• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help - lens cover won't open

gilld

<font color=deeppink>Will just have the butler ope
My Fuji Finepix F401 Zoom has been fantastic - had it 3 years and it has produced great photographs.

On Christmas Day, after taking a couple of shots, the lens cover refused to open. I can slide it out of the way by hand but the zoom doesn't extend and I get a message saying lens cover and so the button to take the photo won't depress. I have recharged it.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you.

Uhhh... that sounds broken. Sorry.

But, the good news is that now you are completely justified in buying a new camera. I mean, what choice do you have?!??! It's like totally out of your hands!

I'll have to try that with my wife and see if it works.

I had a problem with my Canon S1 IS where the lens wouldn't retract, and there was like a E4 message on the screen, I scoured the manual, and I was all panicky because this was day 2 of my first trip with it, and I was scared I had broken it already.

DH called Canon support and after 20 minutes of him asking if there was a way to force a reset, and them saying, 'your going to need to send it in." They finally told him how I might reset the camera. They said to take out the card and batteries, and then hold the on button down for 5 seconds. Well, that did the trick. I don't know if your camera has something like that, and it might be an ordeal to get what you need to know out of the service department.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter