Has anyone ever done, The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour( in Disney World)?

zen1

<font color=teal>Had a special encounter with Lilo
And if so, how did you like it? My dad is a huge train fan and I think he might get a real kick out of it, I just thought I would ask all of my Dis board friends and see what you all have to say about it. Just to let you know how big of a train fan my dad is, he bulit his own train lay out in the backyard( the size of the trains he has is called "G" scale). What is included in the tour? And how much is the tour?

Thanks in advance!:wave:

And also if you like trains, here is a fun site that my dad found! It has Walt Disney with his trains, be sure to check it out! It has sound too!

http://www.carolwood.com/

Here is a breif write up of the tour. Including prices and what days it is offered. If you have any specific questions about it I can answer them for you :) Most of the participants on the tour really enjoy it. There is usually a good mix of interests involved from Disney fans to model railroaders to people that have worked on the railroad for years.

Disney’s "The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains" tour gives Guests an inside look at the Walt Disney World Railroad. This is approximately a threehour experience which explores Walt Disney’s passion for steam trains, while giving Guests the opportunity to join the opening crew as they prepare for the daily railroad operation at the MAGIC KINGDOM. This tour also offers the rare opportunity to visit our backstage "roundhouse".

Location and Time:Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays at 7:30am. Guests should arrive at least 15 minutes prior to start time. The group will meet at the Guest Relations Window, outside the Magic Kingdom Main Entrance.

Duration: Approx. 3 hours

Cost:$40.00 per person (Theme park admission is required.)

Restrictions:Guests must be at least 10 years old to attend this program.

For more information and reservations call (407) WDW-TOUR (407) 939-8687.
All prices include tax.

We did it a number of years ago and really enjoyed it! It is fun to be able to see backstage and the cool thing about the roundhouse is that is houses the trains on the lower level and monorails up above.

Great tour!

If your Dad is a "G-Scaler" (Garden Railroader), he'll absolutely LOVE this tour. My dad and I are both "G-Scalers". I'm also an "N-Scaler" and I model almost exclusively in the steam era (diesel/electrics just don't have the same allure to me).

I've never taken the tour personally, but my dad did it last year (or the year before). He raved about it and showed me all of his pictures. I would LOVE to do it too, but my daughter just turned 9 last week and I'd hate to leave her out. This is something we'll have to do in the next few years.

:sunny:

I had booked it for my May trip but then figured I could not get there that early as I travel with my scooter and can't get close enough before the parks are open. Also you get a discount on that tour if you have AP.

Parrothd:

Check your PM's I had a question for you... We are G scalers too among other things :) :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter