Help fun dining Disney sweet 16 (4teens party of 7)

alldiz

DIS Veteran
Hi,
We are bringing 3 of DD’s friends to Wdw instead of a sweet 16.

We are 3 adults and 4 teen girls.
Can’t believe finally here. We have Dvc and booked WL and I am waiting for 7 mth mark (thanksgiving)to change to BLT.
Dining 180 mark is Christmas Day, I know talk about easy holiday s to remember booking window lol.

So I need some fun dining ideas.
We will definitely do chef Mickey and probably whispering canyon.

Help!!
Thanks
Kerri

When my kids were teens they loved:

Cape May Seafood Buffet
Teppan Edo
Biergarden
T-Rex
Rose and Crown
Sci-Fi

Sounds like a fun sweet sixteen trip!

My teen girl likes Sci Fi Diner, Teppan Edo, Rainforest Cafe, Be Our Guest(lunch) and Ohana(dinner). I know there is a lot of bad reviews for Chef Mickeys so we have never gone there.

We tool eight of our son's friends for a post HS graduation trip. The only meal we planned together was breakfast at Chef Mickey's and I bought them all Mickey Graduation Ears to wear. One of the girls said afterwards she thought it was not going to be that much fun, but she loved it. They did House of Blues and Rainforest Café together.

My teen likes Teppan Edo, 50s Prime Time, Biergarten, and Tokyo Dining at night to watch Illuminations.
Yes Biergarten is fun! My dad does love 50’s prime time.
When my kids were teens they loved:

Cape May Seafood Buffet
Teppan Edo
Biergarden
T-Rex
Rose and Crown
Sci-Fi

Sounds like a fun sweet sixteen trip!
Thanks can’t believe we have never eaten at rose and crown. That might be nice for illuminations
My teen girl likes Sci Fi Diner, Teppan Edo, Rainforest Cafe, Be Our Guest(lunch) and Ohana(dinner). I know there is a lot of bad reviews for Chef Mickeys so we have never gone there.
I hope to snag be our guest dinner.
We tool eight of our son's friends for a post HS graduation trip. The only meal we planned together was breakfast at Chef Mickey's and I bought them all Mickey Graduation Ears to wear. One of the girls said afterwards she thought it was not going to be that much fun, but she loved it. They did House of Blues and Rainforest Café together.
Would love to try house of blues.

I definitely want to do hibachi Teppan, I don’t think it is on tables of wonderland so I was really bummed about that!
Thanks everyone :-)
Kerri

Just took 14 yr old DD, still loves Sci-Fi and BOG(lunch). Also wanted to do new Bon Voyage brft, mostly to meet Flynn, since you don't see him in the parks(who by the way looked like a guy from high school who would be the bad boy all the girls are in love with:lovestruc - DD said he was perfectly in character from the movie) - got an ADR the nt before so changed GG brft. 1900PF dinner with stepsisters is very fun as well. Definitely do Gaston M&G if they are into it - DD had a lot of fun with it - he is so in character!! If so, try to get in line for first meet - he starts at 10 by his tavern, good to line up early. Have fun!

My daughter is planning hew Sweet 16 at Disney World and she requested Tusker (breakfast), Teppan Edo and Raglan Road. She also can't wait for Columbia Harbor House as that is her favorite QS. I have no desire to return to Chef Mickey's for dinner it was disgusting, but I would consider breakfast I guess. I think that Whispering Canyon could be fun too.

Just took 14 yr old DD, still loves Sci-Fi and BOG(lunch). Also wanted to do new Bon Voyage brft, mostly to meet Flynn, since you don't see him in the parks(who by the way looked like a guy from high school who would be the bad boy all the girls are in love with:lovestruc - DD said he was perfectly in character from the movie) - got an ADR the nt before so changed GG brft. 1900PF dinner with stepsisters is very fun as well. Definitely do Gaston M&G if they are into it - DD had a lot of fun with it - he is so in character!! If so, try to get in line for first meet - he starts at 10 by his tavern, good to line up early. Have fun!
That sounds like fun!!!
How many can fit in sci FI car we are 7. 4 teen girls and 3 adults?
We will be celebrating a sweet 16 this trip and her request was Teppan Edo.

Ok I am caving and I have to do Teppan Edo. My DD loves hibachi and how can I not. I just read they take AP discount at lunch.
Is this true for hibachi?
Anyone
thanks
Kerri

My daughter is planning hew Sweet 16 at Disney World and she requested Tusker (breakfast), Teppan Edo and Raglan Road. She also can't wait for Columbia Harbor House as that is her favorite QS. I have no desire to return to Chef Mickey's for dinner it was disgusting, but I would consider breakfast I guess. I think that Whispering Canyon could be fun too.

Yes we are doing breakfast at chef Mickey. Dinner was terrible. But we surprisingly had the best Easter brunch there once. Amazing baby lamb chops! Actually ate my food worth with that! We love chef Mickey for th character interaction and Mickey waffle. I have heard good things on Tusker. Do they have Mickey waffles? And multiple characters like chef Mickey?
Haven’t done whispering canyon in a while but tons of ketchup and vase like ice water should entertain them..
Raglan road. Yes that is added to list thanks to you and other PP,s
Keep em coming:-)
Thanks
Kerri

For 4 teenage girls Whispering Canyon for the neverending milkshakes, 50's if you can get a server who is really into it. 1900 for breakfast is cool. And my 17 year old daughter is making me get a reservation for the Bon Voyage Breakfast.

That sounds like fun!!!
How many can fit in sci FI car we are 7. 4 teen girls and 3 adults?

Normal cars can seat 6(3 rows of 2). You could make 2 ADRs( for 4 and 3 so teens sit together) at about the same time (using another person's MDE who will be there), and ask when check in to be next to each other, knowing you might wait a little. There are also larger tables that are set within the front and back of car - I know we sat there our first time with 6, but not sure how many they hold. But the regular cars are more fun I think. Maybe you could call after you have the ADRs and see if they can be linked/noted that they go together.

Ok I am caving and I have to do Teppan Edo. My DD loves hibachi and how can I not. I just read they take AP discount at lunch.
Is this true for hibachi?
Anyone
thanks
Kerri

For 4 teenage girls Whispering Canyon for the neverending milkshakes, 50's if you can get a server who is really into it. 1900 for breakfast is cool. And my 17 year old daughter is making me get a reservation for the Bon Voyage Breakfast.
Ok I am out of loop. All new restaurants downtown Disney. So many new rides....
What is bon voyage breakfast?
Thanks
Kerri

Thanks
Kerri
The Bon Voyage Breakfast is at Trattoria al Forno at the Boardwalk. It is a character breakfast that includes Rapunzel And Flynn and Ariel and her other half. At 17 my daughter still thinks Rapunzel is the best Disney movie ever.

The Bon Voyage Breakfast is at Trattoria al Forno at the Boardwalk. It is a character breakfast that includes Rapunzel And Flynn and Ariel and her other half. At 17 my daughter still thinks Rapunzel is the best Disney movie ever.
Omg how did this slip by me!!!
Kerri

Thanks
Kerri

Yes, this is the one I mentioned above w/Flynn - DD loved it! Just started last spring - Ariel, Eric, Rapunzel, and Flynn as PP mentioned - they do not appear as couples(DD did catch a shot of Ariel and Eric holding hands walking out together for a break as we were leaving!) DD loved Flynn and Rapunzel - said they were very in character. Harder to get as only brft with them - we planned late so could not do 180 days out. We got lucky with an 8:00 the night before(only a party of 2) and walked right in to Epcot after to do Frozen ride first thing.

Did the bon voyage breakfast this summer! Flynn Rider was amazing! Would definitely be a hit with teen girls. I think it was a highlight of the trip for my 17-year old cousin. He was very "smolder"-y.

Yes, this is the one I mentioned above w/Flynn - DD loved it! Just started last spring - Ariel, Eric, Rapunzel, and Flynn as PP mentioned - they do not appear as couples(DD did catch a shot of Ariel and Eric holding hands walking out together for a break as we were leaving!) DD loved Flynn and Rapunzel - said they were very in character. Harder to get as only brft with them - we planned late so could not do 180 days out. We got lucky with an 8:00 the night before(only a party of 2) and walked right in to Epcot after to do Frozen ride first thing.

I will have to try for this sounds fun.

Also anyone have ideas on a signature experience like a dessert party etc?
Might have to start new thread in that one ...
Thanks
Kerri

My teenaged girls liked Akershus breakfast (perhaps a little of that was nostalgia), Garden Grill dinners, and Ohana breakfast (Stitch!). They also enjoyed Yak and Yeti and Sanaa. Sanaa is a great choice at night because it's fun to see the animals at dusk and AKL has a lot going on.

Tusker house does have Mickey waffles and I love it there--if you can get a 10:30 a.m. reservation, you can have breakfast and lunch. Character interaction (see my pic to the right) is great. The characters are so cute in their safari clothes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter