Hong Kong Disneyland with DVC

calypso726

Escaping reality one Disney vacation at a time
Does anyone know when resort availability is loaded to book HKDL with DVC points? We are planning to visit in May. I have been calling member services daily since December and nothing is able to be booked past March 31st. I think it is absurd that there is a points chart for 2018 and 3/4 of the year cannot be booked. I am hoping someone can provide some insight. Thanks!

You might be better off just paying cash for the room you want. The point exchange rate is horrendous. For example, it costs roughly 40 points for one night at the Disneyland Hotel, which if you rented those points for $15 per point would be $600. A room at the Disneyland Hotel, the nicest HK Disney Hotel can be had for only $277 dollars.

On a side note...The Disneyland Hotel and the Explorer’s Lodge are like mini Grand Floridian and mini Animal kingdom minus the animals. They are a little disappointing. We stayed at the Hollywood Hotel and really liked it because it was unique, and not trying to copy something else. The pool was especially nice. All are within easy walking distance of each other and connected by a beautiful walking path along the water. We took the bus to and from the parks because the heat was insane, but the walk from each hotel is comparable as well, with a Hollywood Hotel being the furthest, but only about 4 extra minutes.

On a side note...The Disneyland Hotel and the Explorer’s Lodge are like mini Grand Floridian and mini Animal kingdom minus the animals. They are a little disappointing. We stayed at the Hollywood Hotel and really liked it because it was unique, and not trying to copy something else. The pool was especially nice. All are within easy walking distance of each other and connected by a beautiful walking path along the water. We took the bus to and from the parks because the heat was insane, but the walk from each hotel is comparable as well, with a Hollywood Hotel being the furthest, but only about 4 extra minutes.
Good points here! Although I will say that we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel and found it lovely. A mini Grand Floridian is a great description. We took the bus to the park one day and quickly realized that the amount of walking involved was only slightly less than just waking directly to the park from the hotel.

You might be better off just paying cash for the room you want. The point exchange rate is horrendous. For example, it costs roughly 40 points for one night at the Disneyland Hotel, which if you rented those points for $15 per point would be $600. A room at the Disneyland Hotel, the nicest HK Disney Hotel can be had for only $277 dollars.

I just wanted to say thank you! I realized the Sea View Balcony room we wanted was 67 points per night and the OOP cost was about $417 per night. Your post got me wondering if I could cover the HKDL room by renting out DVC points then how many more points would I need to rent out to cover our rooms at Shanghai DL and a split stay at MiraCosta in Tokyo Disney Sea as well as Tokyo Disneyland Hotel. I submitted the form to David's DVC rental on Sunday night and today they are rented out. You just saved me several thousand dollars!!! :worship::worship:

I just wanted to say thank you! I realized the Sea View Balcony room we wanted was 67 points per night and the OOP cost was about $417 per night. Your post got me wondering if I could cover the HKDL room by renting out DVC points then how many more points would I need to rent out to cover our rooms at Shanghai DL and a split stay at MiraCosta in Tokyo Disney Sea as well as Tokyo Disneyland Hotel. I submitted the form to David's DVC rental on Sunday night and today they are rented out. You just saved me several thousand dollars!!! :worship::worship:

I’m so excited for you!! Sounds like you are doing all the Asian Disney’s? We did that this past summer and had a blast! I hope you have a great trip!

Agree with PP, sounds like a great trip! Wishing you a wonderful time.

I’m so excited for you!! Sounds like you are doing all the Asian Disney’s? We did that this past summer and had a blast! I hope you have a great trip!

Thank you! Yes, that’s the plan. We are doing by the China Adventures by Disney trip which includes HKDL and Shanghai DL. We are adding a pre and post day for more park time. Then we are flying to a Tokyo after the ABD and post Shanghai DL day. We will have 4 days and nights to explore TDS and TDL. I am so excited as we’ve never been to any of the Asia Disney parks.

Agree with PP, sounds like a great trip! Wishing you a wonderful time.

Thank you so much. I am sure it will very memorable and lots of fun!

Thank you! Yes, that’s the plan. We are doing by the China Adventures by Disney trip which includes HKDL and Shanghai DL. We are adding a pre and post day for more park time. Then we are flying to a Tokyo after the ABD and post Shanghai DL day. We will have 4 days and nights to explore TDS and TDL. I am so excited as we’ve never been to any of the Asia Disney parks.

Thank you so much. I am sure it will very memorable and lots of fun!
Have a wonderful trip! That sounds amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter