hilton head

rob uk

Earning My Ears
:confused:
can anyone tell my how long it takes to drive from disney world to hilton head resort .
We have 3 young children and we planning furture trips and wondered if there is plenty for the children to at hilton head!

There was just a thread on this recently. Everyone seemed to agree that it takes 5 hours to drive from WDW to HH.

I would be surprised if it's only 5 hours. It's about 3.5 hours from Jacksonville to get to the resort, best case scenario unless one's a little (or a lot) crazy on the road. I usually drive between 72-75 on the I when clear and I don't think one could drive it must faster with the construction and then the trip on 278 on to the Island. My guess would be around 6 hours with stops only for gas and the like. I bet someone else knows for certain.

Having done it many times, I can confirm that it is a 5 hour drive at a reasonable speed!

Enjoy!

Took me just over 6 hours last time, but Jacksonville had MAJOR road works. That probably added 15-20 minutes to the journey but it wasn't rush hour. Avoid I4 around Orlando at rush hour and Jacksonville gets pretty snarled up at times.

HH is a great place and has a lot of things to do BUT if you're only looking for a short "beach break" added onto a Disney/Orlando vacation I'd opt for Vero. Much nearer and a much longer season. HH bookings get pretty busy at high season, because it has a relatively short "peak time".

Originally posted by DisneyPoly
Having done it many times, I can confirm that it is a 5 hour drive at a reasonable speed!

Enjoy!
Glad to hear it, I was having trouble thinking of Orlando to Jacksonville in 1.5 Hours. I know it's another 45 minutes to get to the resort from I 95 and a full 3.5 hours to the resort from J'ville.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter