***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

Kona Cafe is serving pumpkin pancakes at breakfast, you guys. Suddenly my decision to not chase a BOG breakfast ADR instead is looking a lot better. 2 more days! I need to get off the DIS and get ready!
I'm excited for the pumpkin waffles! I love all the pumpkin spice things.

Somehow it just doesn’t seem like we’ll be in Disney tomorrow. I repacked a little last night when the weather forecast showed low temperatures for tomorrow and Thursday. But otherwise it looks like good weather.

Somehow it just doesn’t seem like we’ll be in Disney tomorrow. I repacked a little last night when the weather forecast showed low temperatures for tomorrow and Thursday. But otherwise it looks like good weather.

I don't care how cold it gets, I'm still trotting around WDW in my itsy bitsy, teenie weenie, polka dot bikini...

~NM

Got my Northface rain coat packed and umbrella! So excited to get there, but working 9 - 10 hour days the next two days so glad I got most everything packed over the weekend! Thursday morning putting suitcases in the car on my way to work and leaving directly from there to the hotel pre airport night!

So some how the number of bags I am taking has multiplied.
1. Large suitcase with the majority of my clothes in it. Will stay in car until check in at BLT on sunday.
2. Medium suitcase with clothes for hotel stays on Friday and Saturday night. This bag has all toiletries, makeup, electronics in it also.
3. Food bag- my snacks. Very important.
4. Spare bag for Sunday pre-room ready.

Who knows how many I will end up with. I have a feeling I am taking way too much. My plan to pack lite has backfired..

So some how the number of bags I am taking has multiplied.
1. Large suitcase with the majority of my clothes in it. Will stay in car until check in at BLT on sunday.
2. Medium suitcase with clothes for hotel stays on Friday and Saturday night. This bag has all toiletries, makeup, electronics in it also.
3. Food bag- my snacks. Very important.
4. Spare bag for Sunday pre-room ready.

Who knows how many I will end up with. I have a feeling I am taking way too much. My plan to pack lite has backfired..

I think that always happens! I ended up this trip packing a carry on with my necessary things for the Halloween party arrival and other things.. Then I used my large suit case and using my e-bags I have 1/2 of the suitcase packed and have left the other half to bring back Starbucks "I am here" mugs!! I know my December trip (12 days) I will not have room in the suitcase to bring stuff back, as I will again overpack! LOL.

Have a great trip!

The kids are mostly packed, but older one is still complaining about tummy so we are keeping him home from school, hope he is better and doesn't get sick on plane tomorrow. Poor little guy.

OK, I need to ask a really dumb question...

The luggage tags you get with your MagicBands? They don't have anything to do with Magical Express, right?

The luggage tags you get with your MagicBands? They don't have anything to do with Magical Express, right?

Hrmmm. Well, apparently, they do. (Sorry, should have done a better Google search first.) So I guess we'd better not use them if we're not taking it...

Right there is a separate plastic sticky tag that has QR code type of thing for scanning and your hotel info on it and that is for ME. The regular tags that you get with magic bands that is just cute and had characters on it has nothing do with ME-its just for fun.

If I may quietly feel sorry for myself.

I am generally a pretty positive, look on the bright side person...

When it rains, it pours. Work has been a nightmare, an issue with compromised credit card, my beautiful boy Walnut is having a medical issue right before we leave - luckily they will be boarded with vet anyways so they can watch/treat while we are gone. He's only 2, most likely something treatable, but still scary. And this vet calls me about anything. He's called us on our last two vacations about our previous cat Phil. Sigh.
And then of all the months out of all the years, my period decides to be late and will most likely start on day I leave. yay. :(

Okay, chin up, I'm going to Disney!

It felt that way to me before my trip too. Hellish week at work-mind numbing meetings on top of and a ton of extra work and stress for a special event that we had on the Friday befre my trip. It was one thing after another at home and I was stressed about the trip, that I would forget something, that I needed these extra things which would require shopping trips I didnt have time for. and my unfounded fear that the crowds would over take me and that it was going to rain like Noahs ark the whole time.

Just be sure to get enough sleep so you dont start your trip too tired. I promise it will be great, just relax so you can start the trip off right rather than white knuckling your trip down while eating tums for your heart burn and Motrin for your headache.

Kids and Mama packed! As for DH, he always packs last minute but I put in his costume, Star Wars tee and rain jacket. My mom is on her way to Orlando now, going to visit her younger half-sister before meeting us at resort tomorrow. Now to finish this midterm assignment (I'm in grad school) so I can relax and enjoy vacation!

Safe travels to everyone off on their October adventures soon!

We got back Saturday and had a great week and great weather. The Halloween party was way more crowded than I expected (did a sold out Christmas party last year that seemed MUCH much less busy!!), but still had a good time. The time goes so quickly! Crowds were slightly elevated around the parks in the evenings, but not bad overall.

Really enjoyed my first fall visit! I brought home a cold as a souvenir, which wasn't awesome, but luckily that didn't come into play until late in the trip!

Tonight I will finish up packing so we can head to the airport after work tomorrow! I just hope these two days drag by slowly.

ME TOO!!! I just finished going through suitcases again, will put all but my carry on in the car tonight. Double checked to make sure I have magic band, passholder card, Halloween party ticket, and magical express stuff for checked luggage! Check Check and Check!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!