Hakuna Matata, A Baked Potato! -Oct '17 TR *Completed, New PTR Link*

That breakfast looks so good!! Last time I did Garden Grill I had lunch, and it was okay, but judging by these pictures, I think I would prefer breakfast!

How sweet! What better way to celebrate it than going to Epcot! That's how we'll be spending our anniversary this year as well :)

Your food at GG looks so yummy! I'd like to go sometime, though I sometimes manage to get a little dizzy/motion sick in rotating restaurants, even though they're so slow. I'm excited to see your character interactions here!

I thought it was the park they'd most enjoy! (And I am sure you guys will as well!!)

I honestly never noticed the rotational feeling, though I know it's a little different in your scenario!

Which phone did you use? I wanted to upgrade to an X but am having issues with my company agreeing to it! I’d love to get a better low light camera for nighttime shots!

iPhone 7! I hope you are able to upgrade soon!

Awww, that's amazing! Happy belated anniversary to them! :thumbsup2

Me too! I've never eaten here but I love, love, love the Land pavilion and I love seeing Garden Grill from LWTL. Someday! ::yes:: Your breakfast looked delicious!

Aww thanks! :)

I hope you get there one day! I am so glad I finally did and I wouldn't hesitate to go back! The food was so good!

Oh wow, 35 years, that's amazing! Congrats to them.

Looks like there was a good amount of food at the Garden Grill breakfast. And that gigantic sticky bun puts the cinnamon roll at Gaston's Tavern to shame. (And that's saying something!)

Thank you!!

Definitely a good amount of food and since it was family style you could request more of anything you wanted! I think the only item we asked for more of was the waffles (maybe one of the meats too but I can't remember). I still have not tried the cinnamon roll at Gaston's but this one sure was tasty!

That breakfast looks so good!! Last time I did Garden Grill I had lunch, and it was okay, but judging by these pictures, I think I would prefer breakfast!

The lunch/dinner options there never sound all that appealing to me. This breakfast was delicious though, highly recommend it!

Happy Anniversary to your parents. Yummy sticky bun at Garden Grill. Glad you enjoyed the breakfast food.

Garden Grill for breakfast has been popping up on my radar a lot lately! The guys on the DIS Unplugged Dining show raved about it (particularly that cinnamon roll/sticky bun thing!) and I have been seeing it a lot in TRs too! Now that pre-park opening breakfasts at MK have become not as coveted with the early opening of Main Street, maybe we will need to give this one a trip next trip instead! I'm looking forward to seeing the character interaction!

Happy Anniversary to your parents. Yummy sticky bun at Garden Grill. Glad you enjoyed the breakfast food.

Thank you! The breakfast was delicious, would love to go there again.

Garden Grill for breakfast has been popping up on my radar a lot lately! The guys on the DIS Unplugged Dining show raved about it (particularly that cinnamon roll/sticky bun thing!) and I have been seeing it a lot in TRs too! Now that pre-park opening breakfasts at MK have become not as coveted with the early opening of Main Street, maybe we will need to give this one a trip next trip instead! I'm looking forward to seeing the character interaction!

I think you should take that as a sign that you need to go! It's a great pre-park opening option and the food is really delicious!

Day 3, October 23, 2017 - Garden Grill

Once we were settled with our food, the characters then started coming around! First was Dale!

Then Pluto!

Then Chip!

And then of course Farmer Mickey! I was super excited for him :)

Everything here was awesome! Our server was so lovely and even gave my parents a signed card from all the characters for their anniversay!

Before we left we even were visited by Pluto & Dale one more time!

As we were still eating, the park officially opened and we saw the droves of people heading into the Land building to get on Soarin. We would be joining them shortly!

Up next...Soarin & lots of characters!

Oh my goodness, I love your photos with Mickey! I think they're my favorite ones you have shared. You look so happy! They were all the perfect example of why Disney is so magical.

Apparently, the character interaction at Garden Grill is one of the best. Everyone that has been seems to get to see each one at least twice. Well worth the cost of the meal if for no other reason than the meet and greets!

What a lovely character experience! Your pictures are fabulous! This is SO a must-do someday for me! :thumbsup2

Your photos here are sweet, especially your selfie with Dale! It was really thoughtful that your parents got an anniversary card, too.

Just found your TR and I'm really enjoying it so far! Sounds like a great trip!

DH and I were walking the trails by the Tree of Life last November, and stumbled on Flik also. Nobody else around at all. It was fun!
That's the only time we've gotten into those trails because our other 2 trips were in September and it was so hot, we were not going into any trails. There's no air moving in there!

Oh my goodness, I love your photos with Mickey! I think they're my favorite ones you have shared. You look so happy! They were all the perfect example of why Disney is so magical.

Apparently, the character interaction at Garden Grill is one of the best. Everyone that has been seems to get to see each one at least twice. Well worth the cost of the meal if for no other reason than the meet and greets!

Aww thank you so much!! I was just so excited to meet him in his cute little farmer outfit!

It really was great interaction, not rushed at all, and we got a couple repeat visitors which was great!

What a lovely character experience! Your pictures are fabulous! This is SO a must-do someday for me! :thumbsup2

Thank you! It was a great experience and I hope you get to go very soon!!

Your photos here are sweet, especially your selfie with Dale! It was really thoughtful that your parents got an anniversary card, too.

Thank you! :) Our server was so sweet and it was so nice of her to being out the card for them!

Just found your TR and I'm really enjoying it so far! Sounds like a great trip!

DH and I were walking the trails by the Tree of Life last November, and stumbled on Flik also. Nobody else around at all. It was fun!
That's the only time we've gotten into those trails because our other 2 trips were in September and it was so hot, we were not going into any trails. There's no air moving in there!

Thanks for joining in! :wave2:

It's almost sad that they stick Flik back there when those trails are so empty! Maybe they think putting him there will draw people over? Not sure, but selfishly it was nice having such personal time with him!

I have Garden Grill on my list of places to visit for breakfast one day! The food looks great and characters are so cute!

I love all your character pictures! That was one thing I did like about Garden Grill is that they come around more than once, so you get tons of character interaction!

I have Garden Grill on my list of places to visit for breakfast one day! The food looks great and characters are so cute!

Yesss do it! It's totally worth it- great food and awesome characters!

I love all your character pictures! That was one thing I did like about Garden Grill is that they come around more than once, so you get tons of character interaction!

Thank you! The character interaction was great! And it was nice doing it before park opening :)

Day 3, October 23, 2017 - So many characters!

Once we finished breakfast we headed down to get on Soarin. I think it was a little after 9 when we got on line. We waited about 20 minutes to board- not terrible!

Hi Patrick!

This was my parents first time on the new Soarin and they really enjoyed it!

Once we got off, we headed over to get in line for Joy & Sadness! I'm a huge Inside Out fan and even though I had met them before I was still excited! We waited about 45 minutes before meeting them. This was a great meet! These 2 are always so interactive and fun!

We were going to meet Baymax but decided to first use our FP for Character Spot. As always, the FP line was a little backed up but soon enough we were meeting some classic characters!

After that, we headed back to meet Baymax. I think we waited about 20 minutes before meeting him. We all got some nice hugs and fist bumps :)

Up next...Another ride & we check out the festival center!

We waited about 20 minutes to board- not terrible!

That's not bad at all!

Once we got off, we headed over to get in line for Joy & Sadness! I'm a huge Inside Out fan and even though I had met them before I was still excited! We waited about 45 minutes before meeting them. This was a great meet! These 2 are always so interactive and fun!

Where is this meet?? I've always wanted to do it, but I realized I don't actually know where it is:rotfl:

39651801871_f75e1cbdf3_z.jpg

I love this meet!! Sadness holding hands is just so sweet.

Great picture! You had a really productive character morning!

I've never met Joy and Sadness, but I've always heard great things about their meets. Maybe my next trip!

What a great benefit of a Garden Grill breakfast first thing... 20 minutes for Soarin! :thumbsup2

I wanted to meet Joy and Sadness on my last trip but I was with a group that wasn't really into meets. Hopefully one day! I love all the pictures of all your meets!

You got a great picture of Sadness with your mom!

And your dad seemed to be having fun with Goofy. I feel like Dads and Goofy always end up with fun interactions.

Lots of characters knocked out this Epcot morning, especially when you include the ones from your Garden Grill breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!