Help, I'm double booked and need help choosing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncmickeyluvr

<font color=darkorchid>darn. I really like being r
I'm sorry!! I NEVER double book. I'm sure the Disney Gods are going to curse me forever for commiting this unforgiveable sin! :rotfl: But I just can't choose which to cancell!!

I booked Le Cellier a few days ago. It's a Friday at 4:05 pm. Not in love with the time but it's Le Cellier...what can you do? So I was going over the ADR's with dh and he said.." I know you love LC but I was wanting to try something new. Maybe Akershus for dinner?" So I went online this afternoon and found a 5:25 for the same Friday. Now I'm double booked :scared1:

Which would you ditch? Everyone likes Le Cellier but it's a particular fav of mine. DS will eat anything. He's roll his eyes at the princesses but he's easy going. DD is not a super pickey eater but likes things on the plain side. However, she would like to see the Princesses.

FYI we tend to be a bit character meal heavy.
Our other ADR's are: Biergarten -dinner
Ohana-dinner
1900 Park Fare- breakfast
Chef Mickey's -breakfast
Crystal Palace -breakfast

I would never skip LeCellier for Akershus.
I am not a huge 'must eat at LeCellier every trip' person...but the food at Akershus was not that great. Our kids were fine with the food there (typical kids meal things), but DH and I were underwhelmed by the food.
If we return to Akershus, it will be for breakfast.
If you want to take a break from character meals, I would choose Coral Reef, Tutto or Teppan Edo.
:)

If you're looking for an alternative to LC, what about Chefs or Tutto or even Rose and Crown? I just can't imagine dumping Le Cellier for Akershus. The only reason we've gone to Akershus is for the princesses. They were GREAT, while the food was meh.

I understand your concern with the timing, because 4:05 is super early for dinner. But considering you have a bunch of character meals already scheduled, Akershus is probably unnecessary. I admit I don't love Le Cellier as much as everybody else seems to, but it seems like the best option in this situation.

I wouldn't give up Le Cellier for the other. 4:05 isn't that bad, yes it is a bit early, but for us it would be good.

How I would look at it is like this.....early dinner leaves room for a late night snack.
Make it fun, get everyone envolved and pick something cool.

That changes it up a bit and besides where on earth is better to have a late night snack than Disney???? :cloud9:

I agree with what everyone else has said. While the princesses are fun, the food was not memorable at all. Honestly, I can not even remember what I ate, and I am a foodie so that is saying quite a bit. While I can tell exactly what I got at LC and I enjoyed it very much.

Also, you arn't eating right at 4:05 if you go to Le Cellier. You can always take the meal a little slow and not have your main meal til close to 5.

Now, I may be wrong, but isn't LeC open all day? I ask because many people complain about the wait. I know this was the only ADR I had to wait for last summer. If this is the case, 4:05 at LeC isn't 4:05.

I would keep LeCelier so you'll have at least one meal on your trip where you'll order off a menu.

I also agree that the 4:05 time isn't as bad as it sounds. I had 2 early dinners in December and they were not bad.

I would keep LeCelier so you'll have at least one meal on your trip where you'll order off a menu.

I also agree that the 4:05 time isn't as bad as it sounds. I had 2 early dinners in December and they were not bad.

You order off the menu at Akershus too. It's just that the menu is not as appealing!

My family agrees with everyone else so fare, stick with Le Cellier! The princesses may be good, but the food not so much. We loved the food at Le Cellier and I think you will be able to see the princesses elsewhere. Or you could try breakfast there instead. Good luck.:banana:

We are booked for lunch because that is the only time that was available while we are there...we are booked from Aug. 13 - 23! So we are going for our sit down meal at 1:25pm at Le Cellier. I have actually found it hard to book ADR, everything is already booked! You live and learn, this is our 3 time going to WDW...last year we didn't realize that you had to make reservations in advance and we ended up having to use our sit down meals as quick service because everything was booked. :sad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter