GoPRO at Walt Disney World - tips, tricks, suggestions

Easto

Mouseketeer
List of Restricted Items

Fist off I understand that Selfie Sticks / GoPole / any extendable items is banned.

I have also seen some awesome videos people have made from their trips at WDW.

What's the best accessories to bring?

Any tips, tricks, suggestions on how to best use them?

Can we turn this into a "How to get the most out of your GoPro (or any action camera) thread :D

If you have a suggested accessory, can you post a picture or link so we can check it out

The only thing we use in addition to the gopro is the handler. It's a simple handle with a wrist strap and we like it better than holding the camera alone and you get a better grip on it (with a strap in case it gets away from you on a ride).

Actually, we also have other memory cards and batteries for it also to ensure we could have it running the entire day if we wanted too. With that, we also have the ability to recharge everything with limited hours back in the room and somewhere to copy the data to so the cards are empty when we start the day (laptop with external usb hard drive).

I have a wrist strap and before our next trip will probably invest in a chest strap. The wrist strap made it easy to film rides and for the most part I was able to get some good on ride videos. However it did not work in low light. On my upcoming long trip I want the chest strap to be able to film my friends and I running around the parks. We have some extra batteries and always dump the video to our phones and then the cloud but also have a lot of memory cards.

List of Restricted Items

Fist off I understand that Selfie Sticks / GoPole / any extendable items is banned.

I have also seen some awesome videos people have made from their trips at WDW.

What's the best accessories to bring?

Any tips, tricks, suggestions on how to best use them?

Can we turn this into a "How to get the most out of your GoPro (or any action camera) thread :D

If you have a suggested accessory, can you post a picture or link so we can check it out

Check out our Disney video shot with the Hero4 Silver in January. I used the Gorillapod action video tripod by Joby, it's very versatile, you can do a lot with it. I also used the grenade grip by gopole.

Another cool accessory I recommend is Aeon, unfortunately it was not available in January, but I will definitely have it for our next trip. It's a little pricey, but worth to have..go to youtube and look it up. Also, check out Micbergsma on YouTube, he has lots of cool tips and tricks for your gopro. Enjoy it, it's a cool little camera

AK_EXPEDITIONEVERESTRIDE_7551982368.jpeg

It's a little less conspicuous on a baseball hat, to be sure, than a bald head, but then you have to contend with the brim interfering in the shot.

https://www.amazon.com/GoPro-Headst...d=1466785181&sr=8-3&keywords=go+pro+hat+mount

(Edited to add video from the ride and ask why my Amazon link displays as walmart.com? I added this comment, saved, and it reverted to Amazon. I removed the comment, saved, and the link changed to walmart. Twilight Zone-y.)

Last edited:
Love this thread - any other suggestions?

My biggest suggestion is plan out some of your video and editing before you go. Have a list of shots you want to have in your video to mix in with the more spontaneous stuff.

My DH made a hat for ours instead of using the hideous head mount strap that nobody wants to be caught wearing. We bought a baseball cap style hat that fit both DH and I, and was neutral in color. He measured the regular go pro mount it comes with and used the right drill bit. Drilled through the brim of the hat and put the mount on. It worked great! And we have amazing video. We even used it on DS for a second in Epcot and it was neat to see things from the perspective of a child but we will have to make a child's go pro hat for our next trip to make it more secure on their head.

Hi all looking to buy a go pro for my upcoming trip. What would you suggest for great video quality, sharp clear pics and water proof? Does those little cube version work to take pics

Check out our Disney video shot with the Hero4 Silver in January. I used the Gorillapod action video tripod by Joby, it's very versatile, you can do a lot with it. I also used the grenade grip by gopole.

Another cool accessory I recommend is Aeon, unfortunately it was not available in January, but I will definitely have it for our next trip. It's a little pricey, but worth to have..go to youtube and look it up. Also, check out Micbergsma on YouTube, he has lots of cool tips and tricks for your gopro. Enjoy it, it's a cool little camera

I know I’m about 2 and a half years late on this but...awesome video! I bought my first GoPro today for our upcoming trip and came here looking for tips for putting something decent together. This is exactly what I’m hoping for with mine. Definitely gives me an idea of what I can do with it in the parks. Great work!

I know I’m about 2 and a half years late on this but...awesome video! I bought my first GoPro today for our upcoming trip and came here looking for tips for putting something decent together. This is exactly what I’m hoping for with mine. Definitely gives me an idea of what I can do with it in the parks. Great work!

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it! I love the GoPro, it’s a great little camera. I have since bought a Gimbal(camera stabilizer) for it and it really produces cinematic footage. I’ve recently posted our February trip, check it out. Enjoy the GoPro in your upcoming trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter