• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have previous DVC resorts been as sought after as BCV????

Terry S

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Just curious, it seems that a LOT of people are anxously awaiting for BCV to start selling. At this rate it seems as if they would sell out in the first couple of months. Have the other DVC resorts been this sought after before sales even started?

I think VWL had a lot of interest. OKW was a "secret" since it was the first. HHI and Vero being offsite were also a little "unknown" as to what they would be like. BWV...anticipated but again with a little questioning of the unknown. They also kept saying they "weren't sure" it would be a DVC resort but thought it would be. VWL was the first where people really knew what they were getting. BCV is also generating interest from people who want to be in the Epcot area and see this as a chance to buy direct from Disney.

Also, the family of DVC members is growing very quickly. Out of 58,000 members, 40,000 do not own at BWV. I think there is a particular affinity for that area because of the access to EPCOT and MGM.

SAB is one of the top pools in WDW.

From what I could find, Wilderness Lodge Villas has 136 units (WDWIG FAQ) and Beach Club Villas will have 205 (initial press release). So there will be alot more points available at BCV than at WLV. With the downturn in the economy and less visitors to WDW, I wouldn't look for it to sellout that fast. I don't think it will go in less than a year. The people on these boards are diehard DVC & Disney fans, so there's alot of talk about it here, but most of the general public going to WDW probably have no idea about it.

Before 1999, sales at the existing resorts had been steady but not overwhelming. OKW sold out (for the first time before additional units were built) over about a 7 to 8 year period. BWV opened in mid-1996 and through 1998 was about 28% sold. Total membership was about 33,000. Then lighting struck. Sales took off, particularly at BWV. OKW went on sale again with new buildings. BWV and the remainder of OKW were sold out by Nov 2000. VWL went on sale in mid-Jan 2001 and is expected to sell out this year. Membership is now close to 60,000, i.e., it almost doubled in 2 1/2 years. That membership number counts joint owners as one. If you count all persons, owners and kids, you probably have 200,000 or more people now who are part of DVC.

It became so popular and "hot" after 1998 probably partly as a result of favorable economic conditions and a huge spreading of the word via all the sites that appeared on the web. Economic conditions have now changed and I expect BCV to sell slower than the prior feverish pace unless conditions improve significantly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter