Hollywood itinerary - will this timing work?

nkereina

Last chance to lose your keys.
DH and I are staying at Loews Hollywood Hotel over Memorial Day weekend. On Sunday morning, we are planning to go from our hotel to Warner Bros for the 9am studio tour, which ends around 12pm. We will Uber back to the hotel, hopefully arriving back by 12:30. We'd like to grab a quick lunch and collect our luggage, then grab an Uber to LAX so hopefully on the road there by 1:30pm. This should put us at the airport by 2:30pm for our 5:10pm flight home.

Being that this is a Sunday over a holiday weekend, any thoughts on whether this schedule is doable or cutting things too close? I'm freaked out over the traffic and not sure if I'm estimating commute times well, so appreciate any input!

Also, is three hours for LAX necessary? I've read this, so I'd rather overestimate than under.

Thanks!

Definitely doable, though I'd imagine your drive to LAX could take longer but you don't need to be there three hours early. For a 5:10 flight, you probably don't need to leave Hollywood before 2, but I agree that it's better to be safe.

It *might* take longer than 30 minutes to get from Warner Bros back to Loews. I've done that exact drive many times, and it could be 15 minutes or an hour depending on traffic. It's all city streets (at least the way I go) and traffic lights. Hopefully on a Sunday mid-day it won't be too bad. But check the schedule of events happening at the Dolby Theater and the Chinese Theater and the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Sometimes they close the streets for events like movie premieres, and then you'll have a hell of a time getting in or out of your hotel. I used to use https://www.seeing-stars.com/ to track events in Hollywood, but I don't know if it's the most up-to-date source any more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter