Hallmark Movies ❤️ comfort & joy

I was up way too early this morning, so I watched Nashville Christmas Carol. - I loved it!!

that the cab driver (at the end of the Vivian's day off scene) was wearing a mask? - the movie is now officially tagged as "filmed in 2020."

I was up way too early this morning, so I watched Nashville Christmas Carol. - I loved it!!

that the cab driver (at the end of the Vivian's day off scene) was wearing a mask? - the movie is now officially tagged as "filmed in 2020."
Nope completely missed that. But the movie was ok for me. Didn’t love it, but also didn’t hate it like I thought I was going to.

I was just watching an interview with Bethany Joy Lenz. Her Hallmark movie is on this Friday night. It sounds really funny. It's called, Five Star Christmas. She goes home to visit her big family at Christmas. But, she finds her father has turned their home into a bed & breakfast. Except her father has no business sense, so no one is staying at the Inn.

They find out a travel writer has come to town to stay at the Inn and is incognito. Since they want her to write up a great review, the whole family pretends to be happy guests staying at the Inn. :lmao:

Last edited:
I was just watching an interview with Bethany Joy Lenz. Her Hallmark movie is on this Friday night. It sounds really funny. It's called, Five Star Christmas. She goes home to visit her big family at Christmas. But, she finds her father has turned their home into a bed & breakfast. Except her father has no business sense, so no one is staying at the Inn.

They find out a travel writer has come to town to stay at the Inn and is incognito. Since they want him to write up a great review, the whole family pretends to be happy guests staying at the Inn. :lmao:
I love Bethany Joy! I have that set to record.

What’s the best Hallmark Christmas movie so far this year?

I haven't watched all the new ones yet but of the ones I've seen, I really like Deliver by Christmas(or was it Delivered??:scratchin) and the Christmas Doctor, which surprised me because I usually don't care for Holly Robinson Peete on Hallmark. :poop:

Haven't really cared for Christmas Tree Lane because I don't like Alicia whatever her name is and The Christmas Bow was sooo boring.

The others have been pretty good.

They find out a travel writer has come to town to stay at the Inn and is incognito. Since they want him to write up a great review, the whole family pretends to be happy guests staying at the Inn. :lmao:
I really like when they do ones like this....where the characters pretend to be someone else. They are always fun to me. There was one YEARS AGO that DD and I loved with Joey Lawrence. I can't remember the name right now but I'll look it up and add it. But the premise is he and a girl pretend to be dating for the holidays but he's Jewish and she's not. LOL Her family plays along when his parents want to meet and its hilarious. So cute and funny. DD says she thinks its on Amazon so I'll look it up and add it later.

Looking forward to this new one. I like Bethany Joy Lenz too.

ETA....Its called Hitched for the Holidays and just realized Stevie from Schitts Creek is the female lead. :D

Last edited:
I really like Deliver by Christmas (or was it Delivered??:scratchin) and the Christmas Doctor, which surprised me because I usually don't care for Holly Robinson Peete on Hallmark.

Yes, I really liked Holly in this better than her other stuff on Hallmark. I think she waas able to show more range and a softness and vulnerability we usually don't get to see in her characters.

The Christmas Doctor, movie showed a LOT of Star Wars references. They even played with a Star Wars light saber. When I noticed before that Freeform isn't showing any good Christmas movies, I thought, why can't Disney make their own Christmas movies for Freeform and just have a lot of Disney/Star Wars/Marvel references in them? Just like, The Christmas Doctor, they could do it. Have a little girl running around wearing a poofy Cinderella dress. I know a parent who says her daughter doesn't want to wear anything else. Have a boy in Spiderman or Marvel pajamas on Christmas morning. Have someone wearing a Captain America T-shirt without anyone even mentioning anything about it.

We do this stuff in real life, so why make Freeform Christmas movies and just (not so subtly) promote Disney in them as real life stuff?

I really like when they do ones like this....where the characters pretend to be someone else. They are always fun to me. There was one YEARS AGO that DD and I loved with Joey Lawrence. I can't remember the name right now but I'll look it up and add it. But the premise is he and a girl pretend to be dating for the holidays but he's Jewish and she's not. LOL Her family plays along when his parents want to meet and its hilarious. So cute and funny. DD says she thinks its on Amazon so I'll look it up and add it later.

ETA....Its called Hitched for the Holidays and just realized Stevie from Schitts Creek is the female lead. :D

From the little bit I saw in the promo, it looked like the cast was having a blast playing in such a fun movie.

I've seen Hitched for the Holidays. :thumbsup2 There is another one called, Holiday Engagement. Bonnie Summerville is the woman and Shelly Long plays her mom. Yeah, I'd bring a fake fiance home too, if I had a nagging Shelly Long as my mom. :lmao:

There is also another that came out last year, that I can't recommend. :( It's called Holiday Date. I was really looking forward to seeing it, as I like actor Matt Cohen. And it was Brittany Bristow's first time playing the lead on Hallmark, instead of being the perpetual best friend to the lead.

But, Matt really overacted in it so much, in my opinion. Whereas, everyone else was playing their roles rather straight and serious, even for the parts that were supposed to be funny. It was like he was doing a different film than the rest of the characters. Maybe it's because Matt really is Jewish. So the idea of someone bringing home a fake fiance at Christmas is so not real to him, he played it kind of "winking" to the audience, letting us know HE knows it's not a real situation, thus the overacting.

Watched a few new ones today:

Christmas Chronicles 2 on Netflix. Very good. Love Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn so it was nice to see them playing the Clauses. And the first movie was good too.

The Christmas House on Hallmark. Had me worried for a bit that this could be one of the first Hallmark movies to have a sad ending, but they wrapped up everything nicely. Also loved the house and DW now wants to do that here lol. Liked this one a lot.

Good Morning Christmas! Ok. I just can’t picture Alison Sweeney as anything other than Sami from Days of Our Lives, so it’s hard for me to like her. Mark Blucas is a good Hallstar and his movies usually rank highly for us. This one was just ok though.

I saw a promo for Lacey Chabert's new movie. She's paired up with Will Kemp again, for a second time. But, it appears he plays again, a very stuck up, stuffy guy. In this movie, he teaches her to ballroom dance.

I thought I would have so loved to have seen Aaron Tveit in this role instead. Give Will the stuffy, European prince role that Aaron had a couple weeks ago, as Will just seems to only be able to play stuffy, not very emotionally open roles.

Then I wondered if Will Kemp can even dance? :scratchin So I Googled him. It turns out he's a very accomplished, professional ballet dancer. He also turned down a lucrative modelling contract with Giorgio Armani, citing he didn't want to be thought to be a model as opposed to an actor.

Then I decided to Google a dance role he did, as his photos show him to be a lot looser than the stuffy roles we've seen him in on Hallmark.

WHOA!!!! WHERE THE HECK IS THIS GUY??? WHY CAN'T WE HAVE A BIT OF HIM IN A HALLMARK ROLE???

I so wanted to like The Angel Tree but just could not get into it at all. The actors didn't do much for me to hook me in. I'll check out what's on later today :)

I chose that one from my DVR this morning, and I agree - I kind of did little projects while I was "watching". But I really liked
how it was townspeople working together instead of just one person.

I watched Hitched for the Holidays earlier this year. I have Hallmark Movies Now subscription and watched it on there. I really enjoyed it and wished I had seen it earlier. I didn't think I would like it but I did. I loved that scene with her family playing along! I'd watch that movie again for sure.

I just can’t picture Alison Sweeney as anything other than Sami from Days of Our Lives, so it’s hard for me to like her.
I've enjoyed her in Chronicle Mysteries and Murder, She Baked (I liked this one more though) which are two Hallmark Movies and Mysteries series but then again I never really watched Days of Our Lives (Passions was my soap opera I watched) so I guess I don't have that association. I can see how it would be hard to disassociate her she's been on Days of Our Lives for so so long at this point.

I so wanted to like The Angel Tree but just could not get into it at all. The actors didn't do much for me to hook me in. I'll check out what's on later today :)
I liked it. I really enjoyed the early part of the movie more than the second half. They seemed to be having much more fun in the beginning and then they got so serious.

I'll have to give The Angel Tree amore of a try sometime. I am glad some of you did like it. I just was not drawn in at all within the first 20 or so minutes and gave up!

Good Morning Christmas! Ok. I just can’t picture Alison Sweeney as anything other than Sami from Days of Our Lives, so it’s hard for me to like her. Mark Blucas is a good Hallstar and his movies usually rank highly for us. This one was just ok though.

I caught the last thirty minutes of this one last weekend. I agree, it's hard to picture AS as anyone other than Sami Brady. Although if you ask my dad he'd have no clue who Sami is, but knows her from the mystery movie series she's in.

They find out a travel writer has come to town to stay at the Inn and is incognito. Since they want her to write up a great review, the whole family pretends to be happy guests staying at the Inn. :lmao:

I loved Five Star Christmas! It's one of my favorites for this year. :thumbsup2

I found it over the top, funny. I was laughing all the time. It is really well written. All the family members kind of have their own storylines. So they aren't just supporting background characters.

The dialogue and relationships are rather realistic, even for this farcical type of story. Two of the sisters are rather snarky with each other, which is more real than typical Hallmark movie families where everyone gets along, (and only the two leads have their formulaic misunderstanding toward the end.)

Sister 1: "You are like Scrooge and the Grinch rolled into one."​
Sister 2: "IS NO ONE ELSE UPSET OVER THIS???​
Sister 1: "How can we be when you take up all the emotion?"​

This is how some sisters really are with each other. :lmao:

Of course the family makes so many blunders while they are pretending to be other people. It's funny to watch it unfold. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter