Holiday Sleigh Rides

WaltDavisWorld

If you can dream it, you can do it.
I’m thinking of booking a holiday sleigh ride at FW during our December trip. Anyone recommend it? It would be on a night after being at AK and the park closes at 8. What time should I book the sleigh ride for if we plan to stay until park closing? We aren’t staying at FW so we would be driving over. Thanks!

Once you get to FW, you'll go through the security gate, park your car and walk over to the Outpost Depot. From there you'll use internal Fort bus system to get to Crockett's Tavern, where the sleigh rides board. The internal buses run every 10 minutes or so, they all take different routes through the Fort and will make stops, but will arrive at the Marina/Crockett's area. You can check out a map to see the routes - yellow, orange, purple.
Assuming you stay at AK until closing, get to your car, and drive over to FW, then get the bus to your destination there, I'd say you need to allow at least an hour from the time you get to your car.
You will be amazed at the decorations on some of the campsites, and you'll only be seeing a fraction of them! A favorite activity of those of us who camp during the holidays, is taking a golf cart and "looping" to see the magnificant displays throughout.
Enjoy!

Once you get to FW, you'll go through the security gate, park your car and walk over to the Outpost Depot. From there you'll use internal Fort bus system to get to Crockett's Tavern, where the sleigh rides board. The internal buses run every 10 minutes or so, they all take different routes through the Fort and will make stops, but will arrive at the Marina/Crockett's area. You can check out a map to see the routes - yellow, orange, purple.
Assuming you stay at AK until closing, get to your car, and drive over to FW, then get the bus to your destination there, I'd say you need to allow at least an hour from the time you get to your car.
You will be amazed at the decorations on some of the campsites, and you'll only be seeing a fraction of them! A favorite activity of those of us who camp during the holidays, is taking a golf cart and "looping" to see the magnificant displays throughout.
Enjoy!
Thanks! That helps to give me an idea of how long it would take. My best bet may be to try and schedule one for the 9:30 or even 10:00 time then it seems. Glad to know it would be worth the time to go. Trying to fit everything “Christmasy” we can in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter