Holding yor reservation?

BcIcemen

DIS Veteran
Coming fro the NE tomorrow with heavy rain in forecast. Did online check in so i am checked in. My question is if my flight is canceled and arrive on Sunday will I still have my room?

Coming fro the NE tomorrow with heavy rain in forecast. Did online check in so i am checked in. My question is if my flight is canceled and arrive on Sunday will I still have my room?
A DVC stay is prepaid in the sense that the points for the entire stay are already charged whether or not you use the room the first night. This is different from booking a hotel stay where you might only be charged for a single night of a no show, with the rest of your rEservation canceled. When we had a weather delay due to snow and missed our first night of a BWV stay, we did call the resort to let them know we would still be arriving and would want to get in the room right away, since we were switching to a very early morning flight the next day. We figured we had paid for the room in any case, even if no one slept there the first night.

We have also paid for (in points) an extra night when we had a very late departing flight so we would have access to the room for all of our last day, rather than having to vacate the room by 11 am. That time, as a courtesy, we did notify the front desk so they could have housekeeping get into the room first thing the next morning, preparing it for the next guests.

Yes but I would call MS and have them add a note that due to weather you might be arriving a day late

It’s after two nights of no one entering the room that could see it canceled, if you have not let MS or the resort now.

The Home Resort rules mention we need to notify them if we will arrive late.

Been there, done that- airline cancelled our flight and we arrived a day late. I called the resort, just to let them know, but they said that, like the PP said, it was our room. No problem when we were a day late.

A DVC stay is prepaid in the sense that the points for the entire stay are already charged whether or not you use the room the first night. This is different from booking a hotel stay where you might only be charged for a single night of a no show, with the rest of your rEservation canceled. When we had a weather delay due to snow and missed our first night of a BWV stay, we did call the resort to let them know we would still be arriving and would want to get in the room right away, since we were switching to a very early morning flight the next day. We figured we had paid for the room in any case, even if no one slept there the first night.

We have also paid for (in points) an extra night when we had a very late departing flight so we would have access to the room for all of our last day, rather than having to vacate the room by 11 am. That time, as a courtesy, we did notify the front desk so they could have housekeeping get into the room first thing the next morning, preparing it for the next guests.
Thanks for the detailed response

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter