Holiday Wishes Dessert Party - Garden, Terrace or Neither?

DisneyWishes14

DIS Veteran
I am considering doing a Dessert Party during our MVMCP night and am wondering if anyone can share their experiences with either the Plaza Garden or the Terrace Dessert party? My main concern is getting a good spot for the fireworks without having to wait a long time. My first thought was the Garden so we wouldn't need to show up too early to get a table on the terrace, however, I think my DS10 and DH wouldn't mind sitting for the show. I'm just wondering what the view is like from the Terrace? Would the garden viewing even be necessary if we simply moved down Main St. a little (toward the Train Station) and saw it from there to avoid big crowds in the hub?

I've done both the Wishes and HEA party from the garden which was nice. I've also done MNSSHP WITHOUT a party and was able to get a good view. Just wondering if crowds will be bigger at MVMCP to warrant spending the money on a party.

it is almost the same thing. but they have Christmas dessert and the fireworks are different.

it is almost the same thing. but they have Christmas dessert and the fireworks are different.

Yes, I know. HEA vs. Holiday Wishes are two different shows. I would not do terrace viewing for HEA due to the projections. Curious what the terrace view is like for Wishes, hence my question. Also wondering if it's needed during MVMCP as crowd levels will differ than general day crowds for HEA. We did not need it during MNSSHP, but I'm reading that MVMCP may be more crowded.

Do you have first-hand knowledge of either party during MVMCP? Hoping to get feedback from those who've actually done it. Not HEA (been there, done that). And I'm familiar with the general info in what's included with the parties. I'm specifically looking for info on the Wishes parties (views and crowds) during MVMCP.

Yes, thank you. That thread is for the HEA party. I'm looking specifically for feedback on the Holiday Wishes dessert parties during MVMCP if anyone has attended. I've read through the Christmas party thread but can't really get a sense of experiences for this particular party.

I have an unhelpful non-answer because I haven’t done the MVMCP dessert party like you’re asking for, but I did do the MNSSHP Plaza Garden dessert party earlier this year. My personal opinion is that the MNSSHP dessert party was a waste - totally not needed... both because of the time it takes away from the party and the hub just wasn’t crowded enough to make the reserved viewing area worth it. There were maybe like 20 other people at the party on my night, if that - DS was doing laps around the garden!

Like you, I’m curious how the MVMCP ones are going. My experience with MVMCP is that the hub area ‘feels’ more crowded than a MNSSHP. The combination of the parade, the shows, the castle lights, and the fireworks tends to keep more people in that area longer, in my opinion.

But (also like you) I’m a bit unsure if it’s crowded enough to justify a dessert party. I think if I were in your shoes, I’d probably be ok passing on the dessert party. But it’s probably not as bad an idea as the MNSSHP one was (in terms of needing it), so I could probably convince myself to do it.

I’m probably just adding to your dilemma - SORRY!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

BTW, at last year’s MVMCP we watched the fireworks from the garden area in front of Casey’s. DS and I walked up 5-10 minutes before showtime and found a spot. I think we might have even stayed seated, I can’t quite remember. That garden area was definitely full, but not so full that two people couldn’t find a spot on that particular night. Although that was a pretty risky strategy that could have backfired on me if it had been more crowded.

Hope you get some better responses from folks who have actually been. :-) Again, sorry for the likely unhelpful response!

Yes, I know. HEA vs. Holiday Wishes are two different shows. I would not do terrace viewing for HEA due to the projections. Curious what the terrace view is like for Wishes, hence my question. Also wondering if it's needed during MVMCP as crowd levels will differ than general day crowds for HEA. We did not need it during MNSSHP, but I'm reading that MVMCP may be more crowded.

Do you have first-hand knowledge of either party during MVMCP? Hoping to get feedback from those who've actually done it. Not HEA (been there, done that). And I'm familiar with the general info in what's included with the parties. I'm specifically looking for info on the Wishes parties (views and crowds) during MVMCP.
I was going to do it but it was not crowded and you can find a good spot

We have the Garden Plaza view booked for our MVMCP night. So glad that I do. Dec. 1st is now sold out and there aren't any more reservations available for plaza or terrace view for my night. So I fully expect huge crowds. I'm glad I booked it, but not sure it will make much of a difference once we make our way to the garden plaza since it's sold out for that night as well. It may be just as crowded in the plaza as it will outside of it at this point. The plus side is we can have desserts and seats for a bit before making our way through the congested hub and not have to stake out a spot for hours just to get decent seats.

We did Terrace viewing for HEA back in June and had a totally unobstructed, beautiful view. Didn't seem like we missed anything as far as projections went, we could still see them clearly on the castle. I'd definitely repeat the experience with any fireworks show.

I have an unhelpful non-answer because I haven’t done the MVMCP dessert party like you’re asking for, but I did do the MNSSHP Plaza Garden dessert party earlier this year. My personal opinion is that the MNSSHP dessert party was a waste - totally not needed... both because of the time it takes away from the party and the hub just wasn’t crowded enough to make the reserved viewing area worth it. There were maybe like 20 other people at the party on my night, if that - DS was doing laps around the garden!

Like you, I’m curious how the MVMCP ones are going. My experience with MVMCP is that the hub area ‘feels’ more crowded than a MNSSHP. The combination of the parade, the shows, the castle lights, and the fireworks tends to keep more people in that area longer, in my opinion.

But (also like you) I’m a bit unsure if it’s crowded enough to justify a dessert party. I think if I were in your shoes, I’d probably be ok passing on the dessert party. But it’s probably not as bad an idea as the MNSSHP one was (in terms of needing it), so I could probably convince myself to do it.

I’m probably just adding to your dilemma - SORRY!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

BTW, at last year’s MVMCP we watched the fireworks from the garden area in front of Casey’s. DS and I walked up 5-10 minutes before showtime and found a spot. I think we might have even stayed seated, I can’t quite remember. That garden area was definitely full, but not so full that two people couldn’t find a spot on that particular night. Although that was a pretty risky strategy that could have backfired on me if it had been more crowded.

Hope you get some better responses from folks who have actually been. :-) Again, sorry for the likely unhelpful response!

We have the Garden Plaza view booked for our MVMCP night. So glad that I do. Dec. 1st is now sold out and there aren't any more reservations available for plaza or terrace view for my night. So I fully expect huge crowds. I'm glad I booked it, but not sure it will make much of a difference once we make our way to the garden plaza since it's sold out for that night as well. It may be just as crowded in the plaza as it will outside of it at this point. The plus side is we can have desserts and seats for a bit before making our way through the congested hub and not have to stake out a spot for hours just to get decent seats.

Thanks for the responses! Yes, SO on the fence with this and we are trying to work the first parade into this too, so just not really sure what to do. We are going Dec. 17, so it might not be a bad idea. The last time we went it was before Thanksgiving so crowds were light and we went to the first MNSSHP this year and didn't need it. Ugh, need to figure this out soon!

Thanks for the responses! Yes, SO on the fence with this and we are trying to work the first parade into this too, so just not really sure what to do. We are going Dec. 17, so it might not be a bad idea. The last time we went it was before Thanksgiving so crowds were light and we went to the first MNSSHP this year and didn't need it. Ugh, need to figure this out soon!

Good luck deciding! I would be having the same dilemma myself, but I think I would probably ultimately go with the dessert party. I'm a sucker for the convenience of them.

Separately, above you asked about views from the Tommorowland Terrace - I'm attaching two photos below from this spring. The fireworks show was Wishes at the time. I know the Tomorrowland Terrace gets some negative comments because of the off-centered angle, but I'm not going to lie - we loved this view and it was a very relaxing evening! You would miss a bit of the MVMCP 180 degree fireworks from this location, but not enough to ruin the show.

Lastly, I thought I had read someone posted recently that they were given reserved parade viewing during their MVMCP dessert party. I have not followed the topic closely but didn't think they were offering that this year, but maybe not?

Attachments

• File May 15, 11 48 37 PM.jpeg
    File May 15, 11 48 37 PM.jpeg
    95.3 KB · Views: 34
  • File May 15, 11 48 04 PM.jpeg
    File May 15, 11 48 04 PM.jpeg
    83.4 KB · Views: 34
We did Terrace viewing for HEA back in June and had a totally unobstructed, beautiful view. Didn't seem like we missed anything as far as projections went, we could still see them clearly on the castle. I'd definitely repeat the experience with any fireworks show.

Good luck deciding! I would be having the same dilemma myself, but I think I would probably ultimately go with the dessert party. I'm a sucker for the convenience of them.

Separately, above you asked about views from the Tommorowland Terrace - I'm attaching two photos below from this spring. The fireworks show was Wishes at the time. I know the Tomorrowland Terrace gets some negative comments because of the off-centered angle, but I'm not going to lie - we loved this view and it was a very relaxing evening! You would miss a bit of the MVMCP 180 degree fireworks from this location, but not enough to ruin the show.

Lastly, I thought I had read someone posted recently that they were given reserved parade viewing during their MVMCP dessert party. I have not followed the topic closely but didn't think they were offering that this year, but maybe not?

Oh, wow. Thank you both! Those pictures are so nice!! Hmmm. The seating on the terrace is tempting and the parade spot would be awesome (I read that post as well, it sounds like they were late to the party after the parade because they saw it from Main St. way down by the train station and didn't get a great table, though . . . ). Alright, need to figure this out!!!

I was going to do it but it was not crowded and you can find a good spot

When did you go to MVMCP? Can you share where you saw the parade and fireworks and what time you got to your spots? I'm just trying to figure out timing and positions for the events and hoping to figure out if the party would add any benefit. Thanks!

When did you go to MVMCP? Can you share where you saw the parade and fireworks and what time you got to your spots? I'm just trying to figure out timing and positions for the events and hoping to figure out if the party would add any benefit. Thanks!
I have done a few MNSSHP and MVMCP all but one was sold out. ( the MNSHP I did this year was not sold out or at least when I got there at 2 they were still selling tickets)

I have seen all the fireworks from main street getting there maybe 30-20 minutes beforehand most of the time I sit on the grassy area in front of the hot dog place, plenty of room one time I sat off to the side ( kind of hard to describe) still a very good view I did this one maybe 5 minutes before. I should add that people were still coming in the area right up to when the fireworks were going off ( they might have been coming in when they were going off but I did not see them, and a CM where showing guest in the area too)

the pardae I did one year in fronterland stood on one of the woooden boxes I got there maybe 1 minute before hand this was the most crowded I have seen the parade ( and the first parade) the only other time I have seen the frist parade is from the VIP vewing area on the bridge that gose to main street ( do not askme how I did this) other times Isee the second parade and I have never had a pard time findinga spot even on main street 10-20 minutes early, infact I was in town square look up at the train station and said that looks like a good spot got up there and there was maybe 8 people there got a slopclose to the middle ( middle left) and looked down main street and I could see them coming.

if you can stay for the scond parade ( and since most people are watchingthe parades and the chariters do not meet and greet the lines tend to be a little shorter) you should be able to find a spot 10-20 minutes before hand no problem the fire works as long as you do not have to be in the middle of main street you should be fine getting a very good ( like the grassy area,) spot 20-30 minutes before hand and a good spot ( like on main street but more off to the side) 15-20 minutes before hand.

if you want to do the dessert party I would do it for the dessert part of it not for the saving time holding your spot/ view you will get. You can get just as good of a view with as much time as it would take to eat dessert and such, if the first parade is the only one you can see then maybe but i had no problem getting a spot right before but I might have gotten lucky

Last edited:

Thank you for pictures. We are booked for Terrace on 12/2 (not a MVMCO)and this was helpful in our decision:-) We want a relatively non- stressful view and desserts are not the main draw for us, although sure we will eat our share.

I have done a few MNSSHP and MVMCP all but one was sold out. ( the MNSHP I did this year was not sold out or at least when I got there at 2 they were still selling tickets)

I have seen all the fireworks from main street getting there maybe 30-20 minutes beforehand most of the time I sit on the grassy area in front of the hot dog place, plenty of room one time I sat off to the side ( kind of hard to describe) still a very good view I did this one maybe 5 minutes before. I should add that people were still coming in the area right up to when the fireworks were going off ( they might have been coming in when they were going off but I did not see them, and a CM where showing guest in the area too)

the pardae I did one year in fronterland stood on one of the woooden boxes I got there maybe 1 minute before hand this was the most crowded I have seen the parade ( and the first parade) the only other time I have seen the frist parade is from the VIP vewing area on the bridge that gose to main street ( do not askme how I did this) other times Isee the second parade and I have never had a pard time findinga spot even on main street 10-20 minutes early, infact I was in town square look up at the train station and said that looks like a good spot got up there and there was maybe 8 people there got a slopclose to the middle ( middle left) and looked down main street and I could see them coming.

if you can stay for the scond parade ( and since most people are watchingthe parades and the chariters do not meet and greet the lines tend to be a little shorter) you should be able to find a spot 10-20 minutes before hand no problem the fire works as long as you do not have to be in the middle of main street you should be fine getting a very good ( like the grassy area,) spot 20-30 minutes before hand and a good spot ( like on main street but more off to the side) 15-20 minutes before hand.

if you want to do the dessert party I would do it for the dessert part of it not for the saving time holding your spot/ view you will get. You can get just as good of a view with as much time as it would take to eat dessert and such, if the first parade is the only one you can see then maybe but i had no problem getting a spot right before but I might have gotten lucky

Wow, this is great info, thank you!! It's good to hear that even with sold-out parties you were able to find good spots! I didn't think about seeing the fireworks in front of Casey's in the grassy area - good idea! Yes, unfortunately second parade is out. I'll be lucky to get DS10 through the fireworks. I'm thinking maybe we should watch the parade from Frontierland (maybe getting there around 8 pm?), circle through Fantasyland and possibly Tomorrowland when it's over and maybe just watching the fireworks down near the train station (we did that one year near the candy store and it was fine). Then we can leave from there. OR go to the train station area for the first parade and hang out on Main St. (shop, get our Sorcerer's cards etc.), see the fireworks and then go. We definitely won't eat enough desserts to justify the party, was just hoping to get a good spot, but it sounds like the party might not be necessary. Thank you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter