Has anyone done back-to-back ABD's?

DisneyWishes14

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! Well, I was all set to book the Greece ABD for next summer and then started to look into flights and pricing and the flights are just so expensive from where we are (I hate blowing my travel budget just on flights!) so we are thinking of heading to Europe instead. I've had the Rhine river cruise in the back of my mind since it was first announced, but when we travel overseas, we always like to stay for at least two weeks or more so, I got the idea in my head that maybe we could do another ABD prior to the cruise! I think we've narrowed it down to the Germany tour. If they still have availability for the dates I'm looking at, we would end in Berlin on July 7 and start in Basel on July 9. I haven't checked flights yet, but I'm assuming we could fly to either Basel or Zurich from Berlin without much trouble. I wanted to do the Italy/Switzerland tour that ends in Lucerne, but my DH really wants to do Germany (yeah, twist my arm!). I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever done back-to-back ABD's? Are there any pro's and con's to doing this? It will be me, DH and DS10 traveling. We've done one ABD before, but have traveled internationally many times. Thanks for any info or advice you might have!

There was a couple on my Danube River cruise, @pandw, who did that, but in the opposite order. They did the cruise, then headed to Germany for that ABD.

Sayhello

There was a couple on my Danube River cruise, @pandw, who did that, but in the opposite order. They did the cruise, then headed to Germany for that ABD.

Sayhello

Thanks so much for your reply! I am actually going to look into that as I'm now having trouble finding flights to Munich from my area! Flying to Zurich or Basel and then out of Berlin may be a better idea - thank you!

Hi
We did back-to-back ABDs this summer - London/Paris and then Italy/Switzerland. It was a lot of fun, but tiring. The London/Paris one was a bit faster paced, so the order was right for us.
There was a family on our Italy/Switzerland trip who were then doing the Rhine cruise.
The last 4 years we have combined things in Europe - the previous years were an Ocean cruise (varied 7-14 days) and a land trip (twice ABD, once Tauck Bridges). We like spending longer in terms of the jet lag as well - it takes me 3-4 days to feel human.....
We are doing the Rhine cruise next summer - we have looked at flights but not booked - Basel is a little tricky to get to as well.
Have fun planning!
Michele

We are doing 7 night med cruise on the Magic followed by Rhine River ABD.

I am looking into doing this as well. Europe flights are so pricey that it seems to make sense to spend more time and do 2 back & back tours instead of taking the trips separately. We have been thinking of doing Danube River cruise and Italy/Sorrento through Tauck Bridges. My big concern is how exhausting will this be.

I am looking into doing this as well. Europe flights are so pricey that it seems to make sense to spend more time and do 2 back & back tours instead of taking the trips separately. We have been thinking of doing Danube River cruise and Italy/Sorrento through Tauck Bridges. My big concern is how exhausting will this be.

Definitely schedule some down time in between. A 2 night stay in a quiet little European town in between tours would be lovely!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter