Hey! Now we can "win" a DVC Ownership!

PamOKW

<font color=green>The two most important items for
America's Funniest Home Videos just kicked off their 16th season and said that they will also be giving away trips to placed like WDW. THEN-- up comes the DVC logo and Pat Bergeron says that someone will also win 48 years of Disney vacations when they win a DVC membership and that someone at home will have a chance to win, too. --- He then said they'd be giving details in the future.

Great if you can win and also sounds like Disney is kicking up the DVC membership drive. I don't think SSR will be the last resort!

I just saw that too! My DW said, come here, and watch, they are giving away a DVC membership!!

Too cool!!

BAD NEWS: NOW, everyone will know how great DVC is besides us!!! (Or at least 3 million people, or ever how many watch AFV!!)

DeerH

Jim Lewis mentioned this during the Member Cruise last month. What a great opportunity for two lucky families. Annmarie

Time for some fake spontaneous funny videos. I'm getting right on it. ;)

48 free years! If I won, I'd have reason to live to 94 at least. :p

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

Here is what it says about it: (emphasis added)

The Grand Prize is (1) one membership in Disney Vacation Club to expire January 31, 2054. Membership entitles the winner to an annual allotment of 220 vacation points and is subject to the following rules and restrictions, as amended from time to time: (i) the Master Declaration of Covenants and Restrictions, the Declaration of Condominium and the Master Cotenancy Agreement for Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort, each recorded in the Public Records of Orange County, Florida; and (ii) all other easements, restrictions and matters of record; and (iii) the Disney Vacation Club Membership and the Disney Vacation Club Resort Agreement for Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort. If the winner is a minor under the laws of the winner's state or province of domicile, the grand prize will be awarded to such minor through a custodian pursuant to the provisions of the Florida Uniform Transfers to Minors Act. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event the Grand Prize winner is a minor, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to hold the awarding of the grand prize in abeyance until the date that the minor attains the age of majority in the minor's state or province of domicile, at which time the prize and the estimated cash value of the prize during such temporary period of abeyance shall be awarded directly to the winner. Estimated retail value of the prize is $101,253 in U.S. dollars. Trip details, conditions and restrictions are to be provided at a later date.

oohhh I hope I win :)

I remember Jim Lewis announcing this on the cruise. I wasn't that enthusiastic then, and I'm not now. I still have the same question... who is paying for the membership and the lifetime dues? :confused3

If it's being paid for by ABC, yahoo, and let me submit a video. :rotfl2: But if DVC is forking over the $$$ out of marketing, then it is coming out of our dues and I'm not happy about it. IMHO, it sets a bad precedent, and leaves an opening for DVC Memberships to be used as a cheap marketing tool for every ABC/Disney contest out there.

DVC is Disney's "Best Kept Secret", remember??? Sounds like someone doesn't know how to keep a secret very well... ;)

Hey, Good Ol Gal!
How did you find this info?? The ABC-AFV website said "check back for more details". Is there somewhere else to look? Certainly wouldn't want to miss out on an opportunity like this!!! :flower1:

Rella Bella said:
Hey, Good Ol Gal!
How did you find this info?? The ABC-AFV website said "check back for more details". Is there somewhere else to look? Certainly wouldn't want to miss out on an opportunity like this!!! :flower1:

it's listed under the official rules

I saw the host (one of the guests -can't remember his name) on Tony Danza about a week ago and they showed a clip of his upcoming season premiere of AFV - they did mention they would be given out a DVC membership and showed the boy being surprised in the car that he was in WDW not Myrtle Beach. I had fogotten all about it until the show came on last night. I don't usually watch it but I did last night. I missed the beginning but I only saw the DVC membership mentioned once.

It is great marketing for DVC and it will get them quite a bit of publicity. However, we all know that covering the costs of these 2 giveaways has to come from somewhere. So, I guess we know where that money from the latest price increase is going!

Oh well, I hope the winners are Disney fans and actually use it. Otherwise, I wonder if the pre-paid MN fees would transfer if they sold it! Whew, could you imagine that listing on TTS?!!!

The prize is valued at over $100,000 in the official rules. To anyone not familiar with DVC, this is quite a sum of money for 220 points. I still think the "secret" is safe. If anything, it will make DVC seem even more special.
I wonder if DVC will use this opportunity to annouce the next resort?

I don't think "marketing" comes out of member dues. Isn't paid for by the "developer"/DVD?

Chuck S said:
I don't think "marketing" comes out of member dues. Isn't paid for by the "developer"/DVD?

Doesn't come from dues, but it does come from the per point price paid for contracts.

Good Ol Gal said:
Here is what it says about it: (emphasis added)

oohhh I hope I win :)

Taking into account the tax the winner would have to pay on a $100k+ prize, there's barely any point to winning.

I'm not so sure I'm happy about this ..... do you know how many times I am going to have to fall down the stairs the next couple of weeks?!?!??! Honey - get the camera :earseek: :headache:

It is great marketing for DVC and it will get them quite a bit of publicity.

I thought DVC didn't need the publicity. It sold itself.

Do we have another "Do You Want to be a Millionaire" scenario in the making?

In other words it's been overdone.

manning said:
I thought DVC didn't need the publicity. It sold itself.

Do we have another "Do You Want to be a Millionaire" scenario in the making?

In other words it's been overdone.

Well, it must not be selling as quickly as they'd like. I mean they need to get SSR sold out so they can get CRV, AKV, DLV, HV, etc going!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter