• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help me decide. MNSSHP or not

Kendallkat2

A "DVCHV" Member
We will be in Disney October 16th to 22nd. :)

Can't decide if we should go to MNSSHP or not. It's just my husband and myself that would be going, no children. Are we really missing anything that special? Is it just the characters walking around in Halloween costumes? I know the fireworks are extra special but Wishes is enough for us. I know the parade is extra special but we aren't much into parades. The Halloween season has never been anything special to us.

We have been to MVMCP and enjoyed it, but I love Christmas in Disney so that's probably the reason I really liked it. I thought there wasn't really anything that special to rectify the extra cost.

We both have annual passes, so getting into the park for $29.95 isn't any bargain for us. :rolleyes:

Thanks, Beth

I'd do it just to see the park all decorated and the parade. I'm actually planning on going next October.

yes the parade is GREAT!!! - so be sure to watch it - it is different for the Halloween party....

the decorations are different

and I enjoyed having my fortune told .....

now the lady was pretty far wrong - but it was fun!!!

you don't have to be a kid to appreciate Halloween!!!

you gotta go to the Haunted Mansion....

This is what worries me, I hate to be scrared! You should have seen me when I went in Alien Encounter, they practically had to carry me out!

What do they do special in the Haunted Mansion?

Beth

I'll be there for the first time during MNSSHP, and I'm looking forward to the party. When in doubt, try it once. Better to have tried it and decided once was enough than to wish you had gone.

GO!

I went for the first time last year. I wish I was going to be there again this year. Don't miss the parade and be sure to be in your spot along the parade route at least 10 minutes early for the headless horseman.

They don't "do" anything special at the Haunted Mansion for MNSSHP. If you can handle it at 2:00PM on a sunny day, only difference at MNSSHP is perhaps the outside lighting and I'm not even sure about that.

Deb

I would honestly have to say I dont think you would like it.:( If you arent into Halloween then there is really no reason for you to go! no, there isnt anything scary at MNSSHP. I LOVE Halloween and we plan our vacations around it!! we went to MNSSHP last year and although it was very cute, i felt kind of lost! :( we did a few rides and watched the parade and fireworks, and that was it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter