Help find a couple affordable things to do in Orlando

4leobeans

Mouseketeer
We are coming down at the end of November for a week at Disney.

Flights out of Winnipeg were absurdly expensive for a Saturday arrival, so we are actually aariving on Thanksgiving. We will stay two days (somewhere), and then move to DW on Saturday.

We are arriving around lunchtime on Thursday, and have basically two days to hang around.
I've rented a car, and our plans so far are, get groceries........

I was thinking we'd go to Wonderworks, because currently, we are booked to stay in I-drive.

I was also thinking we would try Medieval Times (a friend just went, and mentioned she used a groupon...what, I never am that lucky!)

We have a 4 yo boy and 7 and 9 yo girls.

We are coming from Canada, so the cost is a big factor for us (the exchange is about 30% extra)

Thanks for the suggestions!

I second Gatorland. It's a fun inexpensive (more ole time Florida attraction) that only take about three hours to do. We'll be hitting this on our upcoming mini trip Nov. 10-14.

SeaLife Aquarium
Orlando Eye (Big Ferris Wheel)
Ripley's Believe It Or Not
WonderWorks
Gatorland
There's also many miniature golf courses and arcades around town as well

I thought my girls would enjoy the Crayola Experience at the Florida Mall. Tickets are $20pp. However, being 16 and 14, they saw the website and weren't interested, much to my disappointment because I think I would LOVE it here!! Search YouTube videos for reviews on the crayola experience. I definitely would go if my girls were younger!

The hotel Christmas decorations should be up by then. I'd do a tour of the deluxe hotels - free. I especially like Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, Beach Club and Animal Kingdom.

Make sure to take the kids to Ginthers Swirls for ice cream. It is on International drive south of Seaworld. They have inexpensive but tasty soft serve. A huge banana split costs less than $5.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

I somehow didn't realize it was a Thanksgiving the day we arrive, and certainly hoping we can find things that are open. Good to know about grocery stores being closed.

Gah, so many options! I've booking a couple hotels already, and I'm still searching .

We will likely try and hit a Disney store when we arrive, and maybe some swimming. I will check out these suggestions and run them by the family

Check Groupon, they usually have decent discounts on stuff to do like WonderWorks, the aquarium on I Drive, etc. There's an indoor skydiving right next to WonderWorks also. Not sure of the cost. Gaylord Palms should have ICE up and running by then?

I would avoid the outlet malls like the plague on the day after Thanksgiving though... :)

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

I somehow didn't realize it was a Thanksgiving the day we arrive, and certainly hoping we can find things that are open. Good to know about grocery stores being closed.

Gah, so many options! I've booking a couple hotels already, and I'm still searching .

We will likely try and hit a Disney store when we arrive, and maybe some swimming. I will check out these suggestions and run them by the family

Some of the grocery stores are open on Thanksgiving or at least the hours are shortened. You can always find a Wal-Mart, I'm pretty sure they're open on Thanksgiving.

I would just pay a little more for a hotel, maybe Orange Lake, Tiki Liki, or Sheraton Vistana and then spend a couple days just using the resort amenities. Would probably work out to be much cheaper than staying at a no frills motel and trying to fill up your days with activities.

I would consider SeaWorld even though it's paid admission. If you order online you can get all day dining included for $99/adult.

Grand Floridian Resort is absolutely beautiful for the holidays. There's a life size ginger bread house in the lobby. There is a pianist doing holiday tunes. Also, a mini orchestra in the balcony doing Christmas tunes. Santa Claus will be available at certain times. If you catch the right night you can view the Magic Kingdom fireworks at the boat dock there.

I luv gatorland, It's cheesy tourist trap but alotta fun, the airboat ride is great too..the mini golf is good around there, we liked them better than the disney ones..

There's some fun miniature golf course, both on and off property. Also, Disney Springs has plenty to do...

Check groupon for deals, last minute stuff pops up.

The Crayola Experience, at the Florida Mall you could spend a few hours here, and then shop around...

Spend the day at Disney Springs, go to a movie and/or bowling...Lots to see and do down there.

On a side bar, you realize that with thanksgiving comes, black Friday and all that goes with it...Chaos

Happy Thanksgiving..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter