Hawai’i 10 Night Cruise to Vancouver

Paid the deposit on our hold last night.

Assuming we don't sail in 2019, this will be our 6th DCL sailing and first on the wonder. Also first time to Hawaii for myself and the kids. We will go in early and spend some time on either Maui or Oahu.

Kids will be 20 (she is super annoyed this is 2 weeks before her 21st bday, lol), 12, 10, 4.

This worked out great as we were planning Hawaii for our next big trip anyways. Whoohoo!
Your 10 & 12 year old boys are around my son's age (will be 11 on the cruise) - I know he is looking forward to checking out the Edge :)
We have also started thinking about Hawaii in 2020 - was going to do split stay with Aluani (and not sure where else) but now booked this cruise and hope to do 2 nights at Aluani beforehand.
We have been on 5 Disney cruises (and one Royal), have 6th Disney booked to Alaska next August as well... but I have to say Hawaii has been on my radar for years!

You are going to Love Alaska - so far it is my favorite cruise. I had another one booked for 2019 but had to let it go for this one. Our favorite excursion was the dog sledding on the glacier. We enjoyed that one a lot. We went in early June and had beautiful weather with warm temperatures and no rain. We were lucky and did get to see some bears as the salmon were not running yet. We saw so much wildlife- i spent all my time on my veranda. I so loved Alaska. Your going to have a blast.

Good morning fellow cruise peeps☕️ Or should I say Aloha
I am getting a late start this AM but on my list of to do is updating our roll call.
I have read that there is a Facebook for this cruise - I don’t do Facebook and I am sure there are others on the dis who don’t - please share information so we can all participate in activities and I will be happy to post them on our thread.

I am getting a late start this AM but on my list of to do is updating our roll call.
I have read that there is a Facebook for this cruise - I don’t do Facebook and I am sure there are others on the dis who don’t - please share information so we can all participate in activities and I will be happy to post them on our thread.
Just joined the fb one too!
Found out on here there is one ;)
Haven’t read much on there yet but will...

You are going to Love Alaska - so far it is my favorite cruise. I had another one booked for 2019 but had to let it go for this one. Our favorite excursion was the dog sledding on the glacier. We enjoyed that one a lot. We went in early June and had beautiful weather with warm temperatures and no rain. We were lucky and did get to see some bears as the salmon were not running yet. We saw so much wildlife- i spent all my time on my veranda. I so loved Alaska. Your going to have a blast.
The dog sledding on the glacier is the only excursion we know we want to do for sure right now!

I’m super excited for the cruise and so glad you all popped over here. I don’t do Facebook but live in the dis. I will update our roll call tonight. We are going to have a great cruise!

I'm on FB as well and the group is already over 500 people.

You really must do - not that I am telling you what to do. I told my family that we could do it but our other excursions would have to be low key since the dog sledding cost so much - we went in 2013. The helicopter ride was beautiful which makes me want to do one of those or an airplane excursion the next time I go. Alaska is so beautiful. Our two other excursions were nature excursions and we enjoyed them as I got to see bears and I LOVE . Alaska is a big rainforest so you do get some lovely nature excursions.
I would recommend any type of helicopter or airplane excursion and of course the dog sledding. Now I did mine thru Disney but I read a lot where peeps used outside vendors - if you are interested in that let me know as I have a ton of information and research on Alaska as I looked into other vendors. My dh is a stickler for using Disney so we don’t miss the ship. We seen that happen several times on our Transatlantic and that cemented it for him. Funny thing - it was Disney - but they helld the ship in NovaScotia, and Ireland and had to bus them in Liverpool. We went to the Disney bus stop to get back to the ship 2 hrs early and almost didn’t name it - the traffic was horrible- we could have walked quicker the 5 miles to the ship!! So he won’t do an excursion unless it is with Disney - I’m ok with that as he lets me book what I want where I want. Nice trade off.

We are doing this cruise too. Our plan right now is to fly in maybe a week early and spend some time in Hawaii before the cruise. I have been to Hawaii before but my husband and daughter have not. We are coming from Nova Scotia and my daughter will be 14 when we cruise. I am not looking forward to the flight there lol. This will be our 8th cruise and second time on the Wonder.

We are coming from Nova Scotia and my daughter will be 14 when we cruise. I am not looking forward to the flight there lol.

We're in a similar situation. We're coming from Newfoundland. Look's like we're in for a 15-20 hour travel day.

We are doing this cruise too. Our plan right now is to fly in maybe a week early and spend some time in Hawaii before the cruise. I have been to Hawaii before but my husband and daughter have not. We are coming from Nova Scotia and my daughter will be 14 when we cruise. I am not looking forward to the flight there lol. This will be our 8th cruise and second time on the Wonder.
My husband Charles hails from Cape Breton.

You really must do - not that I am telling you what to do. I told my family that we could do it but our other excursions would have to be low key since the dog sledding cost so much - we went in 2013. The helicopter ride was beautiful which makes me want to do one of those or an airplane excursion the next time I go. Alaska is so beautiful. Our two other excursions were nature excursions and we enjoyed them as I got to see bears and I LOVE . Alaska is a big rainforest so you do get some lovely nature excursions.
I would recommend any type of helicopter or airplane excursion and of course the dog sledding. Now I did mine thru Disney but I read a lot where peeps used outside vendors - if you are interested in that let me know as I have a ton of information and research on Alaska as I looked into other vendors. My dh is a stickler for using Disney so we don’t miss the ship. We seen that happen several times on our Transatlantic and that cemented it for him. Funny thing - it was Disney - but they helld the ship in NovaScotia, and Ireland and had to bus them in Liverpool. We went to the Disney bus stop to get back to the ship 2 hrs early and almost didn’t name it - the traffic was horrible- we could have walked quicker the 5 miles to the ship!! So he won’t do an excursion unless it is with Disney - I’m ok with that as he lets me book what I want where I want. Nice trade off.
Thanks! I don’t want to take away from the Hawaii cruise - just one more thing on Alaska... is the helicopter tour not part of the glacier dog sledding?
Which port is best to do dog sledding? We heard it gets canceled often, hope not :)

Also up for Mixology, (Hawaiian theme?) and DIS meet - maybe one for the kids too.
Not sure if there will be many kids in this meet, the fb group has a lot of kids though or more than I thought there would be.

Or how about a meet and greet for the disboardsrs? Did this in our Europe cruise and it was one hour with unlimited drinks for $15. We could do Hawaiian theme!

I have updated our Roll all and added HapppilyEverAfter80 to the Fish Extender - Please let me know if I missed anyone or got something wrong.
Thanks!

A Mixology Sounds wonderful - Would you like to take the lead on this? I will be happy to list it on the first page of our thread? Please let me know.

Meet and Great sound nice too - I an open for either one - Majority rules. What do you all want? We need to hurry up and decided we only have a year and 7 months !! hee hee !!!

Most Meet and Greets I have done were right before the Muster Drill - but they didn't have open bar - that sounds like more fun!!!

A kids meet and Greet would be nice too = I don't have any kids going - so would be nice if someone with some children could take the lead on this.

On the Transatlantic cruise (TA) I did - We did Champagne and that was a lot of Fun!!!
The TA had Wine, Beer, and Mixology - they had I think at least 10 or more to choose from - private - not including the ship offers.

On the TA - We also did a High Tea on the High Seas - that was fun too.

On the TA - We did a recipe Exchange - that was a lot of fun!

I have done on other cruises a Candy Exchange - Very much like the Fish Extender - you bring candy that your home area is known for - and use the Fish Extender to exchange. Small groups of 10 so you don't get a lot of candy - unless you want to be in multiple groups.

On the TA they did an Ornament Exchange

On the TA they did a Breakfast

On the TA they did a Lunch

On the TA they did a Tour of all the Different Room Types on the Ship

On the TA they - There was a walking Group who gathered Every Morning

I am open - so we can throw some ideas around and see what we all would like to do. I mention the TA because it was a longer cruise like this one. I know Disney only offers Champagne Tastings on the longer cruises.

What do you mean breakfast or lunch? I like the idea of meeting people....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter