Great stay at Kidani Village

sjrec

DIS Veteran
Just wanted to share we had a lovely stay 4/24-5/1 in a savanna view studio. Villa was clean, everything looked good.
It was a very relaxed vacation for us-pool until 2:00, watching the animals from our deck (2-3:00 prime viewing from our balcony) and then park touring.
We ate breakfast in our room but enjoyed lunch from the Maji pool bar-shared sandwiches and enjoyed frozen cocktails. Had an outstanding dinner at Saana and ate off the Jiko menu at the Jiko Lounge.
Staff was great-I know some people are concerned about these daily room checks, but we never saw or heard from anyone. Only empty trash cans and fresh towels to see they had been in the room-and if the Room Occupied sign was on the door we were not disturbed.
Just a beautiful and relaxing resort-it will be hard staying anywhere else!

Glad you had such a great stay!

Did you have a car, or did you use Disney transportation?

Well I’m excited, bringing a group of graduating young ladies in October and my Kidani waitlist came through on Thursday. Woohoo

We love AKV as it is our home resort. I do wish that Maji pool bar had some better/different food options. I think that's my only (very minor!) complaint about the resort.

Love Kidani! We will be staying there in August; celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. Glad you had an enjoyable stay.

Thanks for the positive review! How far out were you- i.e., which "pod" were you in? My biggest complaint with Kidani is how incredibly long the hallways are! Every time I ask for close to the lobby, and always get way out there. This last time the front desk assured me "Oh, yes-you're definitely close to the lobby", yet the villa was in the fourth pod. I guess my definition of close differs from theirs.

Just wanted to share we had a lovely stay 4/24-5/1 in a savanna view studio. Villa was clean, everything looked good.
It was a very relaxed vacation for us-pool until 2:00, watching the animals from our deck (2-3:00 prime viewing from our balcony) and then park touring.
We ate breakfast in our room but enjoyed lunch from the Maji pool bar-shared sandwiches and enjoyed frozen cocktails. Had an outstanding dinner at Saana and ate off the Jiko menu at the Jiko Lounge.
Staff was great-I know some people are concerned about these daily room checks, but we never saw or heard from anyone. Only empty trash cans and fresh towels to see they had been in the room-and if the Room Occupied sign was on the door we were not disturbed.
You’re giving me flashbacks of being at Kidani :rolleyes2 ...Oh, how my family loves it there. We shared your same experience, so lovely. We’ve gone back many times. It’s true, there’s something to love about every dvc resort, but it’s hard to move past once you’ve experienced waking up to giraffes outside...

Animal Kingdom is at the top of my preferred DVC Resort locations and generally prefer the Kidani section section when staying there. Had to laugh about the super long hallways.

Animal Kingdom is at the top of my preferred DVC Resort locations and generally prefer the Kidani section section when staying there. Had to laugh about the super long hallways.
We always end up near the end of the hallways-we’re 62 and luckily in pretty good condition-so not a problem for us. :)

Staying at Kidani Dec 12th-17th for my first DVC stay. AKV is my home resort, but up till now (paying out of pocket) I've only stayed at Jambo. Personally I like being near everything at Jambo, but I'm excited to experience Kidani as well. Thankfully Jambo isn't too far away, I like spending time at the Victora Falls area in Jambo after a day in the parks, but I guess Sanaa has a lounge also right?

Love AKL- glad you had fun!

So glad you had a wonderful stay! Although I would gladly shout my love for AKL from the rooftops, I must keep quiet. I don´t want other people to find out who great it is! :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter