help with room for ECV?

HeatherN

Dreaming of Disney
Hello all. We are planning our second trip (our first one was 11 years ago, a Make a wish trip ) Since this is our first on property stay I need some advice. There will be two adults, and two teenagers on the trip. I need a ECV (fibromyalgia - pain and fatigue issues) and one teenager will have a wheelchair that folds up to the size of a golf bag ( Down syndrome- ambulatory but fatigues easily due to low muscle tone and orthopedic problems) I was looking at the value resorts as we don't care much what the rooms look like. I am very concerned if there will actually be room to move at all with the ECV and wheelchair. I started looking at moderate rooms but the floor space does not look much better. I would prefer two queen beds or a queen and twin bunk beds. Does anyone have any thoughts on a room or is there an alternate space at resorts to store a ECV that is safe from theft? Do I need to look at suites? Thank you! Edited to add that we will need to charge the ECV and also accommodate three CPAP sleep apnea machines at night.

Last edited:
Hello all. We are planning our second trip (our first one was 11 years ago, a Make a wish trip ) Since this is our first on property stay I need some advice. There will be two adults, and two teenagers on the trip. I need a ECV (fibromyalgia - pain and fatigue issues) and one teenager will have a wheelchair that folds up to the size of a golf bag ( Down syndrome- ambulatory but fatigues easily due to low muscle tone and orthopedic problems) I was looking at the value resorts as we don't care much what the rooms look like. I am very concerned if there will actually be room to move at all with the ECV and wheelchair. I started looking at moderate rooms but the floor space does not look much better. I would prefer two queen beds or a queen and twin bunk beds. Does anyone have any thoughts on a room or is there an alternate space at resorts to store a ECV that is safe from theft? Do I need to look at suites? Thank you! Edited to add that we will need to charge the ECV and also accommodate three CPAP sleep apnea machines at night.

Here is a link to a youtube of the standard room at Disney Pop Century:

Here is a link to a youtube of the standard king room at Disney Pop Century:

Here is a link to a thread of the roll-in shower room at Disney Pop Century:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...ll-in-shower-room-review-with-photos.3692568/

If the wheelchair can be folded, then folding it while in the room will save space.

We have members here who have successfully parked 2 ECVs in rooms at POP; Page 1 of this thread, post #19 @FortForever posted a picture of the table bed in the lowered position with an ECV parked between the bed and the window

You are responsible for the ECV, and expected to keep it in your room when you are in your room.

Remember to plug the scooter in at night - every night! - to charge it. Rental scooters should be delivered with a full battery, but it will be up to you to make sure it is fully charged every night.

I usually rent an ECV when visiting Disney and we stayed at Pop in March in one of the renovated rooms with the table bed. I could fit the ECV in there - no problem - but I did struggle a bit more getting it into the room. The easiest thing is to put the table bed in the upright position (so it becomes a table) and then you have room to come inside and park. In the morning, I put the bed up to get out (although I think I aimed the ECV towards the door so I could get out with the bed down too). I would think if the other chair folds up so small that you won't have problems fitting it into a corner somewhere.

If someone fit 2 ECV's in that room - wow! I couldn't do it (in a way that would still allow walking through the room) - lol!

The rooms are very nice and there's lots of storage space for unpacking luggage. I can't speak to the c-pap machines - seems like there is one bedside table for each bed so I'm not sure where the 3rd person (not next to a bedside table) would set their machine.

Your wheelchair can go anywhere; so, that will not be an issue.

Most people will place a scooter near the door by a plug. As others have stated the newly remodeled value resorts such as POP Century and soon for All Stars is a little trickier to manuever in the room but doable. Putting the second bed in the upright position will be the way to go when getting the scooter in and out of the room.

We use a doorstop that we bring to hold the door open to get the scooter in and out. This works better than someone trying to hold the door open.

The new pop room have more plugs then you can use ( I counted 10 in the main room all with 2 usb plugs ) so plugging in 3 cpap should not be a problem

Thank you all for the fantastic advice. I especially loved the videos as I could get a much better feel for the space. I knew you all would have answers for me! Thank you so much!

In POP there are 3 nightstands. The 3rd one in between the beds. So 3 cpaps would work just fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!