Got MBs Months Ago for Trip in Oct., Disney Emails That a Pair Are In the Mail - Normal?

PSUGuy

Bill From PA
It appears we're going to receive a 2nd set of new Magic Bands, I personalized and received a pair many weeks if not months ago. What's up?

Bill From PA

I received 2 sets for my upcoming October trip. The first set were colors we had picked out for a trip that happened 2 years ago. The second set were our colors we picked for this trip. Both show up as active in MDE. My understanding is that either set will work. Can't explain why.

Magic bands typically ship about a month before your arrival, regardless of when you personalize them (you can personalize them when you book and change the personalization/colors any time until they ship). So unless you have an AP set or paid for them, the abnormal shipment is the one you got weeks ago.

Yep, this will be the second trip on APs we bought last Nov. Still don't know why we should get 2 sets. Not complaining, we usually take some old ones as back-ups anyway but surely Disney, (or their computer) should know we were sent a set this year already and last Nov and this Oct are the only trips we ever had on the books during the life of the APs. For once in recent times we're getting more from Disney than expected instead of less. Staying at Board Walk both times if that matters.

Bill From PA

If you got some for your trip last november, and then a set after that, that second set may be your AP bands - did it come with an orange AP slider in the box? You do get a set with your annual pass (useful for those locals who buy an AP but don't stay on site).

If you got some for your trip last november, and then a set after that, that second set may be your AP bands - did it come with an orange AP slider in the box? You do get a set with your annual pass (useful for those locals who buy an AP but don't stay on site).

Yes to the slider question, for the first time ever. Also got a set prior to last Nov., a few months ago and apparently again soon.

Bill From PA

You received a set last year for your November trip which is normal with a resort stay. The set you received weeks ago with the orange slider is the MB you can customize after you activate your AP and the new set you are receiving is because of your upcoming resort stay. It is not just one MB per year - you can get a MB for every resort stay and you get 1 for your AP. You can decline MBs at any time if you have others to use. Last year I had the option to customize 6 MBs but I declined a few of those.

Last edited:
Yep, this will be the second trip on APs we bought last Nov. Still don't know why we should get 2 sets.

we were sent a set this year already and last Nov and this Oct are the only trips we ever had on the books during the life of the APs.

We are offered MBs for every single onsite trip.

When you buy APs, *after* the first trip you take using those APs, you're offered AP bands. (some people get those when they buy the APs online, but that's a glitch, and rare)

So you got the onsite bands for November trip, then the AP bands, and now you're getting the bands for the October trip.

At any point in there you could have declined the bands if you wished. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter