Have you eaten at Boma lately? Afraid after bad experience in March.

Mainebound

DIS Veteran
In March of this year, I had a terrible experience at Boma. We were staying the week at AKL, and of course, made a dinner reservation at Boma. Although we had noticed the Boma menu getting less adventurous and maybe not as great as it was 12 years ago, it's an old family favorite. But on this night in March, it was a zoo. The waitstaff was clearly totally overwhelmed, sweaty, and literally running around. We didn't get the drinks we ordered until halfway through our meal, yet somehow we were rushed by the staff. The line for the buffet stretched all the way back almost to the reception desk. I understand buffets at Disney are always busy-bordering-on-hectic, but this was an absolute madhouse.

My family is asking to go back to Boma for our January trip, and I am just very leery of it now. But perhaps that was just an off night? Have you had a great experience there lately?

I went this past September. It was busy, but not out of the ordinary busy for a popular Disney buffet. Actually, Crystal Palace was more nuts than Boma was.

I thought the wait staff was great and the food was great. They brought drinks quickly. The line didn't stretch more than 6 feet past the end of the buffet itself.

I think maybe you just had a one-off bad experience, which does happen.

Give it a second shot.

We ate there once, food was good but it was a zoo. By the time I sat down to eat other members of our party was half way through their meal.

We prefer Jiko or Sanai.

Seems to be the trend for Disney. More people but less staff. We have eaten there several times but this past July will have been our last. Definitely not what it used to be especially with the increased prices IMHO.

ok, thanks for your opinions. I appreciate it! If we keep our reservation, I will report back.

Went in Sept...when I was just getting over being sick...so not really an appetite , so when I say the food was good...it was. Not really feeling well...and not having much of a taste....I still pushed through! Can't wait to try again when my appetite is full steam!!

Have been dining at Boma since they opened and have never experienced the situation the OP posted. Service and food has always been top notch.

I went last week and the experience was good. We waited 5 minutes past our ADR time. Our server brought our drinks quickly and we didn’t have to wait in line at all at the Buffett. The food was excellent. The restaurant was busy too.

We were there last Thursday. Not crowded at all. Few empty tables. Buffet line moved quick. Service was excellent. Food was good. I wouldn’t hesitate to go back.

We ate there for breakfast in Sept and dinner last weekend. Food and service was great. Our server was so efficient with drinks he would often refill without me even noticing.

Both times it was busy. We waited maybe 5 minutes to be seated both times (and last weekend we were a party of 8), but in Sept we had friends who were a party of 7 and they waited 30 mins after their ADR time to be seated.

I do wish the carving station would be separated into another area because it often causes the buffet line to get long. If I don’t want anything from the carving station, sometimes I feel bad jumping into the line in the middle.

I've always had great service, great food and reasonable lines for the buffet. Boma remains my favorite!

We were there last night. It was stellar from start to finish as usual. We made area for 5pm right when it opened and left as it was getting busy busy.

My family is asking to go back to Boma for our January trip, and I am just very leery of it now. But perhaps that was just an off night
Based on the responses, it sounds like that was a very off night. Given that your family is (still, even after your last visit) asking to go, you should.

We're going on Christmas Eve; we also went on Christmas Eve last year and though it was definitely busy, it wasn't overwhelming. Sometimes the line would get a little long, but when that happened, we would just wait at our table a few minutes and it would go back down. Love that place!!!

We were there in April for breakfast and no issues. Busy, but not swamped. The food and service were good.

Seems to be the trend for Disney. More people but less staff. We have eaten there several times but this past July will have been our last. Definitely not what it used to be especially with the increased prices IMHO.

Am I missing something, prices went up?

I go to Boma at least once on every trip. I was there last January during Marathon weekend and I had no wait for my ADR. I think they even took us a few minutes early if I remember correctly. The food was as great as it usually is. By the time we left from our meal it was getting busier but whenever I go there is no line. I think the longest I have waited is 4-5 people before I get back to the plates for a new one.

I am going in Feb for a long weekend and we will do a dinner and a breakfast on this trip.

As for the price, I haven't noticed an increase and I normally watch everything at Disney like a hawk. My friend and I often say they could double the price at Boma and I would still go so I continue to feel like it is a bargain. It is just such a good experience every time I go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!