Help Red Tide threatens to ruin our vacation!

Mummycat

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone this year we have booked up for 9 nights at our favourite beach, Longboat Key Sarasota. We have been watching with great sadness the devastation to the coastline, wildlife and businesses and are so sad.
We are currently reviewing our plans as we are due to travel there on the 19th but the likelihood is it still will be horrendous. Can anyone recommend an alternative beach resort similar? Not sure if we'll even be able to cancel or move the holiday but are seriously starting to consider our options. Feeling disloyal to the people of Sarasota but it's a lot of money to spend to not be able to go near the beach or pool and my husband has mild asthma.
Many thanks :guilty:

Ps ignore my countdown as its from last year and I need my husband to help me update it! This year no Disney just the West coast of Florida

I read on another thread that there is a map you can follow. Maybe that will help.

The poster was moving to the east coast, New Symra beach.

I read on another thread that there is a map you can follow. Maybe that will help.

The poster was moving to the east coast, New Symra beach.

Thanks for the reply . We've spent an anxious few days looking at the options and different locations. Had a quick look at New Symra and it has a title for greatest amount of shark attacks so will be steering clear . Our hotel has promised a full refund if we want to check out at any time so we're going to give it a go knowing we can't go in the sea and if we need to leave we can. Fortunately the villa in Orlando we used to use when the kids were little has a free week so we will head there. Finally really excited. Who knows-if we have to go to the villa we may even sneak in a little Disney!!

Well you'll have a great holiday, your in Florida after all!! Glad your hotel I see being so flexible and you have a back up plan now. Fingers crossed things turn out well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter