Help Deciding--Dream 7668, 6572, 6600 or 6588?

SamiL

Mouseketeer
First time cruiser having trouble choosing a family veranda room. This is a three night cruise in October.

We are two adults, 12 year old DS and 22 month old DD at time of cruise.

My choices:

7668 is a Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah. $2886
Aft, review said some docking noise.

6572 is a Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah $2918
Midship, no noise mentioned. Just above the kids clubs, which we will likely frequent.

6600 and 6588 are both midship Deluxe Family Oceanview Staterooms with Verandahs $3050 for either

I started out thinking we'd go with 7668. But for a little more we can move to 6572, which is midship and down a level, so we might get less motion and noise. It's also one level up from the kids clubs, so we could theoretically use the stairs to get to them if the elevators are busy.

But then I started thinking. We're using Dreams Unlimited, so if we book a cruise that is $3,000 or more we can get $50 more in onboard credits. So that makes 6600 or 6588, not that much more. We'd be midship, on deck 6 and we'd presumably have a little more space.

But are 6600 or 6588 that much bigger than 6572? Is it worth it? Those particular family rooms don't look that much bigger than the regular verandah rooms in the photos I've seen. But I've never seen ANY stateroom in person.

Of couse we could move all the way up to deck 9 and get 9078 for $3086. It has the murphy bed, so it is defintily bigger. But I don't think we need that extra bed. Unless DD refuses to sleep in a pack and play and kicks DH out of the big bed and he ends up sleeping there, which could actually happen.

I would really appreciate advice or information from those of you with more experience. Maybe some of you have seen or stayed in these rooms. Thank you in advance for your help. Sorry about the typing. I'm baby-wrangling while I post.

Last edited:
It looks like 7668 is a navigator’s verandah, which means it’s more enclosed. I’d do one of the other rooms, I think any of those choices are probably fine. If it was me I’d probably end up choosing the most expensive, lol. Oh and FYI, you should skip the PnP for your daughter. They can put a safety rail on the couch bed. We did that with my 18 month old and it worked great. The PnP will take up ALL of the available floor space in a regular verandah room, so if you’re really sure you want to go with the PnP, you’ll be more comfortable in the bigger rooms.

It looks like 7668 is a navigator’s verandah, which means it’s more enclosed. I’d do one of the other rooms, I think any of those choices are probably fine. If it was me I’d probably end up choosing the most expensive, lol. Oh and FYI, you should skip the PnP for your daughter. They can put a safety rail on the couch bed. We did that with my 18 month old and it worked great. The PnP will take up ALL of the available floor space in a regular verandah room, so if you’re really sure you want to go with the PnP, you’ll be more comfortable in the bigger rooms.

Thank you! I wasn't sure if she'd be old enough to be allowed to use the bed rail. That helps SO MUCH!

We stayed in 6572 and loved it!! We liked it so much that we booked the rooms directly above it for the next cruise that we took. Being midship was great and the convenience of being right off the elevator/stairs was so nice, especially with a little one! I was worried that we’d have lots of noise, but we never had an issue!! I don’t know anything about the other rooms that you mentioned, so I can’t help with the comparison. I would definitely recommend paying the extra for the veranda! We were even able to see the pirate night fireworks from it.

I think 6572 would be an excellent choice for your family if you want to save a little cash and get your initial cruise experience. Midship is an awesome place to be! Close proximity to the stairs is also great at those high volume times like your pointed out. I know for us on quite a few cruises we had a verandah room and barely used the verandah at all. So that definitely hurts when seeing how much extra we paid for it. However one thing that is most loved by our family about the verandahs are their use in the morning. Mom and Dad can have coffee and pastries delivered and enjoy that on the balcony without waking the kids up. It is a very peaceful part of the cruise experience now!! We use our verandahs to the fullest on our sailings now, but on our first few there was so much to do and see that we were barely in our rooms! Now we skip the deck parties and watch sailing away from our verandah. We also love watching the ship dock in ports from the verandah.

I would just think a bit about where you are most likely to spend your time and choose from that! You're guaranteed to have a great time regardless!!

I would spend a little more and go with the Deluxe Family with Verandah for the extra space. We stay with 4 in a room…granted, mine are much older than yours, but last year we got a regular room and it was very noticeable. We were tripping over luggage constantly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter