Granny needs help!!

pearfarmer

Earning My Ears
We have taken our kids and grandkids to both DL and WDW over the years, last time in 2016. I want to gift the family a trip to DL in February for Christmas but reading about ticketing and the park experience now has me baffled!! Is it still possible for us old, tech nerds to navigate and enjoy my Happy Place? There will be 7 of us, 4yr-70yr's, 3 park days, we usually buy park hopper tickets but the new rules, restrictions and death of FastPass and now Genie has me so confused! What do all you DisneyPros suggest I do to have a fun experience?

If you haven't been there in six years and you haven't been here reading up on all the changes and challenges, you've got a lot of homework to do, and you haven't given yourself a lot of time to do it. It might be smarter to plan the trip for later in the year or even next year. At least that way you can put in the work to catch up on what you need to know. Lock in today's prices but plan for as far out as you can.

It is doable, but Disney has made things much more complicated since your last trip.
Find the stickies on park tickets, park reservations, etc to catch up. Watch some of the youtube videos (I think Molly when she was with All Ears and now Mammoth does a great job with this) about those items as well.
Since your last trip, FP+ has been removed and is now Genie and Genie +. If you are going to use those, read and watch videos as they are not intuitive.

We have taken our kids and grandkids to both DL and WDW over the years, last time in 2016. I want to gift the family a trip to DL in February for Christmas but reading about ticketing and the park experience now has me baffled!! Is it still possible for us old, tech nerds to navigate and enjoy my Happy Place? There will be 7 of us, 4yr-70yr's, 3 park days, we usually buy park hopper tickets but the new rules, restrictions and death of FastPass and now Genie has me so confused! What do all you DisneyPros suggest I do to have a fun experience?
You've got plenty of time to study up but a lot has changed since 2016- here are the highlights of what you need to learn-
  • Genie/Genie+ & getting very familiar with MDE
  • Park Reservations
  • Mobile Ordering
  • Park hopping rules
A LOT more has changed than that but those are just some of the highlights. Disney Tourist blog has some great resources if you prefer to read/see screenshots and pics. Molly from Mammoth Club, formerly was with All Ears also has good, practical tips too. She does youtube but if you want to read, you can find a lot of helpful info on All Ears' website. Also, WDW Prep School has a lot of helpful, relevant info too. 90% of what you need to learn is new rules and the MDE app. Once you can navigate that, you'll be fine. Take a few hours one day to learn the new rules and to navigate MDE app. Without any tickets yet, you won't be able to see everything Genie related but you'll be better equipped before the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter