Help! POR or AS

Madangel32

<font color=CC66CC>madangel, don't get mad, get ev
I need some help! I already have a reservation at POR. I love POR but I could save $110 switching to an AS resort with the new Disney.com rate. I have already payed the deposit on POR with the CZF codes.

I am only eligible to get the general public codes so this is probably as good as its going to get for a non-AP person.:( What a shame!

Anyways, I would like to have ya'lls honest opinion. Thanks for your help. Obviously, I am a flea market shopper!!! HaaHaa! Always looking for the best deal.

Angel

1976 - Contemporary
1993 - Radisson Resort
1994 - Dixie Landings (POR)

2003 - POR ???

Sorry, I left that info out.

I am traveling with DH (his first time staying on-site) and DD 5 (her first time to WDW).

I think I am starting to change my mind again. I have read many love it posts about AS resorts. But I don't like the posts about the "smallness" of the rooms. I am very, very, very clausterphobic. Did I spell that right? Anyways. Still thinking!

Ooh, that's a tough choice! How many nights are you there? Have you considered splitting your stay between the two?

I would have to go for POR, but I really love the All Stars, too! I think POR is worth the extra $, though. It *is* a bit further of a walk to your room, however, if this is a concern with getting your DD back to the room after a long day at the parks.

The pictures on either the DIS, wdwig.com, or ourlaughingplace.com can give you a pretty good idea of the room sizes. The AS rooms *are* smaller, but I dont find it to be a huge difference.

I've stayed at both, and even tho AS seems economically sound, it's a little wild sometimes. We went to disney in 97 and had 4 kids w/ us (total party of 13) 6,4,3 and a 9mo old. the three older kids and all the adults had an absolute blast at POR. we loved the main pool, the kids especially loved the slide, and they also enjoyed the boat ride to DD. in 2000 we stayed at AS, and my sister was 10, and we enjoyed it but there was cheerleaders running all over the place and the pools were extremely crowded..at POR we had a quiet pool just outside our door and it was pretty much perfect. we could come home from the parks and take a dip in the pool, and the kids could be a little more rambunctious and have more room to move around. so you might be spending a little more money, but you just might be a lot more comfortable. just a suggestion!

Price difference 4/27 to July current specials as low as $20 per night - for the three of you and since it is DH first trip onsite, I would go with the POR

Thanks
Jason

Thanks for the suggestions!

As you can tell it did not take me long to change my mind! I got excited about the $ savings. But, when I looked at the OVERALL advantages of the POR I decided that the savings were probably not worth it.

I will be at WDW from June 30th-July 5th (5 nights). I hope to see some DISers while I am there.

Again thanks for all the info!!!
Angel:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

I have to tell you that the extra $110.00 is worth it! Stay at the POR. At the AS's the rooms are a lot smaller plus it is crazy over there. Much louder than any other resort on disney property. The last time I stayed there I didn't get any sleep at all (kids running up and down halls all night - in and out of the pool-crazy).

Trust me on this one, Stay at the POR - especially if your DH is anything like mine and kinda goes nuts with a lot of chaos... Plus it is closer to everything than the AS.

Save your vacation - not money :cool: :cool: :cool:

Just to agree-the POR are well worth the added cost. And I'm such a cheapskate, I thought saving money was sooo important. I switched from POR to ASMusic one trip. Never again!

BTW, as soon as I saw the "y'all" in your post, I figured you were from Texas! I'm not a native, but DS is and he says that all the time!

I would like to say thanks again. I was having a bit of a crazy moment. I even had nightmares of children keeping me up all night and not being able to enjoy Disney because I was too tired. LOL

I now know that the extra money is going to be an advantage in the long run.

Simba's Mom, that was too funny that you knew from my post that I'm a Texan. This will be my first time driving from Texas to Florida, so wish me luck.

Thanks again!
Angel

1976 - Contemporary
1993 - Radisson Resort
1994 - Dixie Landings

:bounce: 2003 - POR :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter