• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Good snacks for the drive to WDW?

KaraJade

Resident GL
Okay its only three weeks until our trip, and I'm starting to get a box of snacks and things together for our trip. This is our first time driving and having a car/cooler, so I'm planning on packing some sodas and sandwiches for the drive. Thought it would be nice to have the cooler in the room, and keep things cold. Its just my DBf and I. So, I was curious... what is everyone's not to be missed snacks/ foods to take on vacation? I'm not taking any toasters or things like that, but will probably plan on having a few snacks/ breakfast quickie items for the room.
Thanks for all the help!

We never leave home without our cereal bars and Chex mix. For any road trip we pack an overflowing snack bag, but we've got a 3-year-old that always has the munchies! :D

We pack lots of water, sports drinks etc. and you can refill the bottles!!! I pack some cold cuts, small jar of mayo, loaf of bread, peanut butter and fluff and plastic utensils. I also pack those god awful fruit rollups for the girls, granola bars, goldfish, muffins and bagels (cream cheese too!!).

Have a safe trip!!

We had a 2 and a half day drive to Florida from Canada and we were on a very strict budget.

We had a large brown box and each week when we did our groceries we would buy one or two items for the box..... It added up very quick and we had snacks for the entire 16 day trip and both drives to and from Florida.

Here is a sample of what we bought: (some we ate on the way , some we ate there)

Granola bars (not the soft type)
Cheese and Crackers
Peanut Butter and Crackers
Different Candies
Lolly pops
microwave popcorn (we had a microwave in our hotel room)
Crackers (in individual packages)
Soda pops in cans
Water bottles that we froze to drink and keep other stuff cold
A Brita water jug and filter to refill our water bottles (froze 4 at a time for each day)
We had small snak size Chocolate bars that we bought for Halloween (got a very good deal)
Lots of sandwhiches that lasted us 2 days
On the first day we had salads in plastic containers
Pringles (not very messy)
Pretzles
Dry cereal in individual packages
Beef Jerkey (home made)
Juices and Gatorade
Fruit cup
Jell-o cups
Puddings
Large container of Cashews and ziplocks to devide them up for several days
Bagels (pre-cut and Pre-creem cheesed)
Cookies and Fig newtons in individual packages
Bretons and Easy Cheese for my fiance
Muffins
Celery and Carrot sticks
Lunchables (meat, cheese, crackers and a dessert)

We would carry around a variety of snacks each day at the parks and would return to the car each day for lunch and a break.
We saved a lot of money and time doing this.
Hope these ideas were helpfull

Thanks for the responses, everyone :) Sam what a great list! I found a couple good deals at Krogers the other day, got some 6packs of bottled water, sodas, and Rice Krispie treats (Bf picked those lol) to start us off. When it gets closer to the trip I'm planning on making up some sandwiches and getting some cheese and crackers, maybe a box of danishes or coffee cake... haven't totally figured it all out yet but the suggesstions sure make it easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter