Hallmark Movies ❤️ comfort & joy

Christmas in July ends tomorrow night. :sad:

A new summertime movie is premiering tomorrow. At least, they are easing us out of Christmas in July this year. Last year, I remember it ending abruptly when the new, summer movie started. This year, we are getting one last Christmas movie after the summer movie.

Then it's about 88 days before the new Christmas movies start at the end of October. :eek: Wow! That seems so short for the rest of the summer and fall. :faint: Savor this weather while we have it! :beach:

The new Summer Nights movie is Love, For Real. It stars four newcomers to Hallmark: Chloe Bridges (of Pretty Little Liars & The Carrie Diaries,) Scott Michael Foster (of Once Upon a Time and Halt and Catch Fire,) Corbin Bleu (One Life to Live,) and Taiana Tully.

The movie was filmed in Oahu, Hawaii. Hawaii was economically hit hard during the pandemic. Nice to see them getting some dollars by filming there. (And I'm glad to see Hallmark is using more U.S. locations for filming. Chad Michael Murray's film a few weeks ago was filmed in CT. And I heard another Hallmark movie is filming there now. :thumbsup2 )

Love, For Real is about two female best friends who go on a reality dating show together for the purpose of promoting their new fashion line, not to fall in love. Oops!

Disney fans will more likely recognize Corbin Bleu from the original High School Musical movies — We’re all in this together 🥰

I will sure miss Christmas in July movies! I re-watched 12 Gifts of Christmas from last year last night that I had recorded when it was repeated this last week. Cute movie but oh so predictable in conflict! Mark should have absolutely gotten Anna's permission before using her painting. I was glad it all worked out in the end. Quick? In the scene with Anna's parents, does her dad ever talk? I realized last night that I didn't think he ever said a word, which would be sad and sort of odd (for an actor) as well. Anyone else notice that?

Imzadi, I never did watch Dr. Quinn. I'll have to record one to check it out, thank you :)

Feralpeg, prayers to you to feel better. I am glad Christmas movies have brought you cheer!

I will sure miss Christmas in July movies! I re-watched 12 Gifts of Christmas from last year last night that I had recorded when it was repeated this last week. Cute movie but oh so predictable in conflict! Mark should have absolutely gotten Anna's permission before using her painting. I was glad it all worked out in the end. Quick? In the scene with Anna's parents, does her dad ever talk? I realized last night that I didn't think he ever said a word, which would be sad and sort of odd (for an actor) as well. Anyone else notice that?

The 12 Gifts of Christmas is one of my favorites of the older movies. It was before the Hallmark "formula" for movies had become too formulaic and stale. I do agree that Mark should have asked Anna for her permission to use her artwork.

However, I also thought it was stupid of her to NOT want them to use it. She didn't have to take public credit for making the art if she didn't want to. How many artists for ad campaigns do we know about? She could still be quietly making great money making art for the ad company AND making art to get into galleries. Being able to do what she loves beats being a gift shopper.

As for Anna's dad, I hadn't realized he didn't talk. :scratchin. I guess he was just an extra they slipped in to fill out the family. :grouphug:

There are a HUGE number of "Hallmark Hall of Fame" movies that I can't understand why Hallmark isn't showing. I've been waiting for "The Littlest Angel" (with Johnny Whitaker and Fred Gwynne) to be shown on TV for a long time.

There are a HUGE number of "Hallmark Hall of Fame" movies that I can't understand why Hallmark isn't showing. I've been waiting for "The Littlest Angel" (with Johnny Whitaker and Fred Gwynne) to be shown on TV for a long time.
I wonder where the Hallmark Hall of Fame movies are. I remember one of Beauty & the Beast that I liked.

LOL, Imzadi, you are probably so right about the dad.

I also love the older movies. Finished re-watching last night "Reunited at Christmas." Thoroughly loved that the divorced parents rekindled their relationship and that for once the man actor/actress characters stayed happily together! Refreshing indeed.

The new Summer Nights movie is Love, For Real. It stars four newcomers to Hallmark: Chloe Bridges (of Pretty Little Liars & The Carrie Diaries,) Scott Michael Foster (of Once Upon a Time and Halt and Catch Fire,) Corbin Bleu (One Life to Live,) and Taiana Tully.

Recognized Chloe Bridges from Disney’s Camp Rock 2. This will sound bad, but I instantly knew who she was because of her mouth.

Didn’t realize it was Corbin Bleu as the male reality show bachelor. I miss his hair. I only know him from High School Musical 1-3, which like Camp Rick was aired a lot in our house!

I also recognize Scott Michael Foster from the ABC Family show Chasing Life. Sad that one was canceled after two seasons.

Thanks for the tip on SSD Christmas movie, I watched on Spectrum before it disappeared. Loved it. Anxiously awaiting the next chapter, hopefully before end of year

Thanks for the tip on SSD Christmas movie, I watched on Spectrum before it disappeared. Loved it. Anxiously awaiting the next chapter, hopefully before end of year

Last week, I would have said don't hold your breath on another installment, as the last movie was a few years ago. And the executive producer has moved on to co-produce Young Sheldon on CBS.

But, Hallmark gave the okay for Allison Sweeney to executive produce another installment of her Murder She Baked series on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries four years later!

(More on that in the second post below. :hyper: )

Last edited:
Tonight's Hallmark movie is The 27-Hour Day starring Autumn Reeser and Andrew Walker, who've never done a Hallmark movie together before. :eek: I'm surprised, as they both have been on Hallmark for so long, I would have thought they'd have done one before now. Autumn has done 10 Hallmark movies and Andrew has done 20.

The 27-Hour Day is about Lauren (Autumn Reeser) is a successful entrepreneur and creator of a wellness brand called The 27-Hour Day. After a meeting with her idol goes awry, she decides to take a step back to gain some perspective and finds herself at a mountain retreat where she must hand over all her electronic devices so that she can not only unwind but also unplug from her work life. She meets Jack (Andrew Walker), the owner of the retreat who can immediately tell Lauren is a workaholic. Jack wants to expand the family business and looks to her for some advice. While he’s not interested in getting involved with a guest, there’s clearly an attraction there. . . :rolleyes1

A longer sneak peek at The 27-Hour Day:

Here is an interview with Autumn on the movie:

And for those who are interested in podcasts, so you can do something else while listening, there is a podcast, called Deck the Hallmark:

Last edited:
On Sunday, after a 4 year hiatus, the Murder She Baked series returns another installment Hallmark Movies & Mysteries. Only, now, Allison Sweeney, who is executive producer, has re-named the series after the actual book series, by Joanne Fluke, called the Hannah Swensen mystery series.

(Maybe someone will take over the Signed, Sealed and Delivered series too and bring us some more movies. :tongue: )

Some fun tidbits about the Hannah Swensen mystery movie, Cameron Mathison and Alison Sweeney are interviewed for the new movie on Good Morning America:

For more info about the Hannah Swensen movie AND why Cameron is sporting a beard in the above interview, AND for some juicy details (and a possible spoiler) on an upcoming role he is doing on General Hospital, Cameron does another interview on GMA the next day:

Last edited:
Last weekend, while mourning the end of Hallmark's Christmas in July, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries aired an new installment of Jill Wagner's Murder 101 series called Murder 101: Deadly History, to help us transition back to summer. I missed it partly because they didn't change the name of that series. :lmao:

Anyway, if you missed it too, it re-airs tomorrow night (Sunday) at 7pm ET, right before the new episode of the Hannah Swensen series at 9pm ET.

It also re-airs on Aug 11 at 9pm ET, and on Aug 17 at 9pm ET.

Here's a sneak peek at Murder 101: Deadly History. Can it still be called a sneak peek if the movie has already aired? :scratchin :lmao: Maybe I should call it a sneak after peek. :lmao:

I keep meaning to post these earlier. . . :blush:

Tonight's Hallmark movie is installment 6 of the Wedding March series of Jack Wagner and Josie Bissett successfully running the Willow Lake Inn in Vermont together as a wedding destination. Only it's these two finally getting married.

I have to admit, I've never seen Melrose Place, where these two actors were both on. :duck:

My memories of Jack Wagner were when he was on General Hospital as Frisco Jones singing All I Need to Felicia, (Kristina Malandro,) who later became his real life wife in a rocky marriage that probably could have rivaled the up and down relationships of the soap they were on. :duck:

Anyone else want to stroll down memory lane with me? Rachel Boston is even seen in this video for a brief moment. :eek:

Last edited:
I keep meaning to post these earlier. . . :blush:

Tonight's Hallmark movie is installment 6 of the Wedding March series of Jack Wagner and Josie Bissett successfully running the Willow Lake Inn in Vermont together as a wedding destination. Only it's these two finally getting married.

I have to admit, I've never seen Melrose Place, where these two actors were both on. :duck:

My memories of Jack Wagner were when he was on General Hospital as Frisco Jones singing All I Need to Felicia, (Kristina Malandro,) who later became his real life wife in a rocky marriage that probably could have rivaled the up and down relationships of the soap they were on. :duck:

Anyone else want to stroll down memory lane with me? Rachel Boston is even seen in this video for a brief moment. :eek:

Omg I just went weak in the knees. I didn’t even know they were on GH in that era. Did they leave and come back? I was head over heals for Jack, and obsessed with Frisco and Felicia. Him singing Lady of My Heart at their wedding had me a big puddle of mush. I have his albums and saw him live in the third row. Heaven. Never watched him in anything on Hallmark though 😜😜😜

Tomorrow on the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries channel, there will be a 6 episode marathon of Season 4 of Chesapeake Shores to catch everyone up.

NOTE: The Season 5 premiere of Chesapeake Shores tomorrow night, at 8pm ET time slot is on the regular Hallmark Channel, not the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries channel. You have to switch channels after the marathon is over.

If you want to see Seasons 1- 4 they are available for purchase on Prime Video, Apple TV, YouTube and Vudu.

:teacher: Some fun factoids on the Chesapeake Shores cast: :teeth:

Meghan Ory (Abby O’Brien) is married to actor John Reardon, who starred in Hallmark Channel movie, Love on the Sidelines. He played an injured football player who had to hire a personal assistant, who turned out to be female. Readron was also in The Christmas Secret with Bethany Joy Lenz, and a couple episodes of When Calls the Heart.

Emilie Ullerup
(Bree O’Brien) was born and raised in Copenhagen, Denmark. Her father is a Danish diplomat.

Barbara Niven (Megan O’Brien) had a secret eating disorder decades ago, in which she now does motivational speaking on, so that others with the same issues will speak up and get help.

Diane Ladd (Nell O’Brien) is the mother of actress Laura Dern.

Jessica Sipos (Sarah Mercer O’Brien) and Carlos Marks (David Peck) are dating in real life.

Gregory Harrison (Thomas O’Brien) has been married to former actress, Randi Oakes for 41 years! They've made it work by NOT living in Hollywood, but live a quiet life in Southern Oregon.

Treat Williams (Mick O’Brien) His first acting job after he moved to NYC was to understudy all the male leads in Grease, on Broadway: Johnny Travolta and Jeff Conaway. Then he did a second musical with the Andrews sisters. John Travolta and also Hallmark regular, Marilu Henner, were in it. Then he went back to Grease and took over the lead for three years as Danny Zuko.

One of his best roles was in the movie Hair. If you haven't seen it, it's a definite MUST SEE movie. (Warning: It is NOT a happy ending movie though. And this is a warning for language. The Broadway show was written in the late 1960's as a protest to the Vietnam war, and was written for shock value. This is not something to watch with the kids.) Watching Treat Williams in it was like watching talent being shot out of a cannon. He had such a wide, incredible, emotional range he could play: brash, mischievous, irreverent, sexy, clever, scared & vulnerable, and heart-wrenching, all while singing & dancing.

Hollywood didn't know what to do with him after that. There wasn't anything written that really took advantage of his incredible range. They first tried to put him in Al Pacino-type roles, with Prince of the City, but Pacino wasn't giving up his place, and Hollywood didn't need two Pacino types. He floundered in different types of roles. He did a remake of Marlon Brando's role in Streetcar Named Desire to a lukewarm response. Treat Williams eventually went back and did more theatre and Broadway. (He was in Follies with Gregory Harrison.) He did numerous B-level, obscure Hollywood movies & TV roles until Everwood put him back on the map as a "father figure" role, which he's been ever since.

Here is the beginning of Hair. (He's not in this song much. But it's a great opening number.)

Here is Treat Williams in Hair. (Warning for some language.) So you'll have to click on this LINK to watch it.

Last edited:
I watched the 27 hour day. I couldnt get into it and I love Autumn Reeser. Did anyone else not like it?

I am soooo excited for the next movie for Signed Sealed and Delivered In Octoberg. I watched all of the movies in January (did a trial of Hallmark Movies now) and loved them!

I am soooo excited for the next movie for Signed Sealed and Delivered In October

OMG!!! I didn't know they are doing a new movie. I thought it was just a lot of hopeful wishing on all of our parts.

This is the best news on this thread! :love: :worship: :cheer2: :cool1: :rockband::dance3::dogdance:

So that's what you meant. As I said I really thought it was a lot of hopeful wishing that they'd do another one. Last time I looked at the cast's Twitter accounts, they all were in the same holding pattern that they've been in for years.

Looks like the premiere date is set for Oct 17th. :love: :cheer2:

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertai...delivered-movie-finally-coming-hallmark.html/

Last edited:

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest