Holiday Inn KidSuites Resorts

welovedisneyfamily

Earning My Ears
What is the difference between the Holiday Inn Sunspree (which features the Kidsuites) and the HIFS? We have a reservation for June 2002 at the Kidsuites, does anyone have any comments about the resorts? :bounce:

The essential difference is that the Sunspree is a nice, relatively modern hotel that includes Kidsuites in most of its rooms, while the HIFS is a purpose-built kidsuite resort with a number of extras, like a fabulous pool area and themed reception. HIFS is a big hit with the majority of people who stay there and, while both resorts are ideally situated for Disney, the Sunspree is already a little dated by comparison.

Just back from a 2-night stay at the HI Family Suites. My family of four just loved it. Like a lot of kids, my 8 year old loved the hotel more than the parks. It was warm enough on the 29th to get in the pool, and we stayed there for a long time. Free breakfast buffet was good. Dinner was not so great, but they gave us that free at checkin so who could complain. Send me a private message if you have any other questions. I don't know about the Sun Spree. If you are an American Express membership rewards member, you can use those points to pay for any Holiday inn. HIFS costs 25,000 points per night.

We haven't stayed at HIFS, but it appears from this website to be pretty nice. We have in stark contrast stayed at Sunspree and were very VERY disappointed. Dated is a bit too mild a word.

Thank you for all your replies...you definitely have convinced us in staying at the HIFS vs the SunSpree. We are a family of four and we reserved a suite at HIFS for 6/22 at a rate of $152.10..is this about an average price or has the rate gone up? :pinkbounc

We paid $125 with a code we got from mousesavers.com. You can try there to see if they add any discounts closer to June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter