Hong Kong & Tokyo Disney Trip!

BippityBrittany

Earning My Ears
Hello!

My fiance & I are thinking about honeymooning in hong kong & tokyo. Back story, we got engaged in Shanghai Disneyland! We're getting married on 4/18/20. Has anyone visited late april/early may? If so, how was the weather & crowds?

Or, would you recommend visiting in late may?

Any other tips & tricks are welcome too!

We went to Hong Kong and Tokyo in early May. As long as you avoid the first week, crowds are pretty low at both resorts. The weather in Tokyo was great, but Hong Kong was pretty warm and humid. We went to HK Disney two days and it rained pretty hard on the first.

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding!

In Tokyo, you'd want to make sure that you avoid Golden Week: https://tdrexplorer.com/golden-week-guide-tokyo-disney-resort/

Otherwise, April / May is a pretty good time to visit Japan. It can be quite busy as it is Cherry Blossom season, so everywhere is more crowded than usual as local and international tourists are out and about visiting the Cherry Blossom hot spots.

We went to Hong Kong and Tokyo in early May. As long as you avoid the first week, crowds are pretty low at both resorts. The weather in Tokyo was great, but Hong Kong was pretty warm and humid. We went to HK Disney two days and it rained pretty hard on the first.

Thank you!

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding!

In Tokyo, you'd want to make sure that you avoid Golden Week: https://tdrexplorer.com/golden-week-guide-tokyo-disney-resort/

Otherwise, April / May is a pretty good time to visit Japan. It can be quite busy as it is Cherry Blossom season, so everywhere is more crowded than usual as local and international tourists are out and about visiting the Cherry Blossom hot spots.

Thank you! Very good to know about Golden Week

Hitting Tokyo the Friday Golden Week ends next year. Want to have as empty a park as possible the following Tue/Wed at TDL and TDS. We get to HK May 18 and the park the 19th or 20th. Hopefully not too hot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!