Great Movie Ride closes for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m surprised it wasn’t posted here that the original sound effects from Jimmy Macdonald, the second voice of Mickey and head of the sound department during Walt’s days up until the seventies are being utilized. Including the steamboat willie whistle effect for the trains! I’m so pumped!!!

I’m surprised it wasn’t posted here that the original sound effects from Jimmy Macdonald, the second voice of Mickey and head of the sound department during Walt’s days up until the seventies are being utilized. Including the steamboat willie whistle effect for the trains! I’m so pumped!!!

oops, I had posted a bit about this in the Destination D thread and also in the main News thread but forgot to also add it here:

Some more on the attraction:

From Big Fat Panda:
Sound effects for Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway are all made old school style - nothing digital. Music is going to play a big part in the attraction as well!
#DestinationD

@TheDIS: Imagineering had to develop a special paint methodology for the train in #RunawayRailway to appear in both white light and black light #DestinationD @DisneyD23

@TheDIS: The original slide whistle used in “Steamboat Willie” is going to be used in #RunawayRailway for the train whistle! #DestinationD @DisneyD23

Does anyone know the estimated date of Runaway Railway opening? Also, let's say opening date is August 1 (for ex) will you be able to schedule a fast pass for this expected date?

Does anyone know the estimated date of Runaway Railway opening? Also, let's say opening date is August 1 (for ex) will you be able to schedule a fast pass for this expected date?
No specific date yet. Disney has announced it as Fall 2019. It’s rumored it could soft open in August and then open officially in September. You would be able to schedule fastpasses for opening day once that is announced.

No specific date yet. Disney has announced it as Fall 2019. It’s rumored it could soft open in August and then open officially in September. You would be able to schedule fastpasses for opening day once that is announced.

I just watched a youtube video that said scheduled to open in Summer of 19? Wonder which is accurate?

Just curious if any CM’s or anyone else has been able to see the progress of this ride? Since the construction/remodel is indoors, seems to be difficult to get updates. I think Disney is only saying the generic Opening 2019.

Just curious if any CM’s or anyone else has been able to see the progress of this ride? Since the construction/remodel is indoors, seems to be difficult to get updates. I think Disney is only saying the generic Opening 2019.
Disney has said Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter