Grateful, Thankful, Blessed: our 25th Anniversary SeaWorld Celebration (Spring ’18 TR)

I deleted all my trip report links from my signature because many of the photos disappeared when Photobucket applied their "reorganization" :rolleyes2. Without the pics, they just lost their usefulness (or so I felt). It was so maddening!!

The photos are back! :hyper: Photobucket has a new CEO and I guess they restored all the broken links?

It looks like a fun wrap up of your day and a wonderful, relaxing evening at the Vistana. I do love being able to slow down on a nice, longer vacation!

I will be working for sure on the 30th, but thanks for the invite (I was only joking about joining!)

I'm surprised you haven't gotten these yet. At least you should have a lot of options for appointments since you can easily do either side of the border. You've had them before right?

Nexus cards? Nope, never applied before. Thought about it many times, but where we lived in Ontario was a good hike to the border, so the interview would have been difficult to schedule. So....we never bothered. Then I guess life just got so busy after we moved that we never thought about applying.

They do not! Probably why I do them so many times

That's Slowpoke (both Kaboodle and Garfield live at Wild Arctic, and both still have tusks

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

What a great day. We enjoyed the dining plan and thought it good value too :goodvibes

It sure makes for a nice park day when you don't have to worry about pulling your wallet out ::yes::. Just being able to grab cold bottles of water whenever we needed them is worth the value of the plan all on its own.
I wish all Buffalo Timmy’s were this way :rotfl2:

They're not that way in Michigan, either!! :rolleyes2

So I've fallen off the wagon again.....

I'm still back on walrus anatomy.....what size were his shoes anyway?

4c68e2e11f9d6cd68a8dd60f3858a9c5.jpg

The photos are back! :hyper: Photobucket has a new CEO and I guess they restored all the broken links?

It looks like a fun wrap up of your day and a wonderful, relaxing evening at the Vistana. I do love being able to slow down on a nice, longer vacation!

Ya don't say!

Well, hot diggity dog. That's not what I would have expected. I guess I should take some time and put those links back in my signature, then! Thanks for the heads up :).

I will be working for sure on the 30th, but thanks for the invite (I was only joking about joining!)

Well I was totally serious ::yes::. Sure you can't call in sick and play hooky for a day? ;)

I realized tonight that I never did explain, for the benefit of anyone else who might be planning to visit SeaWorld and purchase the Photokey, about the extra step you need to make for the 'magic' shots. @DontRushMe kindly offered for me to use her pictures from earlier this month as an example, so this will be her adorable family in the next couple of pics.

If you happen to have a magic shot taken at SeaWorld (you'll know this is the case when one of the photographers will have you put your hands out, as if you are holding something), you have to stop at one of the photo locations in the park to have the 'magic' element added to the picture: it is NOT automatic as it is at Disney. If you don't, you'll log onto Photokey and find your picture looks a little.....empty :rolleyes1:

37565434_10156905725036416_7642514567993491456_n.jpg

@DontRushMe had already left the park (and wasn't planning another park day there) when she realized that her picture was lacking the magic element, so she reached out to me for help. I actually emailed Photokey to see if they could help, and I am happy to report that they were happy to make the necessary addition and remedy her empty picture. So now, she has a frame-worthy secondary shot:

37609901_10156905725051416_6915908051148996608_n.jpg

Sometimes it can take an hour or so after a photo is taken before it is uploaded to the Photokey site (and available for editing), so I wouldn't go straight to a photo desk after you have a magic shot taken to have the magic added. But definitely plan to stop before you leave the park or sometime later in the afternoon to have the special feature added in. If you have a specific request as to what magic element is used (Shamu, baby Puck, the One Ocean sphere, etc.) they are happy to accommodate.

Nexus cards? Nope, never applied before. Thought about it many times, but where we lived in Ontario was a good hike to the border, so the interview would have been difficult to schedule. So....we never bothered. Then I guess life just got so busy after we moved that we never thought about applying.

It was a pretty straight forward process with the biggest thing being you have to stalk their site to sew when your app is approved for interview, they don't notify you. At least that's how it was 2 years ago when I did mine. Let mw know if you have any questions. You both have way better reason for it than I do but it was a better/cheaper way for me to get precheck and global entry.

I bought 4 SeaWorld all-day dining plans a few weeks ago under the current passmember special ($24.99 per day, per person.....a rocking good deal! :banana:) so today, I bought 4 more for Aquatica. That covers each of our 4 planned park days....and at a crazy low cost.

Is this deal still available? I have a SewWorld Platinum AP.

Thanks!

It was a pretty straight forward process with the biggest thing being you have to stalk their site to sew when your app is approved for interview, they don't notify you. At least that's how it was 2 years ago when I did mine. Let mw know if you have any questions. You both have way better reason for it than I do but it was a better/cheaper way for me to get precheck and global entry.

Thanks for the offer :thumbsup2. Crazy that they don't reach out to you though when your app is approved and you're at the interview stage :confused:. I would have just assumed we'd get a phone call. I appreciate the heads up.

I wonder if I get our applications submitted this week, if we'd have our Nexus cards by the time we travel to Orlando in October? :scratchin

Is this deal still available? I have a SewWorld Platinum AP.

Thanks!

It is ::yes::. The offer is available for purchase until August 31st, and the dining plans need to be used by December 31st. Just log into your passmember profile on the SeaWorld website and you should see it :thumbsup2.

Tuesday, May 8th: Aquatica! :flower1:

Aquatica didn’t open until 10 am, so we knew we didn’t need to set an alarm for that morning: our internal clocks would have us up LONG before we needed to be :rolleyes:. Sure enough, I was wide awake right on cue…..just shortly after 6 am…..so eventually I tiptoed out of bed and hit the shower as quietly as I could without waking Steve. It was a beautiful morning, and the sunshine was streaming in through the skylight in living room. I tossed on my shoes and went for a short stroll around the pools and Fountains village walkways: other than the maintenance crew (one poor fella who was removing an “expired” squirrel…..not sure what had happened to the poor creature initially, but from his obvious flat-ness, he appeared to have been run over by a car at some point :crazy2:) I was one of the only people out and about. It was a lovely start to the day.

31961006_10156731540771416_5904333495051747328_n.jpg

31960581_10156731541201416_5777769398773219328_n.jpg

By the time I wandered back up to our third floor villa, Steve had also awoken and was in having his morning shower. While he finished up in the bathroom, I got to work assembling our waterpark bag…..sunscreen, swimsuits, aloe gel, and the other necessities we’d need throughout the day….and was ready by the time he emerged. We opted to skip any coffee or breakfast that day, as neither of us were hungry and we knew we planned to buy the all-day dining at Banana Beach. We never want to be super full and eat like kings on waterpark days, anyway. Gluttony never mixes well with water and heat :sick:.

The drive to the park was quick and delay-free :drive:, and we pulled into the parking lot at about 9:45. As we were some of the first guests to arrive, we snagged an absolutely ideal parking space just a few dozen feet from the entrance. Collecting our beach bag from the back seat, we headed down the walkway to the turnstyles, scanned our AP’s, and our day had officially begun!

Two different Photokey photographers were stationed in and around the bridge just after the park entrance, so we stopped for some quick pictures on our key. One of the photographers captured some shots that I really liked……

32104515_10156732787211416_1978035471502016512_n.jpg

32087141_10156732787811416_8257535416421318656_n.jpg

….while the other, not so much :rolleyes1. I liked the idea of the chair and the life preserver as props, but the pics just didn't turn out super well.
Or I'm just being overly critical! :p

32116191_10156732787341416_2442340295401013248_n.jpg

After the brief stop for pictures, we headed straight to Guest Services so that we could be assigned our cabana rental. We had pre-purchased our cabana before our arrival (they are available for booking online or by phone, so we had done so months ahead of our visit), so it was just a matter of receiving our wristbands and cabana number. We were only the third person in line, but it took 15 minutes before they finally got to us. Service there first thing in the morning is often less than swift, so we had our expectations managed and were not surprised by the brief delay :rolleyes:.

32169629_10156732787911416_8225250366300618752_n.jpg

Once we had our cabana assignment in hand and our wristbands affixed, we mosey’d over to Cutback Cove to get settled in.

31968135_10156732788016416_5060701527551770624_n.jpg

We were assigned to cabana #2. While there are a few different areas and classes of cabanas at the park (at varying price points), our preference is Cutback Cove: it is the quietest, shadiest, and most convenient location for us. Oddly enough, it’s also the least expensive of all the options....$89 for our May date, less 10% for the passmember discount.

31968064_10156732788151416_8554124228427776000_n.jpg

We wasted no time in changing into our swimwear (in one of the washrooms, of course, and not in the cabana…..those sides don’t close!) and stowing our belongings in the large locker that’s just above the fridge in the cabana. In addition to the locker and refrigerator, the cabana comes with 12 bottles of Dasani water (all nice and chilled and ready in the fridge), rental towels, and 20% off your purchases at the gift shops (including photos). There is seating for 4 (2 lounge chairs and 2 beach seats) and an overhead fan to help keep things cool. Cabana attendants check on your all day long, and will deliver food and beverages to your cabana if desired (for an extra fee, of course).

32170041_10156732788246416_3050465165813219328_n.jpg

Cabanas are our most-recommended splurge at Aquatica. In fact, we think they are such a good value, we've never had an Aquatica day without one. Of course, we also don't visit in high summer season (and cabanas here are priced seasonally....so summer rates can be around the $300 mark for the same cabana that will be $49 in October) so that makes a difference. But definitely price them out if you happen to be planning a visit. Free, open seating is plentiful throughout the park but NOTHING beats a private space in Cutback Cove!

Once we were slathered in sunscreen, it was time to hit the water. It was sunny and warm with just a very light breeze ….ideal weather for our waterpark day :beach:. Once quick pic……

32072736_10156732804301416_1069586490385760256_n.jpg

….and we were off! :goodvibes

32104526_10156732788376416_1984543652625514496_n.jpg

More to come!

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer :thumbsup2. Crazy that they don't reach out to you though when your app is approved and you're at the interview stage :confused:. I would have just assumed we'd get a phone call. I appreciate the heads up.

I wonder if I get our applications submitted this week, if we'd have our Nexus cards by the time we travel to Orlando in October? :scratchin

I thought it was odd too but they specified in the application process that you have to check. Once you're approved you can make the appointment online though. And do check for approval on the weekends, that's actually when I saw mine and I'd check daily.

You should. I did mine the beginning/middle of August and had it in hand before my Nov trip that year, and I left around the 3rd. The part that takes the longest is getting the approval to make the appointment since both countries are vetting you. But since you both are authorized to work in the US that might help since both countries are already aware of you. The biggest thing after that is finding available appointments. I could have one almost immediately if I drove to the border or wait weeks to have one in Seattle. I drove to the border since it had weekend appts.

The other big thing, make sure and take your birth certificate along with your passport because they want both on file. I had to stop in on my way to Van a few months later with my cert so they could scan it in. It wasn't a problem but if you take everything with you it'll save another trip. It's because you don't have to have a passport to drive across. You can also get something for your car but I don't know much about it, it seems it's more for people that cross at least monthly.

We just love Aquatica! We’ve never opted for the Cabana but it would be a nice splurge . It’s always just seemed a little too high on the more crowded dates we’ve gone. The kids are already asking to go again for our trip in March . We will see on that one . I want to figure out that 8th night we need at Vistana first . It’s sitting at $245 usd right now. If we move somewhere less expensive for our last night we will add a waterpark day. If we stick with our 8th night at Vistana we will just enjoy the pools. There’s way less room to let the budget creep up on this trip .. the exchange rate takes care of that :scared:.
Although I’m guessing by the end of your Aquatica pictures I’ll be figuring out a way to work it into the budget. Your trip report pics tend to have that effect .:rolleyes1

I love an efficient Tim’s (didn’t realize you were in Buffalo, I’m just on the other side of the border!). I’ll work for you guys when I come down to Florida to be a snowbird ! :goodvibes

Yay!! More people in our Tim's company!

And we'll fly you all to Orlando for a celebration trip!

Ok I'm in!!

So I've fallen off the wagon again.....

You're back!! Yay!

I love your Aquatica pictures.:love: We're definitely going to include Aquatica when we purchase our Sea World AP's!:thumbsup2

his made me laugh out loud. Having stopped at a zillion Tim Hortons on our way out to Banff and back, I can state with authority that the slowest Tim Hortons workers of all time work in Kenora, Ontario. We went to one on the way out and another on the way back. I think every one of the employees were in training, the stores were terribly understaffed and the poor people working were completely overwhelmed. We waited FOREVER for our lunch order and it was wrong when it came but there was no way I was getting back in line or adding to the people complaining at the workers. When I saw a “Help Wanted” sign on the door on the way out I remarked to my husband that they needed the National Guard to come in and create some order first. I felt so bad for that staff. Mostly teens and seniors. I kept thinking “what if this was one of my kids working here ? “ I’ve never seen a Timmies so bad and Kenora has two of them !

I'm going to argue with the slowest Timmy's. We hit a slow one in Vallyeview Alberta when we head to the big cities south of us. This one is by far the slowest one I have ever visited. And it is always busy because two main highways meet in this sleepy little town. One highway will take you to Alaska and the other one will take you to the Northwest Territories. Sigh...half the time we end up just going to a gas station to grab something as it's such a gong show.

Finally all caught up again. Summer is too short in the north to not take advantage...so we have done a fair amount of travelling so far this summer. Hopefully now we will be home for the rest of the summer to take advantage of the camper do some fishing and boating. Your day at Seaworld looks like it was soooo fun. It makes me really want to squeeze in a Seaworld day if we get there.

Sunday, May 6th: from Dolphin Days to a Dolphin “Daze”

As we huffed and puffed our way into Dolphin Cove, T was waiting and watching for us, and waved us toward where she was standing within the area where they conduct the Dolphins Up Close tours. We were blubbering embarrassed apologies :o as she exclaimed “You made it just in time!” and began instructing us to remove our lanyards, sunglasses, cell phones, and any other accessories we were carrying. We quickly piled up our stuff on the grass alongside the walkway and she motioned us over to one of the stations alongside the dolphin pool.

For anyone who hasn’t experienced one of Seaworld’s tours yet, you TOTALLY should ::yes::. Thanks to a little good luck and some incredible special offers (some for passmembers and others on Black Friday), we have been blessed to have done several over the years……a VIP tour (though the specific version we have enjoyed is no longer offered), the Behind the Scenes Tour, the Dolphin Encounter, and the Wild Arctic Tour….and every single one of them has been nothing short of fantastic. Worth every penny and such amazing experiences and memories :thumbsup2. So when the realization sunk in that T had arranged for us to take part in the Dolphin Encounter tour that day, well…..I wasn’t sure if I wanted to scream with joy or let all that gratitude come oozing out in the form of tears. I’m a crier, so I definitely lean to the latter when push comes to shove :rolleyes:.

That said, when we next realized that not only had T made space for us for the Dolphin Encounter but that our session would be exclusively for us alone (generally speaking, couples or small families are combined with another small group and the interaction is a shared event), with her as our trainer…..well, the joy completely took over :banana:. For both of us.

@chiamarie, SOMEDAY we will find a way to properly say thank you. Are you sure you don’t want to be our daughter in law? :scratchin ;)

Because we had arrived at literally the LAST possible moment, we were launched right into the awesomeness of the tour……the details of which can be found here: https://seaworld.com/orlando/tours/dolphins-up-close/

Dolphins Up-Close Tour

Find out what it takes to be a SeaWorld dolphin trainer, when you come face-to-face with the ocean’s most playful ambassador on this approximately 30-minute hands-on tour.

You will learn first-hand from our trainers about behaviors, training techniques and the world-class care we provide for these amazing animals. Please see More Details for additional information.

· Spend time side-by-side with our trainers as you get hands-on with our dolphin family.

· Practice what you've learned while asking a dolphin to perform some of the behaviors.

· Opportunity to have your picture taken while touching and feeding dolphins.

36327420_10156847061136416_451305662996021248_n.jpg

“Our” dolphin was Archer, and he was a complete charmer :flower3:. Full of energy and personality, he was happy to strut his stuff and show off his amazing talents at T’s (and our!) bidding …...as part of the tour, we received a short lesson in dolphin hand signals, so we too could help give instructions and watch the awesomeness unfold.

36283314_10156847060381416_7225186133578088448_n.jpg

36276952_10156847061111416_6974843407701114880_n.jpg

36237242_10156847061176416_4495055262381506560_n.jpg

He wowed us with his graceful jumps, took great delight in splashing us with his strong tail, and graciously allowed us to give him a gentle tummy rub without complaint. It is both inspiring and humbling to be around T when she’s in SeaWorld staff mode: she is SO knowledgeable, so patient, and her love for the animals is so obvious.

36242154_10156847060831416_5544489718969794560_n.jpg

We even went "fishing"! :p

36299122_10156847060866416_6786642317362069504_n.jpg

Park photographers were stationed across the pool from the tour guests and captured photos of each small group as they enjoyed their one-on-one moments with the dolphins. T was happy to hear that we had already purchased the annual Photokey, as the pictures from today’s session would be included on the key.

36308908_10156847060351416_470969032594423808_n.jpg

One of the most incredible moments of the tour was getting to "dance" with the handsome Mr. Archer. While I can honestly say that our entire trip was nothing short of fantastic (Saturday’s migraine excepted), this moment was the cherry on the sundae :worship:. This is what sets SeaWorld apart from all the other theme parks in Orlando. And this is one of those times where I wished that I could just stop time and savor the moment longer.

36270203_10156847060366416_7194498471989084160_n.jpg

36315604_10156847060611416_4497913876649607168_n.jpg

Grateful :goodvibes. Thankful :goodvibes. Blessed :goodvibes.

When our session was over, T had to dash…..she was still on shift, though her work day was wrapping up shortly…..so we gave her big hugs of appreciation and made a promise to chat soon to finalize our dinner date for later that week. After all she had done for us on this trip, the least we could do was treat her to a meal out, and Kobe’s was on the itinerary for exactly that reason :thumbsup2. She accompanied us over to the Photokey desk so we could have our pictures added to our Key, and we bid her adieu.

We were positively beaming as we headed out of Dolphin Cove. For a “bonus day” at SeaWorld which we hadn’t originally been planning, it couldn’t have been any better of a day :).

Just started reading your report & I have tears after this experience!!! Blessed indeed.

We had plans for another Dismeet later that evening, so we opted to head back to the resort at this point in the late afternoon. We wanted some time to freshen up and grab some dinner before we met with @pattyw and her husband for drinks at SVR. We made the quick trek to the parking lot, hopped in the rental vehicle, and were pulling into the Vistana in short order. And yes, as we trundled up the stairs to our villa, we were STILL smiling! :teeth:

Sunday Fun-day, indeed ::yes::.

The balance of our day is next!

Aww, we all like Aquadica, and also had those pictures from the year we bought the AP Photo. We always seem to get there when first open, so having a close parking space is so nice. Last time, we did get a cabana, and it was great, when it started to rain, our stuff was dry, and was a place where we could relax while the rain fell, then of course, since it was warm, went back out in the rain to go into Roa Rapids.

Perfect weather you had.

We'll be going back to VB, but we all agree, Aquadica is one of our most favorite water parks.

Although I’m guessing by the end of your Aquatica pictures I’ll be figuring out a way to work it into the budget. Your trip report pics tend to have that effect .:rolleyes1

:laughing: I was thinking the same thing! Gina's TR's have made me add a lot into our trips! I've saved a lot of $$ too by your tips on discounts!

:laughing: I was thinking the same thing! Gina's TR's have made me add a lot into our trips! I've saved a lot of $$ too by your tips on discounts!

Gina has saved me money too! I never thought that rental car price would change that much but now I am a habitual checker of price. I just snagged $50 off my original rental today (for late October) with Alamo! Hopefully once the fall discounts/specials appear that will go down more.

Since so many of you have gone to Sea World. Does anyone know if you stay at a partner hotel do you get the perks advertised on the Sea World website or do you have to book your stay through SeaWorld? We plan on using IHG points for our vacation. It isn't a deal breaker but would be nice.

Gina has saved me money too! I never thought that rental car price would change that much but now I am a habitual checker of price. I just snagged $50 off my original rental today (for late October) with Alamo! Hopefully once the fall discounts/specials appear that will go down more.

Since so many of you have gone to Sea World. Does anyone know if you stay at a partner hotel do you get the perks advertised on the Sea World website or do you have to book your stay through SeaWorld? We plan on using IHG points for our vacation. It isn't a deal breaker but would be nice.

We stayed at the Fairfield across from SW and got the perks like quick queue(we booked through the Marriott website).

Hey everyone, so sorry about the lack of updates since Sunday. I've been having a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad week ..... I swear I must have walked under a ladder or been crossed by a black cat at some point :sad2:. If it could go wrong, it has!! In the midst of all the other rotten luck, I even managed to break my phone :sad:, an unfortunate little ooops that has been rather costly to remedy. While I had been dreaming of updating to a newer model phone, I didn't actually want to take the plunge just yet. However, I'm currently waiting on delivery of my new device which is apparently out for delivery today with UPS. I'm hoping when that shiny new Galaxy S9+ is up and running, my bad luck with turn and I'll have some less discouraging days ahead. Lord knows y'all don't want me posting when I'm grouchy LOL.

I thought it was odd too but they specified in the application process that you have to check. Once you're approved you can make the appointment online though. And do check for approval on the weekends, that's actually when I saw mine and I'd check daily.

You should. I did mine the beginning/middle of August and had it in hand before my Nov trip that year, and I left around the 3rd. The part that takes the longest is getting the approval to make the appointment since both countries are vetting you. But since you both are authorized to work in the US that might help since both countries are already aware of you. The biggest thing after that is finding available appointments. I could have one almost immediately if I drove to the border or wait weeks to have one in Seattle. I drove to the border since it had weekend appts.

The other big thing, make sure and take your birth certificate along with your passport because they want both on file. I had to stop in on my way to Van a few months later with my cert so they could scan it in. It wasn't a problem but if you take everything with you it'll save another trip. It's because you don't have to have a passport to drive across. You can also get something for your car but I don't know much about it, it seems it's more for people that cross at least monthly.

Thanks so much for all the tips. We'll be sure to bring the whole gamut of documentation with us....better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. We kind of suspect the same thing you mentioned....it SHOULD be a pretty easy process, one would think, when we've already been through the American system. Heck, we've even been fingerprinted by Homeland Security!!

Great start to Aquatica, it's good you are early risers as I think you get more done first thing.

It was a quiet day there all day long. Even in mid-afternoon, lines were only 5-10 minutes for the headline slides :thumbsup2. But arriving early is never a bad idea, no matter the crowd level! At least there's ONE benefit to not being able to sleep in!! :rolleyes:

We just love Aquatica! We’ve never opted for the Cabana but it would be a nice splurge . It’s always just seemed a little too high on the more crowded dates we’ve gone. The kids are already asking to go again for our trip in March . We will see on that one . I want to figure out that 8th night we need at Vistana first . It’s sitting at $245 usd right now. If we move somewhere less expensive for our last night we will add a waterpark day. If we stick with our 8th night at Vistana we will just enjoy the pools. There’s way less room to let the budget creep up on this trip .. the exchange rate takes care of that :scared:.

Ha! Sorry about that ;). Well, I want to be sorry :p .... does that count for anything?

Aquatica is so much fun, I hope you guys can find a way to work it in. Surely the exchange rate will make a positive move at some point.....that dang dollar has been wallowing in the toilet for far too long :sad2:. You got some good prices on tickets through CAA last time, right? Fingers crossed that they offer more great discounts for spring break 2019 :thumbsup2.

I still need to visit Aquatica! Especially to do Ray Rush

YES!! Steve is SUPER excited to give the new ride a try, too! :banana:

Yay!! More people in our Tim's company!

Ok I'm in!!

You're back!! Yay!
I love your Aquatica pictures.:love: We're definitely going to include Aquatica when we purchase our Sea World AP's!:thumbsup2

When we purchased our Seaworld AP's, we got Aquatica for free.......a really great offer. While the BOGO passes on past Black Fridays were the best passmember offers that we've enjoyed, getting the second park AP free was the next best thing ::yes::. Hopefully you can get in on a similar sale when its time!

I'm going to argue with the slowest Timmy's. We hit a slow one in Vallyeview Alberta when we head to the big cities south of us. This one is by far the slowest one I have ever visited. And it is always busy because two main highways meet in this sleepy little town. One highway will take you to Alaska and the other one will take you to the Northwest Territories. Sigh...half the time we end up just going to a gas station to grab something as it's such a gong show.

Finally all caught up again. Summer is too short in the north to not take advantage...so we have done a fair amount of travelling so far this summer. Hopefully now we will be home for the rest of the summer to take advantage of the camper do some fishing and boating. Your day at Seaworld looks like it was soooo fun. It makes me really want to squeeze in a Seaworld day if we get there.
Welcome back! Fishing and boating sounds like the BEST way to spend the last of the sweet summer weather :sunny:. We tried to get out on a river cruise last Sunday but Mother Nature rained us out :sad1:. We're hoping to try again this weekend. We would also like to take our new bikes out on the trails for the first time, so hopefully its not too hot!

Aww, we all like Aquadica, and also had those pictures from the year we bought the AP Photo. We always seem to get there when first open, so having a close parking space is so nice. Last time, we did get a cabana, and it was great, when it started to rain, our stuff was dry, and was a place where we could relax while the rain fell, then of course, since it was warm, went back out in the rain to go into Roa Rapids.

Perfect weather you had.

We'll be going back to VB, but we all agree, Aquadica is one of our most favorite water parks.

Have the crowds died down at all at Volcano Bay? It was definitely busy when we were there last October. Great park though, so lush and fun and colorful. We will definitely plan to return there, too, when we get Universal AP's again.

Ha ha! Whoops :o. Sorry! But only sorta ;). Hopefully all the stuff I managed to talk you into worked out to be well worth the $$'s.

Hey, that reminds me I need to check my car rental again, then!! I haven't looked at prices since late last week (I've been on crisis management this week :rolleyes1 so my car rental price watch has taken a back seat). But, I will be sure to look today to see if I can benefit from a similar drop!!

It doesn't matter how you book your stay, as long as you are at one of the official hotels of SeaWorld you will get the onsite benefits. Rest assured you can use those points and still get the same perks as those booking through SW directly :thumbsup2.

We stayed at the Fairfield across from SW and got the perks like quick queue(we booked through the Marriott website).

I was just looking at that property the other day! I was trying to talk Steve in to a long weekend trip in December to take in the Christmas Celebration events at SW. Rates were just $99 a night. Flights $69 each way (including tax). And free admission with our AP's!!! The all day dining can still be booked for $24.99 per person, so it would have made for a SUPER cheap getaway. I am still sorely tempted!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter