Grand Californian availability

HappyThoughtsTees

Mouseketeer
There seems to be a decent amount of availability in July/August, especially in the 1 & 2 bedrooms. Is that common? Or are people hesitant to book due to covid?
Thanks!

There seems to be a decent amount of availability in July/August, especially in the 1 & 2 bedrooms. Is that common? Or are people hesitant to book due to covid?
Thanks!

Yes, that's common for that time. It's not unusual for VGC to have availability right up until the 7 month window during many time during the year and especially in the summer as a lot of the local AP's are blocked. It does usually tend to book up right when the 7 month window opens but there can be odd dates here and there that take a little longer.

Yes, that's common for that time. It's not unusual for VGC to have availability right up until the 7 month window during many time during the year and especially in the summer as a lot of the local AP's are blocked. It does usually tend to book up right when the 7 month window opens but there can be odd dates here and there that take a little longer.
Thanks!
So at the moment, we are well into the 7 month booking window when we look at July and August, but there is a lot of availability in the larger rooms. Is that part common?

Thanks!
So at the moment, we are well into the 7 month booking window when we look at July and August, but there is a lot of availability in the larger rooms. Is that part common?

Yes, not exactly uncommon although it's possible that non-CA owners are holding off and planning on a different year so it's lasting even longer. As I mentioned a lot of the local AP's are blocked for the summer and it's a higher point time so the larger accommodations aren't jumped at as quickly. You start to see the difference in booking when it hits the 3rd or 4th week in June thru maybe September or so when Halloween Time starts.

Yes, not exactly uncommon although it's possible that non-CA owners are holding off and planning on a different year so it's lasting even longer. As I mentioned a lot of the local AP's are blocked for the summer and it's a higher point time so the larger accommodations aren't jumped at as quickly. You start to see the difference in booking when it hits the 3rd or 4th week in June thru maybe September or so when Halloween Time starts.
Got it, thank you!
We are relatively new to DVC- bought VGC resale back in October- and would love to add more points, but can't quite justify our budget and the where the prices are for VGC resale right now. Debating on getting some cheaper/non VGC points to use for 1 and 2 bedrooms at VGC at the 7 month window. We've heard that VGC is impossible to book at anytime in the 7 month window, so I appreciate your insights.

Got it, thank you!
We are relatively new to DVC- bought VGC resale back in October- and would love to add more points, but can't quite justify our budget and the where the prices are for VGC resale right now. Debating on getting some cheaper/non VGC points to use for 1 and 2 bedrooms at VGC at the 7 month window. We've heard that VGC is impossible to book at anytime in the 7 month window, so I appreciate your insights.

It's possible to book at 7 months but you don't really want to miss that window opening. There's just some times that you can get lucky with availability if you do. Enjoy your DVC!

Availability right now should not be used for any long term decisions. Most people don't expect DL to open by July based on California guidance.

Just want to reiterate this point. Chances of Disneyland opening within the next 6 months is pretty low. Orange County is surging badly right now and the previously provided guidelines have it not opening until the "Yellow" tier. We are essentially in purple (with stay at home orders) and have to be in each of the tiers for 3 weeks (still need to get through purple, red, orange, and then yellow) meeting the metrics. Now with the vaccine, maybe some of the tiers or guidance will change. In the meantime, booking for VGC is pretty much a guess. I have had like 8-10 VGC reservations cancelled since last March (honestly just trying to use up some banked points and kept rescheduling as things were cancelled).

Bookings are unusually light. A few years ago you could get 1 and 2 beds at the 7mo fairly easily until you couldn't. I have canceled 2 summer bookings so far this year and moved to WDW or xmas. Don't ever buy SAP expecting to use them at VGC unless you are perfectly ok with pivoting to WDW or Aulani.

I moved a July studio to early December earlier this month. Not confident July will be open or anywhere near normal. My friends don’t have tickets, which could be an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter