Hall of president solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMO429

DIS Veteran
Put a haunted mansion themed restaurant where hall of presidents is and all of disneys problems go away and Disney fans everyone will rejoice for a new themed restaurant!
Or that would at least make me super happy!!

Enjoyed the discussion on the show

Well, except for the people that really like the Hall of Presidents ...

But I do think the best solution is to change up the show big time now. You will have some backlash from the Trump supporters but it will be like pulling a bandaid and then you are done - rather than potentially have to deal with it again the next time there is a controversial president

Personally I would love if Lincoln talked and then asked "does anyone else want to say anything?" And then 2-3 other presidents talk - but it is randomized so each showing is a bit different

Well, except for the people that really like the Hall of Presidents ...

But I do think the best solution is to change up the show big time now. You will have some backlash from the Trump supporters but it will be like pulling a bandaid and then you are done - rather than potentially have to deal with it again the next time there is a controversial president

Personally I would love if Lincoln talked and then asked "does anyone else want to say anything?" And then 2-3 other presidents talk - but it is randomized so each showing is a bit different

People really liked wishes, universe of energy, the bakery on Main Street to name a few

You put in a restaurant that will be themed and be hard to book at 180 days out and people will forget real quick what once was there!

People really liked wishes, universe of energy, the bakery on Main Street to name a few

You put in a restaurant that will be themed and be hard to book at 180 days out and people will forget real quick what once was there!
I am in favor of a HM restaurant but not in that location. Theming is key here and unless they completely change the look of the building I don't think it works.

Never been on the attraction but don't think it's main appeal is to overseas guest.

Although I do think it's strange as it's in Liberty Square area that is supposed to be "ye olde times", why they have any modern presidents in there.

Might be good to have the founding fathers telling people how the country was formed - you can even do a bit of Brit bashing and have an evil King George III! As I speak for everyone over here lol, :rotfl: honestly us Brits won't mind - (well as long he's in the same vain as other British Villains like Tom Hiddleston's - Loki or Alan Rickman - More Hans Gruber than Snape or my favorite Jeremy Irons - think Scar - My goodness we do produce some good bad guys :thumbsup2)

I think it should be changed into a new attraction, America Through Time. It could be much like CoP and show scenes of highlights throughout American history, starting with the Revolutionary war, perhaps. This would be exciting and educational.

I don't think it's worth it to risk ill behaved people entering the attraction and upsetting children with the shouting, fighting, etc. that would for sure happen.

Never been on the attraction but don't think it's main appeal is to overseas guest.

Although I do think it's strange as it's in Liberty Square area that is supposed to be "ye olde times", why they have any modern presidents in there.

Might be good to have the founding fathers telling people how the country was formed - you can even do a bit of Brit bashing and have an evil King George III! As I speak for everyone over here lol, :rotfl: honestly us Brits won't mind - (well as long he's in the same vain as other British Villains like Tom Hiddleston's - Loki or Alan Rickman - More Hans Gruber than Snape or my favorite Jeremy Irons - think Scar - My goodness we do produce some good bad guys :thumbsup2)

This is a great idea! :)

I feel the need to jump in here and say the same thing I did in another thread: I don't want Liberty Square turned into Haunted Mansionland. Mostly because I don't like the Haunted Mansion so I hate to see more real estate used for it. 2ndly because I hate to see an attraction turn into a restaurant that I'll never get into even if I wanted to!

Or how about we just leave a classic Disney attraction alone? Seriously, are we just going to start changing things because some millennial snowflakes pitch a fit over someone they didnt like winning an election?

There was hatred and division from liberals when George W Bush won in 2000. There was hatred and division from conservatives when Barack Obama won in 2008. Now we’ve come full circle again with President Trump. He’s the president...get over it....accept it...open up Hall of Presidents again.

How about turning it into a HOP restaurant? Turn the animatronics into servers. I want the Trump robot to bring me my burger.
Clinton can play the sax to entertain everyone.
That`s what I say, make it a Hall of Presidents restaurant! LOL

At Great Moments with Lincoln at DL, I remember seeing a portrait of President Obama on our last trip in the main lobby. I am assuming it is now President Trump?
I searched online but could find not find a single mention of it being placed, being protested or it being vandalized. I am assuming it has been hanging all year? Has anyone personally seen it or is my memory wrong? Or perhaps they just hung another piece of art?

I think what they would have to do is announce in advance that the current president (current at whatever time it is announce that is) will be the last current president to speak and after the next election a change will be made to only past presidents speaking (just Lincoln, Lincoln and Washington, etc). Doing it after the election looks, rightly or wrongly, like a slight of the sitting president. That will always annoy roughly half of the voting population.

I think what they would have to do is announce in advance that the current president (current at whatever time it is announce that is) will be the last current president to speak and after the next election a change will be made to only past presidents speaking (just Lincoln, Lincoln and Washington, etc). Doing it after the election looks, rightly or wrongly, like a slight of the sitting president. That will always annoy roughly half of the voting population.

I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter