Holy August &September car rental rates $$$$$

We have a minivan rental from 8/30 - 9/16 through Thrifty. We started off at $960 and we are currently at $623.

We're 9/6 - 9/18. I prefer mid +. All of the big names are sending emails saying they're holding my reservation because I started reservations. Ummm- no thank you - unless you want to cut the price way down. Your extra $20 off is laughable.

SUV for $485. Might cave just to get it done!

AND NO!!! Pre-pay went up to$633 with 'fees and taxes'

Last edited:
Finally booked my car for my mid August trip. Alamo with a free class upgrade from Midsize to Standard $246.24 also dropping off in a different location. I spent way more last year but I did have the car an extra day. That said I feel some of the rates have gone down from what I was looking at the last few months.

Too early. I’ve rented this year for feb, April, and June. Every time the rates were crazy high, but they came down as we got about a month away. Going in sep 9-22 and while I have a couple of things booked, it’s all good. Those cheap rates from years ago are gone, but things should get better by the end of the summer. I got a decent rate by picking up at dolphin and dropping off at mco. 9 days, full size for $317.

Too early. I’ve rented this year for feb, April, and June. Every time the rates were crazy high, but they came down as we got about a month away. Going in sep 9-22 and while I have a couple of things booked, it’s all good. Those cheap rates from years ago are gone, but things should get better by the end of the summer. I got a decent rate by picking up at dolphin and dropping off at mco. 9 days, full size for $317.
With whom?

Haven’t read the whole thread, but I paid $339 for 7 days in a mini-van back in April.

Via Priceline, express deal. MCO.

I checked and it’s $312 for a full size with national for 9 nights. I used the EA code 5007125 and a free day coupon NF5129ZDZ. This is picking up at dolphin and dropping off at mco

Midsize - National - same codes, Dolphin > MCO
$357.00 / week

$717.80 Total*

* Price Details

Picking up 7th and returning 18. Double for two extra days (actually arriving on 6th but non airport sites are closed)

Finally booked my car for my mid August trip. Alamo with a free class upgrade from Midsize to Standard $246.24 also dropping off in a different location. I spent way more last year but I did have the car an extra day. That said I feel some of the rates have gone down from what I was looking at the last few months.
The best part of this is if you are picking up at MCO, they don't have a Standard Aisle, so you are sent to the Full Size Aisle. So, pay for a Midsize, get a Full Size.

The best part of this is if you are picking up at MCO, they don't have a Standard Aisle, so you are sent to the Full Size Aisle. So, pay for a Midsize, get a Full Size.

I'm picking up at West Palm because we are visiting my mom 1st then driving up to Orlando in the week. But that might explain why last year I was able to drive off with a Minivan for a Midsize last year at West Palm. Probably the same thing happened. I was secretly hoping something similar will happen this year as we are coming in very late again lol.

My DH is always asking me....what are you doing on your screen? I almost always reply with....checking car rentals! He laughs and says, I thought you already reserved one? Yeah, that was six reservations ago....just keep trying for something lower.....

We are at the beach - DH saw me with my travel notes - told him I booked a rental - surprised when i told him I booked something 300 less than what it was last week.

Been watching for better prices for months. Prices for rental cars are just nuts right now !

If it wasn't for a split stay at Disneys Vero Beach, we would be using ME for sure !

Best price to date so far for a minivan (we need) is $560. OTD with Dollar, for 10 days. Sept 7-17 ! Hoping to get lower , and keep checking ......but its not looking good !

Been watching for better prices for months. Prices for rental cars are just nuts right now !

If it wasn't for a split stay at Disneys Vero Beach, we would be using ME for sure !

Best price to date so far for a minivan (we need) is $560. OTD with Dollar, for 10 days. Sept 7-17 ! Hoping to get lower , and keep checking ......but its not looking good !

We lucked out with Alamo so far $440 full size for Sept 6 -18. Was $740 last week.

Still with our $475 7 day minivan, pick up Mco, drop off CCC. Fearing I’m not going to find it cheaper with about four weeks to go......

We are in the same boat. Doing Vero then moving over to Disney. I can not believe how high they are. We have a Standard booked for 10 days for $389.00 I keep checking everyday to see if they will go down, but nothing :(

I can find a rate I can live with, although a bit high, but I would have to return the car to MCO vs the Dolphin or CCC. Since I needed a car for just three days, I wanted to return it the day I moved over to BW, making the Dolphin perfect. But not at a rate of over $400!!! I can return it to MCO and the rate is around $250. But, that means taking time out of my day, driving back to MCO, returning the car, and taking DME back to BW. Yeah, not happening.

Thankfully I have been checking daily because the rates have continually been in the mid $300's for the 6 days we need one. Last week, Thrifty sent me an email to get 15% off and I got a full size for $212/total. This week the cars were all back up into the $300's. I noticed minivans are outrageous, like $700-800. We used to rent minivans all the time for $200-300 for a week. Did car prices go up? Wonder what happened that is making the prices so much higher.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter