Hallmark Movies ❤️ comfort & joy

Imzadi

♥ Saved by an angel in a trench coat!
First post is edited for 2022: 🎄 The Hallmark Christmas Movies 2022 start on Oct 21! :santa:

🎄(The last 4 years they started the week before Halloween, too. :duck: ) Let's have a fun, light and positive thread for the Christmas movies. :cloud9: A respite from some of the goings on in the real world. NO Christmas Scrooges!

A couple years ago, when I was watching Kristin Chenoweth playing a high school choir director, leading a Christmas carol and they sang, "comfort and joy," I thought that's what these movies are for me, and probably many of us here who've posted on various Hallmark movie threads in the past. :cloud9: :happytv:

Here are the upcoming Christmas Movies schedules
updated for 2022:

To see schedules at a glance: a Complete List of all the Christmas movies and individual lists by networks, CLICK HERE.

To see a list of Hallmark Christmas movies listed by the stars in them, CLICK HERE.

The days of the week new are movies premiering:

Hallmark will air 3 new movies each weekend: Fri, Sat & Sun at 8pm ET. (Of course re-airing throughout the season.)
A total of 31 new Christmas/Holiday movies.
Hallmark Movies & Mysteries will air one movie on Sat at 10pm ET.
9 new Christmas/Holiday movies total.

Great American Family (GFAM) will air two new movies each weekend: Sat & Sun at 8pm ET.
18 new Christmas/Holiday movies total.

Lifetime is thankfully NOT doing a new movie every night this year. Their season kicks off on Nov. 5 with new movies on (only) Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun. 26 new holiday movies.

UPtv will have 17 new Christmas movies this year starting Nov 4.

Netflix is doing about 8 new holiday movies & projects which includes a movie starring Lindsay Lohan, an animated movie, a foreign holiday movie, and two episodes of a holiday edition of The Great British Baking Show.
🥧
🍰
🍪
Their season kicks off Nov 8.

:teacher: TIP on How to Watch the Hallmark Channel Without Cable for "cord cutters." :teacher:
Get the FrndlyTV app, starting at $6.99/mo. Frndly TV is up to 40+ channels now, including the 3 Hallmark channels, Lifetime, GAF, UPtv & PixL.
https://try.frndlytv.com/home-3

With so many new (and old favorite) movies to watch, it's easy to hit over-saturation really quick give a shout out for the movies we think are worth watching more than others, are old favorites, or that we are looking forward to, so we can put them at the top of our viewing lists. popcorn:: (I tend to record them over the weekends, then watch throughout the week as I can then speed through all the commercials.) Yes, tastes vary. Yet, sometimes, many of us have said we liked some movies more than others. :thumbsup2 We can be discerning. All these movies are fun to discuss. :hyper2:

#HallmarkMovies #HallmarkChannel #POstables #SSD

Last edited:
I'll start: One of my favorite Lifetime Christmas movies from last year was on this afternoon, called Random Acts of Christmas. It will air again this Wed.

It stars Kevin McGarry, who secretly goes around being a Secret Santa, doing random acts of giving around the city. He runs into a reporter trying to figure out who's the Secret Santa.

As for upcoming movies, the Hallmark Channel has it's preview up On Demand (on Spectrum Cable.) Ryan Paevey, (who, in a movie a few years ago, played Mr. Darcy, the judge at dog competitions,) is in one that seems to be a time travel / or ghost movie(?) Being such a sci-fi geek, I'm always interested in those kinds of movies.

Broadway actors, Laura Osnes & Aaron Tveit, are in One Royal Holiday. They are each fabulous singers. I hope we get to see them sing for us. But, it seems like we will only hear the song they sing for the movie.

Last edited:
My parents have been watching Hallmark and Lifetime movies for years, but it wasn't until last Christmas that I got sucked in. Started with Christmas and has continued. My husband and kids make fun of me, lol.

There are a few that I really enjoyed but can't recall the names. There are also a few that I'll avoid if they have certain actors or actresses.

but it wasn't until last Christmas that I got sucked in. Started with Christmas and has continued. My husband and kids make fun of me, lol.

Yes, it's deceptive, how easy it is to get sucked down this rabbit hole. 🕳:lmao:I think a lot of us get made fun of, or would, if we let people know we watch them. Part of my reason for posting the thread is to give us an outlet to talk about them, if we don't talk about them in the rest of our lives. :ssst:

There are a few that I really enjoyed but can't recall the names.

Yes, most people end up describing the movies rather than remembering their names. :thumbsup2

Last edited:

Here is a web page with tips on How to Watch Hallmark Channel Without Cable for "cord cutters."

Thanks for this, this is my first year without cable and I'm already missing Hallmark. I saw a streaming service with Friendly TV, I think, that is $5.99 for 3 months I think I'll do to get me through the holidays.

I watch them all and usually LOVE them all. :confused3 :laughing: Some have been pretty cheesy but still watch even if I've seen them before.

Also, has anyone heard of the Deck the Hallmark podcast, its great. There are three guys....one loves Hallmark movies, one likes them and one hate them....they go through the new movies and are really funny.

My parents have been watching Hallmark and Lifetime movies for years,
As have I. I wish they would not be so overly productive with new ones each year and show some of the old ones more.

That said, I did watch 2 new ones yesterday.

Last edited:
As have I. I wish they would not be so overly productive with new ones each year and show some of the old ones more.

That said, I did watch 2 new ones yesterday.
A lot of the older ones are airing on Hallmark Drama, if you have that. I just searched for one of the movies and found I do 🤗 I believe they are airing at 8 or 9pm EST nightly

A lot of the older ones are airing on Hallmark Drama, if you have that. I just searched for one of the movies and found I do 🤗 I believe they are airing at 8 or 9pm EST nightly
Yeah, we're currently getting that channel. And by "old" ones I mean the ones from as far back as the early 2000's. Just airing one a night will barely make a dent in those.

Maybe have us vote on what we want to watch. Although, several of the ones I like aren't actually Hallmark ones.

I watch them all and usually LOVE them all. :confused3 :laughing: Some have been pretty cheesy but still watch even if I've seen them before.

I got a late start last year. I didn't watch until sometime after Halloween. Since Hallmark & Lifetime started the weekend before Halloween, that's about 12 :thumbsup2 new movies, I was already behind. :headache: I would binge a bunch during the week, but I was always still behind.

Like @PrincessShmoo said, I really like watching some of the older ones too. So, it got overwhelming having a huge list of movies in my DVR. :( I prioritized watching the Hallmark movies over the Lifetime ones, as I usually like all of them and Lifetime can be really hit or miss.

But, by the end of the season, I still had about 5-6 movies I just never got around to, and it was several weeks after Christmas. I just was no longer in the mood. It worked out well as a I saw a few "new" (to me) movies during Hallmark's Christmas in July. But, there are a few Lifetime movies I still never saw. And there are 30 new ones on the lineup this season.

Hallmark has 40 scheduled. With the 5 ION movies, that's 75 NEW movies this season. :eek: :faint:

I wish they would not be so overly productive with new ones each year and show some of the old ones more.

::yes::

They also show some of the older movies late at night. I end up recording my favorites like at 4am. :rolleyes: So, that's more movies added onto my DVR list.

I can't wait. I have Scrooged coming in the mail. I usually buy one must watch Christmas movie every year. I was thinking about getting Hallmark Now for Christmas movies. Do you think Philo is a better deal? I usually have SlingTV for soccer, but I haven't been in the mood to watch soccer this year.

Oh, this is the Christmas movie blog that I read: https://itsawonderfulmovie.blogspot.com/ (trigger warning: it leans religious at times.)

I LOVE the Hallmark Christmas movies! I’ve watched both countdown shows and have written them down to DVR when I can. I’ve also DVR’d numerous other shows. I’ve got Hocus Pocus recorded too and I can’t decide whether to watch it or a Christmas movie. 😆 I’m going to run out of space on my DVR so I’ve gotta get watching these movies so I can record more!

I usually have SlingTV for soccer, but I haven't been in the mood to watch soccer this year.

You can add on the Hallmark Channels onto SlingTV.

A PP posted about Friendly TV, which sounds promising if it's any good. It's $5.99 per month though, not 3 months.

https://www.frndlytv.com/

I saw a streaming service with Friendly TV, I think, that is $5.99 for 3 months I think I'll do to get me through the holidays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter