Grocery Delivery besides Garden Grocer

So what do I do for a tip at Instacart? Seems like that recommended tip when I ordered was pretty big but then they want me tipping the driver too? He was the same guy that shopped as well...

Go to Safeway.com and register to create an account. We applied for a card when we stayed at Aulani a while back.
You'll see a grocery delivery tab, just follow the instructions. We never had a problem with them.
Thanks for this info. For the items I am getting there is a significant savings. When you check out is there additional fees/tips? I would expect to tip the delivery person just wondering about the puller at the store end.

We used Amazon Fresh on a recent trip and it was delivered to the Poly with no fee with a purchase over $20.
Was there a fee for Amazon fresh to get it at the resort? I remember there was a fee for packages at the resort ($5 per box), so not sure if it is applicable for amazon fresh...

Thanks for this info. For the items I am getting there is a significant savings. When you check out is there additional fees/tips? I would expect to tip the delivery person just wondering about the puller at the store end.
Can't remember any additional fees and they're not supposed to accept tips. Might have changed from the last time we used them. I tipped him anyhow but he didn't want to take it, I kept insisting and he finally accepted it!

So what do I do for a tip at Instacart? Seems like that recommended tip when I ordered was pretty big but then they want me tipping the driver too? He was the same guy that shopped as well...
You can do one or the other, or both. We have opted to tip in cash to the person upon delivery. Instacarts FAQ’s say they do not keep any tip money but we prefer the person to have the cash on the spot. Our two experiences, with a small and a large order have been great.

We took Uber to a nearby Target. You can call ahead and have your order ready curbside. But it doesn't appear that you can do that with alcohol, so we did 2 Uber trips. The Uber trip was $10, plus we tipped $5. So it was a total of $30 for the shopping trip. We got a week and half worth of wine and snacks and breakfast items. This was considerably less expensive for us than purchasing the wine on site.

I highly suggest pricing out what you want to get among the delivery options you are considering.

We priced out what we wanted and found Instacart to almost always be the most expensive. We are going to do a combination of Garden Grocer, Amazon Prime Now, and Amazon Prime Pantry.

SW

We have had really great experiences with WeGoShop. They always get exactly what we need and with 3 kids it has been great because of how many items we need that aren't listed on Garden Grocers site. Since we've used them before we do not need to present and i.d. and be there when they deliver alcohol. We just go to the room, call up bell services and we have our groceries. We use Publix as our preferred store too because of the better variety even if it's a little more expensive than Walmart.

I just used Safeway for the first time and they had a first-time user code for $25 off and free delivery. I'm doing the happy dance. THANKS!!!

I have not tried it, but I understand some nearby Publix are doing delivery now. I used Amazon Prime Now on my last trip, their service was great....their selection was adequate for what we wanted, but I'm sure a regular store like Safeway or Publix would have more items. With Amazon it depends what is in stock at their delivery warehouse that day. I will likely use Amazon again, as like I said, the selection was adequate for our needs.

Three trips now with Publix Instacart and we are happy with it. And we are picky. Once again though, plan to be available during the time your shopper is shopping as inevitably they will need to substitute something on your list. You will receive a text allowing you to choose something else. If you do not/cannot respond they skip the item AFAIK. And of course you need to be there for delivery if you order alcohol. Our first day is typically to ride in on DME, drop our bags, go off to lunch somewhere, answer texts from instacart - usually 1 or 2 - come back for delivery, move in, have a quick bite and then off to a park for the evening. Works well for us as frequent visitors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts