Gulf State Park Dismeet 2018: Sand, Sun, and Puzzles...

Resistance is futile.

28781715a5af63d9fd4506bbb59641af--old-cartoons-classic-cartoons.jpg

So if the DIS meet at the fort works out for 2020 around Columbus Day (0ct. 12th) :teacher: and you have to call and book 499 days out (June 2, 2019) I'm guessing that we will all be up at Midnight at GSP on the phone with Disney booking or is @BamaEd handling it for us?? Haha! Late night s'mores party night at GSP! party:

I can hear Ed now, " Yes Hi I need 18 campsite for the week of Oct 12th 2020," :rolleyes1:surfweb:
I think they will hang up on him haha:rotfl2:

I so wish we could be down there to be a part of that if it happens. With 2 high schoolers and a middle schooler at the time, however, I don't see us getting away in early October. Maybe someday. Nonetheless, if it works out, I will gladly follow along on here as I live vicariously through whomever is having the most fun at any given time!

Got this email yesterday.

Want the Campground All To Yourself?
Well, maybe not "all" to yourself but pretty close. Make a camping reservation now. The weather is still fabulous and no crowds in the campground, beaches, pool or local restaurants.

Even better reason to book now? 30% off all new reservations for stays until October 8th. Not valid w/ any other discounts or existing reservations. Please ask for "September Special" when you call 251-948-7275

I can attest to "almost to your self". Entire loops or roads are nearly empty. Live Oak was empty. Summac drive had one little popup on it yesterday.

j

Last edited:
Got this email yesterday.

Want the Campground All To Yourself?
Well, maybe not "all" to yourself but pretty close. Make a camping reservation now. The weather is still fabulous and no crowds in the campground, beaches, pool or local restaurants.

Even better reason to book now? 30% off all new reservations for stays until October 8th. Not valid w/ any other discounts or existing reservations. Please ask for "September Special" when you call 251-948-7275

Sad thing is it says "new". I already have reservation coming on October 5th through 8th. I'm gonna call and see if maybe...just maybe...

Have your bride call and make ressie in her name for site next to one you have and once she gets it call and cancel yours ask for Gift card and use that to pay for next May

Still waiting on my camper to get out of the shop. Supposedly going to be today. I bought it Memorial day weekend, made 4 payments and have used it twice lol Hopefully it will be out in time for our meet in 2019 lol

Still waiting on my camper to get out of the shop. Supposedly going to be today. I bought it Memorial day weekend, made 4 payments and have used it twice lol Hopefully it will be out in time for our meet in 2019 lol

Good grief! I hope so.

Back in Gulf Shores, but regrettably not at GSP. We're on top floor of Phoenix All Suites right across from Gulf Island Grill.
15388415892861709970254.jpg

The Pink Pony Pub is right below me.

1538841655752590364691.jpg

You can see grass of the public beach and park just down from us on other side of The Hangout.
15388417366492070692986.jpg
Only good thing is we got full balcony and unobstructed view of East.
1538841830025-1124100533.jpg

Means good sunrise pics.
IMAG1325.jpg

IMAG1328.jpg

IMAG1333.jpg

IMAG1341.jpg

DW has already discovered a hairball in the corner and is getting quickly reminded why we got a camper in the first place.

Very Smart Woman that Mrs. Tiggerdad. Just wait till its time to repack to go home after her mandatory visit to the outlets. My guess is she will remind you, a bit more emphatically

I do particularly love Gulf Shores in the "shoulder seasons".

Those six weeks from the end of September until the first week of November (in the fall) and the last two weeks of April till the end of May (in the spring) are absolutely wonderful times to be on the Alabama Gulf Coast (preferably at Gulf State Park but any way you can get there is fine - the Phoenix Suites is really "roughing it", tiggerdad). :rolleyes: (yeah I know, had trip planned, sold trailer, blah blah blah). Still nice sunny warm weather but without the summer or snowbird crowds.

You could always go up to CamperWorld or whatever it's called in Robertsdale and look at 5ers. That is if DW will let you drive past the Tanger Outlets .... :rolleyes1

Looks beautiful, tiggerdad.

Bama Ed

PS - I have Patronized the Pink Pony Pub on more than one occasion. (It's pretty innocuous, harmless). The tshirts/tank tops are cool tho. It has a small indoor dining section and bar and a deck with more tables (where DW and I ate last time we were there).

PPS - the PPP has a webcam so don't do anything stupid, tiggerdad: We'll see it. http://www.bamabeachcams.com/pinkponypub.aspx

Last edited:
Yeah, @bama_ed the live camera has about a 7-10 second delay. Sitting on my balcony watching people and comparing. I can actually see camera from here.

Since we are literally next to the Hangout well take kids there tonight for food and entertainment.

Everything we usually do is in walking distance.

We walked over to Gulf Island Grill for lunch.

We did Shrimpys mini golf after lunch. In pic below it is right behind Mikee's Seafood. Then walked to Scoops, in background.
IMAG1348.jpg

IMAG1349.jpg

Sea and Suds is about 15 minutes walk down beach and gonna try it tomorrow.

The Hangout is okay. No cover charge to enter. Food is about typical priced. Poboys and burgers all good.
IMAG1356.jpg

Burgers were bigger than my DD could handle. No kids menu though, odd.

They have live bands and you can actually just go in and sit listening to bands or get you a drink at bar if not interested in food.

Kids have a playground inside complete with sand...

We walked the beach to burn some calories after and chased sand crabs.

IMAG1357.jpg

I seem to be bad luck. Last time I was here the news was an early hurricane (that thankfully missed). Today there is another TS/H that may be developing.
IMAG1358.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!