Hotel Availability = Zero?

Bstanley

DisNoid
Trying to plan a trip to visit both Tokyo Disney and Hong Kong Disney. The thought was to visit Tokyo Disney the week after Golden Week and since Hong Kong is tropical - visit Hong Kong earlier - the week before (during Golden week).

Checked all three hotels - zero rooms available...

OK I figure - I'll visit Hong Kong the week after the Tokyo visit.

Hmm, maybe I'll do the trip in the fall.

So I tried 2 dozen random dates throughout the year ranging from 1 night to 5 nights stays and you have probably already guessed.

:crazy2:

Do the hotels at Hong Kong Disney sell out the instant they become available or am I just not holding my mouth right when I click the search button???

Has anyone ever made a hotel reservation using the online tool?

Is Golden Week in October? I don't think it's open for booking yet. It is not even open for August booking yet. When I enquired earlier this month (Nov. 4) via email, I was told that booking was open only till late March of 2018. Hope this helps!

I made a reservation using the online tool for a stay at the Explorer's Lodge last month with no issues. Assuming you're trying to book for 2018, maybe the online system doesn't allow booking so far in advance? I'm not seeing availability on 3rd party sites either so I'm inclined to believe the rooms haven't been released for booking yet. Maybe a call or email to the hotel would provide clarification?

Good luck and hope you enjoy your trip!

Is Golden Week in October? I don't think it's open for booking yet. It is not even open for August booking yet. When I enquired earlier this month (Nov. 4) via email, I was told that booking was open only till late March of 2018. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the information - that's good to hear! I was searching dates between late April and November of 2018 so it appears that what I was experiencing was simply that the resort is not accepting reservations for my time period yet.

Unfortunate that they allow you to enter/search dates that are not yet valid. Perhaps there was a notice on the page that describes the valid date period(s) and I overlooked it.

Golden Week describes a collection of individual Japanese holidays that in 2018 will occur between the end of April and the end of the first week of May. I'm hoping to book a room at Explorers Lodge from May 1st through May 6th.

Thanks again.

-Bruce

Posting in the event anyone else runs into this. In February 2018, I tried making reservations for late August and everything showed sold out. On an off chance, I emailed HKDL asking if they maintained a waitlist in the event someone canceled. I got a lovely reply that reservations were currently only available through June 2018 and that I should check back in April to make reservations for August. Their website indicates you can book a year in advance, but that is not the case.

PamelaKay - Thank you so much for your post. So helpful! I am also planning an August stay in Hong Kong and have spent untold hours trying to book an onsite room, even using other sites to attempt to score any available HKD room, but no luck. I knew from these boards and other sites how attentive I needed to be to Tokyo rooms on the nanosecond they were released to the public, so that reservation was a breeze by comparison. I came to the DISBoards to see if I could find any helpful information for HK before succumbing to an expensive overseas call, and voila, your post was new today, providing just the info I needed.

Good luck planning your trip! We are doing the big three of Shanghai, Tokyo, and Hong Kong, and it has been an equal mix of exhausting and exciting to undertake the efforts to learn all the nuances associated with each location! Cheers.

Thank you for this. This will explain the problem I had today! This means I feel a bit more optimistic about my plans!

@DrunkJam - Circling back to share that after I posted my March 3 inability to book for an HK room August, a few days later, all bookings opened up and became available. My final outcome was:

Booking made on 3/5/18 for a 2-night stay starting 8/5/18. Essentially, 5 months to the day, but that may not be the norm. We were able to select a 45-day advance purchase room offer, with add-on 2-day tickets.

Good luck with your planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!