Has it been that long?

yooperfan

Hi HO, hi ho, it's off to work we go
I just booked WL for the 24th of Jan. next year, standard view, 2 people. It came to $239. per night, $266.49 w/tax. Has it been that long since I've booked at regular rate, or does this seem high. I expected it to be in the $189 range before tax. Also, what do you think the chances are of an AP rate or code at this time of year and when should I start watching for a better deal? Thanks.

2004 rates are not out yet and seasons haven't been determined. Consequently, Disney is charging you the "Regular Season" 2003 rate of $239/nt plus 11.5% tax. When next year's rates are released, your rate will convert. January is typically "Value Season". 2003's Value Season rate at the WL for a Standard View is $199/night plus tax.

Discounts are typical for January although one can ever know for sure. If discounts are available, I'd start looking in the early fall. 2004 rates and "seasons" should become available sometime in the summer.

Thankyou so much. We spend a lot of money at Disney and don't mind doing it, but these prices just seemed high to me. I'll keep my eyes open for discounts.

Glad to help. :)

Good luck with the discounts. There have been good offers available to the general public the last couple years. With the travel industry remaining weak, maybe you'll find discounts next year, too. If all else fails, you can try for an Annual Passholder discount. They seem to be consistently offered in January. Even if you aren't a Passholder now, the resort discount (if offered) may just make it worth it to buy one.

Happy Planning! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter