• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Guide Books for Guest with Disabilities

sncbird

<font color=blue>I need a Starbucks Latte!<br><fon
Hi,

How often does WDW update their Guide Books for Guest with Disabilities? When was the last one published and can I order these on-line or do I have to call them? If I do need to call, what number should I call to request them?

Thanks!!

They were updated recently, but had not been changed before that in a number of years.
They also leave a lot to be desired. They have a lot of general information and do tell you a little about the length of a ride, whether or not it is a boat and whether it is turbulant. They don't give much boarding information and there is little info about hearing or vision difficulties. They are most usefull for an ambulatory person who needs a wheelchair for distances.∞

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES

I have to agree they leave a lot to be desired. The boks give precious little imformation for those of us in power wheelchairs. Are they to be treated like and ECV or a w/c. At times it seems to depend entirely on the castmember, Also can the be put on a w/c accessible ride. I know mine fit on the Pooh ride but would it be too heavy for Small World? We haven't even tried. I transfer to a standard chair at the ride. These are they type of thing that would be nice to know.

Also they need better information about the accommodations for handicapped guests in the resorts. And the people handing the reservations should be knowledgible about what is available.

Pooh

I know I always say the books leave ALOT to be desired and to read them w a grain of salt (havent fully compared the books next to each other yet) but this yr IT DOES SAY that Spaceship Earth is NOT able to be rode from your chair (it said ya could last yr) I will be comparing notes from last yr's book....when I do I'll be posting here for yas! :)

Wheelsie Co-Moderator of disABILITIES
and
DisneyTips
wheelsie@mail.wdwinfo.com

cokewheelin.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter