HELP! Ticket Disaster...need suggestions

UPDATE: I now have tickets linked in MDE but still they are the wrong tickets!! But that is what we have ended up with so we are just going to have to upgrade to Park Hopper when we get there.

The BMO supervisor was still trying to fight to get them to cover the upgrade but their rep was on vacation it was still going to take a few days to resolve so I said I don't care about getting them for free I will just pay to upgrade, but I want to the confirm that the price was correct. While on hold she call ACV and asked them to do the upgrade, they in turn called Disney and according to them there was no way for them to change the ticket that I would just have to upgrade upon arrival. I also knew I would be able to upgrade upon arrival.

I then called Disney just to see if I could do the upgrade before arrival, not that it really matters anyway since we have to go to Guest Relations on the first day anyway to prove our residency, and Disney confirmed that upgrading the ticket would be no problem but since it was booked through a travel agent that they were the only ones that could do the upgrade! After just having been told it wasn't possible, this is when I just said forget it, linked the tickets and will upgrade on arrival. When we return, we just need to call BMO and they will take the park hopper charge off of our cards and refund with points. Lesson learned as a warning to all, if you are using any type of credit card points at all for Disney tickets make sure that they are booking them DIRECTLY through Disney!!! Feel so relieved however that I can see the tickets and that we will be good to book our Fastpasses :-)

$180 versus $66 is way incorrect even given the U.S.-Canada exchange rate.

You should not have to pay more than the cost of the hopping option as published in or inferred from ticket prices in a current Disney brochure, on the Disney web site, or posted above the park ticket booths.

Unfortunately, by the time you get back home, it will be too late to make a dispute with your credit card company if you ran into problems. Some kinds of tickets are not changeable or upgradable; I don't have a list of all the identifying marks of such "promotional" or "nonstandard" tickets.

Last edited:
I bet they are charging you to upgrade to regular park hopper, not to a Canadian ticket park hopper. That's why it costs so much. So sorry this has happened to you. But at least you'll get your FPPs.

Last year if you wanted to upgrade the Canadian tickets at Guest Relations you actually lost the discount on the ticket. WE wanted to add a day but they would not "price bridge." We got the same answer from multiple guest relations and we were not alone. It was widely reported on the boards here that they could not be upgraded without losing the discount.

I would fight now to make them fix it.

Last year if you wanted to upgrade the Canadian tickets at Guest Relations you actually lost the discount on the ticket. WE wanted to add a day but they would not "price bridge." We got the same answer from multiple guest relations and we were not alone. It was widely reported on the boards here that they could not be upgraded without losing the discount.

I would fight now to make them fix it.

I get what you are saying but I think we are ok because we aren't trying to upgrade but just adding on the park hopper option. We are also still within the purchase period of the program when we go. I could be mistaken but I think that the price of the park hopper was the same whether it was a Canadian resident or regular ticket. Just tried to look it up but the website is acting up. I also called Disney and they confirmed all was good but now I'm thinking an extra call would be in order just to put my mind at ease again.

Now Im worried about this possible issue of losing the discount so ive sent an email describing the situation to see what they say. I have now booked my fastpasses with the ticket today so I don’t really want to mess with it! Worse case scenario if we have to pay the extra when we get there to add the Park hopper and lose the discount I will definitely be going after BMO and ACV to get reimbursed.

One last thing, when you do get to Disney, tell them your story. I think we all know, this is not Disney's issue, but sometimes a little magic may come your way. Probably not in any monetary form, but you may get a few fastpasses (their answer to everything).

Just start off with the "I know this is not your issue, but i just want to share what some of your 'agent' companies put me through."

We had an issue, actually a silly one. Traveling with friends, their adult son was not going to go on vacation with us. The entire vacation was planned without him being considered. When it turned out he was able to get leave a few days before the vacation, we arrived at Disney with one extra person. No problem with the room, and a six day parkhopper took care of the ticket. But then there were all of those fast passes that had been planned 60 days earlier.

My wife went to customer service, and asked if his ticket could be "matched" with the rest of us for fast passes. The Guest relations person said they couldn't get him fastpasses at the same times, there was simply no availability. My wife said she completely understood, but asked if all of her fastpasses could be transferred to him instead. We are there all the time, but for our friends, this was their first visit ever. This way, they can see everything, and worse case, she would skip a few rides, or may even take my band to do a ride and I would sit out. The agent did say that she could do that.

Then the magic happened. She said that she was giving all of us 6 experience fast passes as well. She did not just give that to my wife, but to all nine of us. It allowed us to do some mix and matching for some rides.

And magic did keep happening. For every one of our ADR, they were able to accommodate the extra person without any issues.

My point being, here was a time when Disney did absolutely nothing wrong. Yet they still bent over backwards to help accommodate us. That is why I love Disney (despite some of my other posts when I appear to be frustrated...)

Hi thanks, I have received confirmation from several sources that adding the park hopper is not a problem, just how much is the issue. I have an email from Disney saying that we will in fact have to pay to upgrade to the regular hopper, losing the discount however I have a friend that added days to her Canadian ticket last year and it was no problem. I haven't heard back from BMO or ACV at this point but we have decided not to pursue it further at this point because of the fear of messing up our fast passes.

My plan is this. We are going to guest relations at Disney Springs our first night, I will say we want to add park hopper to our 10 day tickets and ask how much, I assume at that point we will be quoted the $72 or whatever it is and the issue will come up if it does when we scan in and they see our ticket type. If necessary I will explain the whole story, we are always very kind and hopeful with these kind of situations so we will go from there. Best case scenario we pay to add on only, worst case we have to pay the extra but hopefully may end up with a few pixie dust fastpasses and we will get reimbursed from either BMO or ACV once we return home and can see the charge on our cards.

We are so excited for this trip and have decided not to let this little hiccup bother us any more, even having to pay the difference on what were essentially "free" tickets is just a drop in the bucket for what we will be spending on this 15 days trip lol!!

Thank you for all of your kind messages, I did post this in the heat of the moment to speak. A little later in the morning I had resigned myself that it wasn’t the end of the world if I didn’t them.

CHecked my email a couple of hours ago and we have tickets!! BUT, you aren’t going to believe this they are supposed to be Park hopper and they aren’t, they didn’t send the right ticket!

Our confirmation clearly says Park hopper so now I’m going to try to sort this out Monday morning. Worse case scenario we just upgrade when we get there.

Still not perfect but much better than I was this morning!
I hope everything works out. Good luck

I get what you are saying but I think we are ok because we aren't trying to upgrade but just adding on the park hopper option. We are also still within the purchase period of the program when we go. I could be mistaken but I think that the price of the park hopper was the same whether it was a Canadian resident or regular ticket. Just tried to look it up but the website is acting up. I also called Disney and they confirmed all was good but now I'm thinking an extra call would be in order just to put my mind at ease again.

That's considered an upgrade.

Good luck! I have been booking my own trips since 1989 and have never used anyone but Disney for the tickets.

We did finally hear back from BMO and they have just said to upgrade when we get there, whatever the cost of the adding the park hopper they will cover, between either them or ACV due to all of the hassle. Big lesson learned for sure, I will always be instructing our BMO rep to purchase DIRECTLY from Disney! We also got Universal Tickets with our points as well, ticket info is supposed to be received within 14-30 days of trip, haven't got those yet....somehow I'm not optimistic that will go well either, I'm sure I will be calling in the 14th day saying where are our tickets?

If anyone happens to be invested in my drama lol, I just wanted to update that we got our universal ticket vouchers from ACV the other day and they came with the "offsite" Disney ticket vouchers as well....even though we got our tickets with confirmation number two months ago. It says bring these vouchers to guest services and exchange for your tickets.

If anyone happens to be invested in my drama lol, I just wanted to update that we got our universal ticket vouchers from ACV the other day and they came with the "offsite" Disney ticket vouchers as well....even though we got our tickets with confirmation number two months ago. It says bring these vouchers to guest services and exchange for your tickets.

I am happy to hear it all worked out but what a hassle!

So here is the final ticket update, we went to Disney Springs on Sunday night to go to Guest Relations to prove our residency and try to sort out the ticket upgrade. They had an over 1 hour queue so we decided to wait and see the Guest Relations at Magic Kingdom at Magic Kingdom. There was some sort of magic band glitch that was affecting some people so there was a pretty large line at their Guest Relations as well, we waited about 30 minutes and finally got to the wicket. When we said what we wanted to do he immediately told us that he didn't have the ability to access the Canadian Ticket prices, I said we were aware but that it was a mistake by our travel agent and that they would be reimbursing us for whatever we had to pay for the upgrade. He punched in his keyboard for about 5 minutes and finally came up with some way that he found for us to be able to pay $70.29 each which was exactly what the price of the Canadian ticket upgrade would have been!! We were very pleased and finally happy that this was all sorted and we could start to enjoy our vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter