Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel Review

LesBesTes

Earning My Ears
My husband, 5 year old daughter, and I spent three nights at Hong Kong Disneyland in May of this year. I previously posted some tips and tricks on this board that we learned during our visit. Thanks so much for the kind feedback.

At long last, I've finally written up a complete review of our stay at the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel as well. The two part review (with lots of photos) is here on my blog:

HKDL Hotel Review Part 1: Overview, Cost, Rooms, Dining
HKDL Hotel Review Part 2: Resort Amenities, Transportation, Critiques, Comparison to Hollywood Hotel, and Final Verdict

Here are a few highlights of our review:

1. We thought the hotel was excellent and actually a reasonable value when compared to comparable Disney hotels at other Disney parks (and even when compared to Hong Kong hotel prices generally).
  2. We made sure to do the Enchanted Garden character breakfast and have our daughter made up into a princess at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. It is quite a convenience to have both of those options on-site.
  3. We found the hotel was close enough to walk to the park some times to avoid shuttle lines (5 year old got a piggy back ride). If you have older kids, this is the strategy to follow if you are facing a long line for the shuttle.
  4. The pool is worth a visit, even on a short stay. It has an easy water slide that our daughter loved.

Happy to answer any questions about our stay as well.

Hi LesBesTes,

Thanks for posting this, from another Bay Area person! :)

My wife and I are going in October, and I'm extra excited now after reading your review.

Thank you, I really enjoyed reading your reviews. I loved the HK Disneyland Hotel too, and the beautiful walk to Disneyland.

Hi LesBesTes,

Thanks for posting this, from another Bay Area person! :)

My wife and I are going in October, and I'm extra excited now after reading your review.

Thanks confectioneer! It was a great trip for us and hope you enjoy it too. We felt like we were the only Americans there, but perhaps it was just the time of year. A few Aussies, but almost no one from the States. Made it seem even more surreal.

Thank you, I really enjoyed reading your reviews. I loved the HK Disneyland Hotel too, and the beautiful walk to Disneyland.

Thanks to you too Meemoo! We couldn't believe how deserted that walk was from the hotel to the park. Almost everyone takes the shuttle, which I understand in the heat. But you get hot walking around the park all day too, so it isn't like you can escape it.

The one thing that was clear to me walking that long (empty) promenade from hotel to park is that Disney and Hong Kong planned BIG for this park. Everything is empty now, but can you imagine in 20-30 years if this park continues to be successful like this past year and can grow? Lots of room to expand. (Whether Shanghai puts a damper on Hong Kong expansion though remains to be seen.)

I loved HKDL Hotel too :goodvibes

I agree about the walk to the park. We couldn't believe how empty it was and that people would even bother with the shuttle (we went in March so it was pretty mild weather).

Thank you so much for posting! :goodvibes I'll be having my first stay at the Disneyland Hotel in about a month and it was so good to read your reviews.

We traveled during HK winter, but the walk was still so quiet - just the beautiful music, I remember commenting to my husband it would just be so wrong to be mugged there, with that music playing, everything so perfect surrounding you! The thing with the shuttle is that you still need to walk a fair bit after you get off anyway, so it was nice to have an alternate relaxing way of getting there.

And yes, I could also vision a Down Town Disney surrounding that walk in the future, it will happen in time I am certain :)

We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel for several nights over Christmas 2013 and loved it. The hotel itself was/is beautiful and the staff were lovely - one really came to my aid when I discovered I'd left our park tickets at home in Australia. :crazy2: It was 100 times better than the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim.

We didn't try the pool but it looked great from what we did see. We walked to and from the parks on several occasions and found it a very pleasant walk.

If we're ever lucky enough to go to HK again I'd probably stay at the hotel for a week or more. It really wasn't that much more expensive than some of the mainland hotels and it's not that difficult to get into the main city parts of HK from there.

The only thing I'd like to see is a more budget priced restaurant and/or more snack options than what was offered in the gift shop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter