• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

help me get to Peru this fall!

pellmel

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

I don't really post and I'm definitely new to this Adventures by Disney area but I'm a huge Disney fan, AP holder, and I even got married in Disney World :bride:

So I need your help to convince my husband that we NEED to go on the Peru trip this fall (one of the adults ones). Our five year wedding anniversary is Sept 18 so I think the Sept 22 trip would be perfect!

Some more about us: i'm 29, he's 30, we don't have kids yet but we're planning to start a family next year. I want to take one big fabulous trip before babies :)

I've read almost all of the posts about the trip (and even printed them out for him to read). But if you were on the fence about going and then decided to go and LOVED it please let me (and him) know why!!!

Thanks in advance for your help!! :yay:

-pellmel (Melanie)

Not sure it'll help, but I have an older trip report from our first trip. It's all over the 'net -- just search on "dotti" and "adventures by disney" and it'll come up on multiple fan sites. My husband started out with "You must be kidding me!!" when he looked at the price, but we've booked three since. I didn't have to bribe him the same way I did for more DVC points (we won't go there...); he was just totally sold after that first trip!

Of course, bribing may not be a bad idea either... ;)

Dotti

thanks for the help! glad to know my husband isn't the only one freaked by the price. it just seems so worth it to me. i'm almost up to bribing :laughing: i just have my heart set on this trip! thanks for the help and i'll definitely check out your trip report!

peru abd = best trip we've ever taken. we'd do the exact same adventure over again - it was that great.

and we found it very romantic, even with a kid along, so it would be a great anniversary trip.

In addition to Dotti's trip report you should also have your husband read others trip reports from other trips to different destinations. That way he can see that it wasn't a fluke and that people who go on these trips estatic when they come back. There are a bunch of reports on this site I know sayhello has one on southwest splendors and there are others.

We are going on the exact trip you mention, the September 22 adults only, along with my partner's parents. There's another couple on this board who are also going.

We went last year on the Southwest Splendors trip (also adults only) that goes to Sedona, Grand Canyon, and Moab. As I said then, I've been to some pretty fantastic places around the world, but that was pretty close the the best vacation ever.

Is your husband concerned about waking up with Goofy? My partner, not a Disney fanatic, didn't want to travel with Mickey. Rest assured, as others will say on this forum, there are no characters or anything else that's going to make you feel like you're in Orlando not Cuzco. What is "Disney" about the trip is the attention to details that really make a difference in your ability to enjoy the trip without thinking about little things.

As for the destination itself, well, that's the entire point! To be convincing here, you might want to get the DK Eyewitness guide for Peru which has beautiful pictures and text that describe the country, history, and attractions. Macchu Picchu is one of those places you must see before you die.

Good luck on your quest! Hope we see you in Lima come September.

One word "Pisco". Then there is the Cuy..

We are the other folks on the sept 22 adults only trip. Our research all sounds good to us.

Really looking forward to it. WOuld love to have ya aboard or along..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter