• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has Anyone Ever Stayed At CSR?

DisneyLisa

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
I've been thinking about all this money I'm spending to stay at the Poly and keep thinking how much we could do with the $1200 I'd save if we stayed at a Moderate. I've always wanted to try the POFQ but obviously can't do that...the only Moderate available for our dates is CSR Waterview. What do you think of this resort?

DD has always wanted to try the Poly but she is also very thankful to be going and says that although she'd love to stay at the Poly, she'd be happy wherever we stay. The Mother in me would like to be able to give her a stay at the Poly for her 16th Birthday trip (& we do enjoy the extras at the Deluxes) but the practical side of me says "look how much you'd save & you're hardly in the room anyway". We've loved our stays at the BC & GF but also weren't unsatisfied with our stay at the ASMu either so I'm really giving this some serious consideration. I've thought about a split stay but it seems like a "pain" to me.

Appreciate any comments...(I hate making decisions) :)

Lisa, we stayed at CSR for 3 nights on an "up-sell" rate when we couldn't get our whole stay at ASMu. That was the year that we also extended our trip at the last minute and stayed 3 nights at AKL, so we covered all classes in that trip. I thought the CSR was very pretty and our room was fine. I enjoyed walking around the lagoon at night. We never ate in the restaurants there (had heard mixed reviews about the Pepper Mill) but at night we would go down to the little coffee bar just outside the Pepper Mill for a coffee and treat. There are bus stops around the resort but we stayed in a Casita building so were close enough to walk to the first stop at El Centro. Someone on the DIS has a great website devoted to the CSR, maybe someone else remembers the address.

The rest of my family has stayed there but I haven't. My mother thought that the room that they stayed in was a long way from the food court area but was nice. My aunt went with her (they both took their oldest grandchild for the trip) and she has trouble walking so they had to drive to the food court. My Mom did say that it was similar in set up to the CBR although she liked the colours of CBR better. I can ask her tonight about any other thoughts she had and if she can remember the building that they stayed in. They went in June 2000.

Cdnmickeylover

We stayed at CSR last year. It was okay, but we liked CBR better. CSR has a nice pool, better than CBR main pool, but I liked CBR quiet pools better. Our CSR room was old looking and the housekeeping sucked. I would stay at CBR again, but I don't think I would stay at CSR again. If you aren't going to be around the resort much, than it's worth saving the $1200. But if you are going to hang at the resort, do the Poly. I am interested in the Poly for our next trip too. S

Thanks for the replies everyone but I've spent the last hour looking at CSR sites & I have to say that it just doesn't appeal to me (I really liked the look & size of the POFQ :( though). I think maybe we should stick with the Poly as CSR is the only Moderate available when we go and as much as I enjoyed the All Stars, I don't think we'll go that route for this year.

Are you sure that CBR isn't available? That's where we are booked and we got the Cdn at par deal. It may be because we had it previously booked though and they just applied the code to the existing reservation?

Actually talked to my mom and she much preferred CBR to CSR. She again said that it was a long walk from the room to the food court which she didn't find at CBR.

I'd probably stay with the Poly. It's a really nice resort although I haven't stayed there lately. We stayed a few years ago on an upsell. We had booked the CBR like 8-9 months before our trip and they called to offer the Poly for approx. $20/night more. We took it.

Cdnmickeylover

A friend of DD's Dad had a weekend of meetings there and talked the rest of the family into going. But that's another story.:rolleyes: They enjoyed it but after seeing our pics from CBR, they would have rather stayed there!

Stick to the Poly! After all you only turn 16 once in your life!

Scratch
:smooth:

You're right Scratch...if we didn't stay there I'd probably always regret it. Oh well, I thought about saving money & it's the thought that counts right ;).

Just 22 weeks to go :Pinkbounc

Memories Last Forever!

BTW, Whatdomean by "DisBabes" is a Fantasy Trip!?!?!?

Scratch
:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter