Help me choose-BC or GF?

Runnergal

Mouseketeer
Four night stay in early May with my two youngest dc-boys ages 5 and 6. I was originally booked at Poly(kids' choice), but when I had to change the dates they no longer had availability. Both rooms are garden view. I like that BC rooms are all in one building, but I'm traveling solo and am concerned about watching dc at pool. GF looks lovely, but worried that "outer building" means we will be far from everything. Also afraid boys won't like it.
Any insight/experiences appreciated!

Both are great hotels. And I'm curious what others with kids that age will say due to the walking vs monorail aspect. Putting aside if they'll mind walking to Epcot, I'd definitely choose BC for it's theme (better suited for young boys i think), it's pool (although the fun pool at GF isn't shabby!), and the fact that if it's pouring down rain you can access the lobby etc without going outside. Plus, I'd think you'd save some money on the nightly rate at BC and you can either save this for other fun activities, souvenirs, or put it toward the next WDW vacation fund! I'll add that it seems your gut instinct is to stay at GF, at least at the time you wrote the OP. If that holds true, I'd stick with your instinct. Only you know your fam and situation the best.

Both are great choices, but GF is our fav. It’s a small resort so no building is far away. And at GF standard/garden room views include pool and marina views. We adore the buildings around the Courtyard pool, Boca Chica and Big Pine Key.
Both pools are zero entry and they have a really fun Alice in Wonderland themed splash pad.
You can’t beat watching MK fireworks and Electric Water Parade from the resort and seeing the Castle. It’s magical.

We love the EPCOT area. There are so many more activities. We love the nightlife on the BW - there are magicians, mimes, etc. and just a walk around water to get there. But the real decision maker would be which park you will be going to most often since you will be alone - then think about how long it will take you to get to the parks? The GF is just not on the top of our hotels in the MK area - probably last with the WL before it. But you will enjoy either hotel.

Oh gosh that is a tricky choice! its got me all worried thinking about myself it would send me potty!
Just because of the location and the magic factor, I'd have to say GF - That magic of being in the loop would just tip it for me :-)

Four night stay in early May with my two youngest dc-boys ages 5 and 6. I was originally booked at Poly(kids' choice), but when I had to change the dates they no longer had availability. Both rooms are garden view. I like that BC rooms are all in one building, but I'm traveling solo and am concerned about watching dc at pool. GF looks lovely, but worried that "outer building" means we will be far from everything. Also afraid boys won't like it.

We've stayed at both with DS and he has liked them both, though, I would say his preference is to be in the EP area. That being said, he has only been down the slide at BC with heavy adult supervision (meaning, I would be RIGHT behind him and when DH is with us, he's at the bottom of the pool waiting). I think with 2 young children, doing the big slide at BC would be tough. You could, however, focus your pool time in the shallower, sand-bottomed "children's" pool or the smaller pool with smaller slide behind the Flying Jib. If you think they would be happy with those choices, it could be doable. Is BWI available, by chance? That is a much easier pool to navigate with children their age. You can even see them the whole time they are walking up to the slide and going down.

GF, on the other hand, will offer you a zero entry pool and a children's splash area which they may enjoy. The outer buildings are not far from the main areas of the resort at all. In fact, BC is vast and many of the rooms can be far from the lobby (though, yes, it is all under one roof). As I mentioned, DS has enjoyed GF very much. If you think it will be easier to navigate with the two kids at GF, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there.

Both are great choices, but GF is our fav. It’s a small resort so no building is far away. And at GF standard/garden room views include pool and marina views. We adore the buildings around the Courtyard pool, Boca Chica and Big Pine Key.
Both pools are zero entry and they have a really fun Alice in Wonderland themed splash pad.
You can’t beat watching MK fireworks and Electric Water Parade from the resort and seeing the Castle. It’s magical.

I agree. Both resorts are nice, but the GF is our favorite between the two. We had a nice stay at the BC, but we prefer the MK area and being near the castle. As Sue stated above, the GF is just magical :wizard:.

:thumbsup2 For all the above reasons, I'd pick GF for 5 and 6 yr olds; especially with one adult. Much more manageable pools.

Plus, you have the monorail, and all the monorail resorts, on your doorstep, as well as the boat from CR over to FW/WL.

Better QS at GF, too, without having to go all the way round the BW or into Epcot with two little ones.

GF is amazing! I’m currently booked at BCV—-cheaper—-but will probably switch to GFV by the end of the weekend just because it is so nice. GF rooms have full balconies while BC rooms may have tiny “Juliet” balconies. The GF outer building thing is no big deal because GF has the fewest rooms of the deluxes, so everything is within comfortable walking distance to everything else. And who could resist walking such beautiful grounds anyway? The landscaping at the GF is gorgeous! With two young kids, you will find the transportation options excellent, especially if you spend a lot of time at MK. The pools are really lovely and, unlike SAB at BC, you can see your child at all times, which is a big advantage. All of the restaurants are great. 1900 Park Fare is a lot of fun. The view of the EWP and the fireworks from the dock is incredible. The lobby at the GF is stunning, but totally child friendly. No one will look twice if your kids do the sort of silly things that kids tend to do. As for CMs, although we found the CMs at BC very friendly and efficient, if you add up all the pixie dust we’ve ever received at WDW, about 80% of it was at the GF. Finally, if your kids are wilting from the heat, taking the boat or monorail back from MK, taking a nap or going for a swim and then returning to MK could not be easier.

We like both resorts but with your situation I would pick GF. None of the buildings are very far away. You can make a request to be close to the lobby. Big Pine Key would put you close to the lobby and right next to the courtyard pool. It is also the closest building to the villas pool and children’s splash pad. :)

I did both those resorts solo with my dd. You will be more than happy with either resort. I would say that the plus of GF is the QS food options are way better than BC. This is important when travelling solo with small kids! The downside of GF is it’s only easy to get to MK. Epcot is kind of a hike and then the rest of your options are buses. BC is really easy to go back and forth from HS and Epcot - which makes it really easy to enjoy the pool during the afternoon.

I was really nervous navigating stormalong bay with my dd when she was 4 - but it ended up being fine. She was far more interested in playing in the sand then the slide so it was easy. The downside is that she never wants to leave the pool. I mean Stormalong bay is pretty darn awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter