Here at Aulani Now-Ask me questions

There is a shopping shuttle-Halihali Shopping Shuttle that picks up 3 times a day at Aulani and has drop offs at the he Disney Store Premium Outlets (Leonard's food truck there), Ala Moana Shopping Center and T Galleria by DFS. We have not used it but information is available at the Holoholo Tour Desk. I believe that there is also a shuttle that stops at all the hotels and the shopping area in Ko'Olina.

Not to mention that prospective members are shuttled in for a tour/sales presentation form all over. They have a 'desk/booth at the Ala Moana Center near the Disney Store.

Also don't forget the Farmers Market every Monday at the Marriott Beach Club. Small, only 2 stands when we went. One had baked goods and the other fruits and vegetables. We got great tasting small bananas. It is open 9-1. The valet let us leave the car in the front because we were only going to be there a short time. The Farmers Market is on the lower floor/open area. Just ask at the valet desk.
We also saw an Enterprise desk there. So maybe they will allow you to pick up a car there.

Hold the train!!!! There is a Disney Outlet??? Where is this? We have been going to Aulani for years and I've never known this!!!

DVC members there are tours of the Aulani Grand Villa at 10:00 and 3:00 I believe every day. Just stop at the DVC Preview Center off the lobby in the Wai'anae tower. The Grand Villa is amazing! It has 2 entrances-one into the living room and the other into a hallway/mud room by the Master bedroom. Perfect place to store luggage or enter the master bedroom area and not disturb the living room. Magnificent view. The tour GV is on the 10th floor.

Oops my typing error. Sorry not a Disney Store Outlet just Waikele Premium Outlets with a Leonard's food truck for malasadas. There is a Disney store in the Ala Moana Center mall in Honolulu.

Can you find out if Daisy, Pluto, and Shellie Mae will be permanently added to the character meets?

Is the grocery delivery service only for DVC members? I'm guessing that is the case. We are staying on a cash reservation. I know there is a store on Oahu that will deliver, their surcharge is crazy expensive though!

I have seen Mickey, Minnie, Goof, Donald and Stitch so far. I have not seen Duffy, Shellie Mae or Daisy. With the number of Japanese guests I am sure that I would have noticed Duffy or Shellie Mae
I will try to get some information about the characters.

As for grocery delivery check out the Aulani website. Or go into your reservation online and see if you can pull up the Aulani services.
Very windy here today. The trade winds are blowing. Rainy in Honolulu. FYI Did you know that the native Hawaiians have more words in Hawaiian for rain that the Inuit do for snow!
It is delightful sitting on our balcony watching the activities down below.

Last edited:
I just checked out the grocery delivery. Yes the service is just for DVC members. The Island Country Market is across the street about a 10 minute walk. They do have just about everything-milk, bread, cold cuts, grab and go items, cereal etc. I found it to be very pricey. Are you staying in a villa with kitchen facilities? Or a hotel room? Are you renting a car?
If you have a car then you can go to Kapolei there is a Costco, Target, Safeway and Foodland (recommended by several cast members). Remember to bring reuseable bags. Hawaii state law says that you must bring bags or if the store supplies them they must charge you per bag. I brought some from home and when they weren't enough the bags at Longs Drugs and the ABC stores (Island Country Market is an ABC store) are sturdy enough to use over and over.
I have seen lots of families getting pizza from the Pizza Corner which is also across the street. I don't know how it is as far as taste is concerned but probably better than the chains. (Sorry I am from NY and cannot understand eating chain restaurant pizza when I can get locally made pizza/Italian food on nearly every block.)

I just checked out the grocery delivery. Yes the service is just for DVC members. The Island Country Market is across the street about a 10 minute walk. They do have just about everything-milk, bread, cold cuts, grab and go items, cereal etc. I found it to be very pricey. Are you staying in a villa with kitchen facilities? Or a hotel room? Are you renting a car?
If you have a car then you can go to Kapolei there is a Costco, Target, Safeway and Foodland (recommended by several cast members). Remember to bring reuseable bags. Hawaii state law says that you must bring bags or if the store supplies them they must charge you per bag. I brought some from home and when they weren't enough the bags at Longs Drugs and the ABC stores (Island Country Market is an ABC store) are sturdy enough to use over and over.
I have seen lots of families getting pizza from the Pizza Corner which is also across the street. I don't know how it is as far as taste is concerned but probably better than the chains. (Sorry I am from NY and cannot understand eating chain restaurant pizza when I can get locally made pizza/Italian food on nearly every block.)
Staying in a one bedroom villa, but booked through Disney directly(cash reservation, not DVC rental). Going over Thanksgiving, still debating renting a car. I think it will probably make sense to rent a car, seems like the benefit of stopping to get groceries is outweighing the convenience of getting a shuttle. I have never liked driving on vacation, which is why I love Walt Disney World transportation. But, I also don't want to feel stuck at the resort for over a week. Thanks so much for all the info!! I think we will rearrange and just rent a car (at least at the beginning)and try to go to Costco and maybe suck up the steep parking prices at Aulani.

We found a local grocery store recommended by some of the CMs-Foodland. It is not far from Costco and you can join their 'membership' by giving a 10 digit number-phone number with area code works. Then you get the sale prices which were pretty good. They will not call you. Then use the same number anytime you go and you get the sle prices.

Remember to bring some reuseable bags from home. Hawaii state law requires a per bag fee if you do not bring your own. We brought bags but needed some things from Longs Drugs and th ABC store (the Island Market is one) and their bags are sturdy and reuseable. The Longs bag actually says it is designed for 125 uses!
If you have a CVS card bring it or download their app and link your card. Longs is owned by CVS and the CVS extracare card works at Longs!

I have seen Mickey, Minnie, Goof, Donald and Stitch so far. I have not seen Duffy, Shellie Mae or Daisy. With the number of Japanese guests I am sure that I would have noticed Duffy or Shellie Mae
I'm also here this week and have seen Pluto almost every day, Daisy today and Duffy yesterday. I haven't seen Shellie Mae yet.

Just an FYI if you are renting a car. If you need directions stop by the valet desk at the entrance. They have preprinted directions for almost anywhere you want to go-Pearl Harbor, Aloha Stadium Swap Meet, Dole Plantation etc. And on the reverse side are the directions to get back to Aulani.
If you are going into Honolulu, downtown or Waikiki beware of your GPS. Almost all the streets are one way and the GPS kept telling us to turn the wrong way onto a street over and over again. The same was true for my Google Maps app.
Also ask any of the CMs (especially the valets and bell services CMs) for suggestions about local restaurants, places to shop etc. That has taken us to some interesting places.

There is a shopping shuttle-Halihali Shopping Shuttle that picks up 3 times a day at Aulani and has drop offs at the he Disney Store Premium Outlets (Leonard's food truck there), Ala Moana Shopping Center and T Galleria by DFS. We have not used it but information is available at the Holoholo Tour Desk. I believe that there is also a shuttle that stops at all the hotels and the shopping area in Ko'Olina.

Not to mention that prospective members are shuttled in for a tour/sales presentation form all over. They have a 'desk/booth at the Ala Moana Center near the Disney Store.

Also don't forget the Farmers Market every Monday at the Marriott Beach Club. Small, only 2 stands when we went. One had baked goods and the other fruits and vegetables. We got great tasting small bananas. It is open 9-1. The valet let us leave the car in the front because we were only going to be there a short time. The Farmers Market is on the lower floor/open area. Just ask at the valet desk.
We also saw an Enterprise desk there. So maybe they will allow you to pick up a car there.
Is there a fee for the shuttle?

Here now and have seen Mickey,Minnie,Donald, Daisy,Pluto, Chip N Dale, Shellie Mae and Goofy

We are back home again :worried:. I miss all the CMs and the great time we had. I will be posting a trip report soon.

It doesn't seem too crowded at the pools or lazy river. It depends on what time of day you go to the pool. When it is warm out-midday then there are more folks in the pools. But I haven't noticed any huge crowds. And there are chairs available. The most crowded area seems to be by the Mehehune Bridge Children's play area. Groups of families with small children but they seem to come and go. Probably little ones getting tired and needing naps or food.
The Front Desk seems crowded almost all day. With guests coming in from Australia, Japan as well as Canada and the continental U.S. there are guests checking in all the time.

I checked the Dole Whip but no floats.

I will check Kalepa's Store for the T shirts!
Here now too and the crowd level is wonderful and light. We came this time of year 3 years ago too and it's bliss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter