Help! My Daughter Invited To Party

SandyinMonterey

DIS Veteran
My daughter has been invited to a Bar Mitzvah, actually B’Nai Mitzvah(twin boys). She only knows one of the boys & only since the beginning of school year. Can someone help with these questions (please): 1. What should she wear? Temple service is @ 10:30 am & then kiddush luncheon & celebration follows @ our homeowners association clubhouse. There is no mention of attire on invitation. I understand supposed to dress modest, but would a sleeveless dress be okay? Looking in line @ dresses, practically all sleeveless. I researched temple & says it’s reformed. 2. Gift? Have no idea. Should she get 2 gifts (0ne for each brother) even though she only knows one? 3. Should she attend temple or is it really for family? TIA!

Its a very big deal in the Jewish faith...
And is usually celebrated with a large party.
Shoulders should be covered, especially in Temple. Maybe a sweater to match the dress? And yes, she is welcome at Temple, I'm assuming other classmates will be there as well.
It would be polite to buy 2 gifts, but not necessary. It's easy to give cash, chai is $18.00, and cash in a card is fine. If you wish to give more do multiples of $18.00.
I hope this helps.

A sleeveless dress is fine for a preteen/early teenage girl in a reform temple provided that it's a "lasagna strap" dress and not a "spaghetti strap" dress and no cleavage is showing (I know she's probably only 13, but some 13 year old girls are rather developed). A light cardigan might be nice just because it can be cold. It would be expected that she attend temple and then the reception. I think it's fine just to gift to the boy that she actually knows, and agree with cash or gift card in multiples of $18.

Its a very big deal in the Jewish faith...
And is usually celebrated with a large party.
Shoulders should be covered, especially in Temple. Maybe a sweater to match the dress? And yes, she is welcome at Temple, I'm assuming other classmates will be there as well.
It would be polite to buy 2 gifts, but not necessary. It's easy to give cash, chai is $18.00, and cash in a card is fine. If you wish to give more do multiples of $18.00.
I hope this helps.
Thank you for the help. It’s greatly appreciated. She will go to Temple with some of her friends that have also been invited.

A sleeveless dress is fine for a preteen/early teenage girl in a reform temple provided that it's a "lasagna strap" dress and not a "spaghetti strap" dress and no cleavage is showing (I know she's probably only 13, but some 13 year old girls are rather developed). A light cardigan might be nice just because it can be cold. It would be expected that she attend temple and then the reception. I think it's fine just to gift to the boy that she actually knows, and agree with cash or gift card in multiples of $18.
She’s 13, a young 13. I’m relieved about the sleeveless dress option because most of the dresses available are sleeveless. Thank you for the help.

Have her check with her friends as to who is going. Here unless they provide a bus or the party is in the same place the friends don’t attend

I hate the twin party thing. Lol. Makes things more complicated. Here a standard gift from a kid is $54. But if she doesn’t know both I can see not wanting to x2 that. I would be inclined to do the $36 for each or $54 for the one she is friends with.

This post is heartwarming. To the original poster , so glad you asked the question. To those who answered I'm grateful for your kindness.
I hope you daughter has a wonderful time and enjoys this tradition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!